• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

World Michael Jackson RIP

Jan 7, 2009
ਗੁਰ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਹੀਣਸ੍ਯ੍ਯ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀ ਧ੍ਰਿਗੰਤ ਜਨਮ ਭ੍ਰਸਟਣਹ ॥
That mortal who lacks the Guru's Mantra - cursed and contaminated is his life.
ਕੂਕਰਹ ਸੂਕਰਹ ਗਰਧਭਹ ਕਾਕਹ ਸਰਪਨਹ ਤੁਲਿ ਖਲਹ ॥੩੩॥
That blockhead is just a dog, a pig, a jackass, a crow, a snake. ||33||

1356 SGGS

ਜੋ ਨ ਸੁਨਹਿ ਜਸੁ ਪਰਮਾਨੰਦਾ ॥ ਪਸੁ ਪੰਖੀ ਤ੍ਰਿਗਦ ਜੋਨਿ ਤੇ ਮੰਦਾ ॥੩॥
Those who do not listen to God's Praises, are worse off than beasts, birds or creeping creatures.||3||

188 SGGS

GreenJuice Ji
How do you know he never listened to God's praises. No one brags about their beliefs. I don't understand where you are getting such misconceptions about him. Please share where you got your facts from.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Susan ji

It is unfortunate, but it happens on forums. There are people who mine Sri Guru Granth Sahib for a line here and a line there and use it out of context to badger, bully or insult another forum member with whom they have an imagined enmity or breach of understanding. This of course is a complete misuse of a sacred text.

The verses you see below are frequently used in this way. We have to pray for those who do this becuse they are dyed in the color of anger instead of the color of His Divine Love.

Thank you for expressing your views. It makes me feel better that you do because when a new member sees this kind of message I worry that the new member will become demoralized and leave the forum.

ਆਪੇ ਰੰਗਣਿ ਰੰਗਿਓਨੁ ਸਬਦੇ ਲਇਓਨੁ ਮਿਲਾਇ ॥
aapae rangan rangioun sabadhae laeioun milaae ||
He Himself dyes us in the Color of His Love; through the Word of His Shabad, He unites us with Himself.

ਸਚਾ ਰੰਗੁ ਨ ਉਤਰੈ ਜੋ ਸਚਿ ਰਤੇ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ ॥
sachaa rang n outharai jo sach rathae liv laae ||
This True Color shall not fade away, for those who are attuned to His Love.

Guru Amar Das Ang 37

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM