• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

World Microsoft Apologizes For Changing Race In Photo

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
By Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Software giant Microsoft Corp. is apologizing for altering a photo on its Web site to change the race of one of the people shown in the picture. A photo on the Seattle-based company's U.S. Web site shows two men, one Asian and one black, and a white woman seated at a conference room table. But on the Web site of Microsoft's Polish business unit, the black man's head has been replaced with that of a white man. The color of his hand remains unchanged.

The photo editing sparked criticism online. Some bloggers said Poland's ethnic homogeneity may have played a role in changing the photo.
"We are looking into the details of this situation," Microsoft spokesperson Lou Gellos said in a statement Tuesday. "We apologize and are in the process of pulling down the image."

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The Ludicrous pricing of Apple kept me away...even though my first love was the Apple I and then Apple II...and then LISA came along...and the MACintosh... Powerbooks or whatever.......then i switched to..WINDOWS..and have been happy and smiling ever since...:ice::ice::ice:

The Ludicrous pricing of Apple kept me away...even though my first love was the Apple I and then Apple II...and then LISA came along...and the MACintosh... Powerbooks or whatever.......then i switched to..WINDOWS..and have been happy and smiling ever since...:ice::ice::ice:

yes they are overpriced + incompatible with workplace environments because of the software i run.

i own both pc's, notebooks and a macbook p, they both have pluses and negatives.

stay away from vista. I jumped in early with the 64 bit ultimate version and i have had nothing but driver problems (especially display driver problems while video editing on adobe software...tried updating them but the problems continued).

wait for windows 7 which is basically a patched version of vista sp1. or stick with xp pro sp2 (which is the only product since windows 98 i liked).

cheers

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM