• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Leisure Minor Visitors At SPN

Jun 2, 2007
India
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guru Piari Sadh Sangat Ji

My children aged 15 & 9 usually sit with me when m reading the topics at SPN. The topics they can't understand, i explain to them. I make it a point to atleast explain one topic daily.

Please share ur views.

Regards

Please forgive me

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Good point gurvinder ji

I think there should be a section for children as many topics On SPN are quite complex and its better for children not to read those topics as it will confuse them more about sikhi.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
This idea has been in circulation for a long time.. its implementation has never taken please... if you would like take charge of this section... and develop it... we are all game... :happy:

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
maybe yes

maybe no

children have sense of curiousity which is not shackled by the conventional thought.

they question easily, they seek answers, they are comfortable with unknown, they are far easily able to accept that sometimes what meets the eye is not the only truth.

I enjoy being in touch with the child inside.

Jun 2, 2007
India
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Respected Jios

Thanx for taking notice. Respected Aman Ji, I would definitely like to take care of children forum, if started by ur goodself. The colorful, large fonts with images will definitely be liked by chidren.

Waheguru Bless.

Please forgive me.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Maybe we could have a section or album included where children can upload drawings they make with Sikh themes?

We could have simplified sakhis for them including images.

Online quizzes to test their retention?

A kids section is a good idea!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Jios,

A children's forum is a wonderful idea. Singh bj has posted many things for children already. And these threads could be moved to such a forum. The one thing we have to watch are laws protecting children on the Internet. I think with children under a certain age it would be a good idea for a parent to verify the child's email address. This is something that is done on many web sites. Also some features may need to be limited, such as private messages, so that children are not the victims of Internet predators. But it is all doable and would be a very uplifting forum for SPN. :)

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
If we are going to have a kiddies section we should use a more friendly graphical interface with friendly colourful images as links.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM