• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Mental Illness And Music

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
I agree, Namji. It's just a comparison is also Neccessary, imo. In order to know what you Believe, or stand for, you must also know what you do not. Again, those were just My opinions, Im sure that of others, differ. Possibly immensely, which is fine as well.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
You mention world suicide day.
Something that has been on my mind lateley is suicide and the question of '' Are suicidal beings ALL mentally ill ??''
Just because ''suicide'' is not considered the norm, is it right to label them as mentally ill ?

Maybe, they just need help or company...
It is of concern and we seem to ignore the root causes of these issues...Any thoughts ??

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Luckyji,

I think there are some who do it because they are ill, but desperation, hopelessness, helpnessness and anger seem to be connected a lot of times. And those are feelings 99.9% of us will experience at some point in their life.

I think some people don't see any way out of some situation.

I heard of two people jumping to their deaths last night. I can't imagine to feel that low that you jump to your death.

This link gives a concise overview of it. Let me know what you think about what the site says.

I don't have time to read it now, but I hope to get to it perhaps tomorrow.

You mention world suicide day.
Something that has been on my mind lateley is suicide and the question of '' Are suicidal beings ALL mentally ill ??''
Just because ''suicide'' is not considered the norm, is it right to label them as mentally ill ?

Maybe, they just need help or company...
It is of concern and we seem to ignore the root causes of these issues...Any thoughts ??

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
It is the feeling of lowest that encourages people to take this option.
Most of us have felt this feeling of the lowest of low at certain times in our lives.
But, we usually know that there is only one way that it can go when things are rock bottom. This one way is always going to be UP from the low point and then things should feel and become better.
However, the suicidal thinker must feel that the one way Up is NOT ever going to happen and that they will just remain at this bottom low point.
To end it or give up life must seem like the only way out.

What is interesting is that nearly half of the people that have committed suicide have been ones that have felt it is their OWN Fault for getting that low, they feel it is their own inadequacies and faults that has led them to a failed life.
This is interesting since the other half of suicides are by people that could be classed as victims. These can be victims to discrimination, rape, obesity,bullying...etc... They can also be victims of society such as addicts, depressives, or where they feel they have been led to crime, prostitutione.etc..etc... the list is huge!

In any case, I think it is something not addressed as well as it could be.
I know that the majority of the telephone calls to the samaritans at one time used to be people contemplating suicide.

What is even more shocking is the weeks and months of planning that is involved in a lot of cases. Thus it becomes clear that this person really wanted to go and end it as they had planned for weeks or months. However, this also gives a reason to the authorities to not pursue their follow up or investigation into further depths.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: