• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Meditation or Dhyaan

Meditation ways and results

• Concious awareness of Breath

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Concious awareness of Thoughts

• Conciousness of Inner Awareness

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Simultaneous Physical and Mental awareness

• 24x7 conciousness

• None of above

• Total voters

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
SAT SRI AKAAL,

JAP Read Realise and Practice

HUKAM RAJAI CHALnA Nature Law ACCEPT and Practice

Free Mind to get a MEDITATIVE state in few steps.

Work of DESIRE and it resolves.problems as well.. Understand DESIRES

Two type of DESIRES erupts in beings.

ONE for survival and Second of formed MIND.

Understand and resolve. Survival desire one can not ignore, and formed MIND desire one shall work, more the formed MIND desire, more physical work.

So over desired beyond survival resolves.are problems.

So attain a MENTAL PHYSICAL balance and time frame.

Give TIME slot in 24 hours to

SLEEP, EAT, etc and other survival needs.
Physical work limiting hours to balance thoughts for desires.

Keep a slot for Meditation or FREE MIND.

Once we keep time, thoughts are coming unconsciously in MIND, those are priority to solve and resolve.

Physically resolve or shelf to make time balance for all important activities, for survival issues.

At 10th step of JAP Bani there is

SUNIYE LAGEY SEHAJ DHYAN.

One may recite, do ritual poses for years, one may not get MEDITATIVE mind and for life time.

Resolve.DESIRES and solve problems to FREE MIND.

One.may get at once, if the content is desire and problem is MINIMAL.

And then we can USE it for higher purpose. Of
SEVA (for others) and SIMRAN.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sat Sri Akaal,

When someone is have bundles of VIRTUAL wealth, ie position, finances and intellact. One has more desire to resolve, even with no time to understand and have conciousness of survival.

Still without understanding of REAL wealth, one loses health as one is not concious about REAL wealth.

ONE do not require SERVICE as plenty is available for serving need of self, so MIND is kept busy, in ritual meditation, as service to GOD.

This is old way of developing and using meditation.

If we see SWAMIs or GOD MANs who do ritual meditation. They attach devotees to them, and make them ritual meditation for years, but freem MIND is temporal or may not be available.
As survival desire can not be ignored and MIND made desires can not be resolved in a ritual workshop.

Further is someone has minimal may achieve.also.

So what NEXT, after attaining FREE MIND, what's USE.

This is the moment to Imbibe TRUTH, already available SPIRITUAL text understanding by contemplating.

Thos who are doing ritualistic meditation, what TRUTH they have attached to there lives except repeating the existing TRUTH. So the use of Meditation is left to SELF centric evolution as opening a self centered DERA and making SELF as a PIVOT of Dera.

SERVICE which makes a balance to Spritiual Minds EGO is a missing event.

It is the USE which gives benefit of attainment of higher SPIRITUAL education, giving the collective spirituality common to all and blessed by NATURE.

Self glorification was the USE of spirituality practiced earlier and even now. Keeping SELF as a centre and spreading Spirituallity in self styled.manner.

USE of Meditative MIND
1. To gain contemplation of Spiritual text.
2. To give spiritual education as contemplation of pure text forms, not in SELF styled translations.
3. Service to Humanity with ethics as ONE is introduced to REAL wealth and disillusione if virtual wealth are known
4. Practic ETHICs in SERVICE of LAW, AUDITS, POLICY MAKING and POLICY implementation ie POLICE, providing security to serving community, who humbly serve others without corrupt practices because of spiritual awareness.

This is USE as a way to WEALTH, and Nation Building framework.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh
Sat Sri akaal ji

Having free mind is not a means to an end...it is just easier to go within when you can quieten the mind and /or learn to not travel along with all our thoughts...they are just a distraction...

I have had kundalini type experiences...so much power flowing within....feeling like I am blasted into space and my body is about to burst into a trillion pieces....amazing Shakti...one can only surrender to such power...and trust what is taking place...that guru is with you...

It feels like there is no final piece...no end game...that the more you seek the more there just seems to be...maybe that is the end game ..to recognise our divinity...what we really are...and that there is no beginning and no end...infinite...

It's amazing really....I'm so glad I am seeking this path...and enquiring about the truth of life...

Keep going and keep inspiration each other

Sat Sri Akaal,

It was amaze to hear experience of Kundalini.
Sikhs are also.practicng other Faith's with that devotion.

Since having experience and sharing in the forum. So the practitioner well understands
Mooladhar.... Bottom of spine release energy stored. And practice of silence, breath and repetition of word.

So raising of kundalini, is an experience, can you please share your journey,

Is process valid for all humans, how long it takes to evoke.what was before and after. Is it relates to Power of Free Mind or else.

What Guru Nanak say is applicable to Free Mind

Does Kundalini evoking, brings transformation in instinctive thinking and humans are more useful to society.
Use of Energy. In human thinking transformation.

I am also attending meditation classes to get awareness of practices of other Faith's, but find it as TIME waste putting us nowhere. May be in wrong class. But as a Sikh you have experience. To express.
Please share your thoughts and experience.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Jul 24, 2020
Sat Sri Akaal,

When someone is have bundles of VIRTUAL wealth, ie position, finances and intellact. One has more desire to resolve, even with no time to understand and have conciousness of survival.

Still without understanding of REAL wealth, one loses health as one is not concious about REAL wealth.

ONE do not require SERVICE as plenty is available for serving need of self, so MIND is kept busy, in ritual meditation, as service to GOD.

If we see SWAMIs or GOD MANs who do ritual meditation. They attach devotees to them, and make them ritual meditation for years, but freem MIND is temporal or may not be available.
As survival desire can not be ignored and MIND made desires can not be resolved in a ritual workshop.

This is the moment to Imbibe TRUTH, already available SPIRITUAL text understanding by contemplating.

Thos who are doing ritualistic meditation, what TRUTH they have attached to there lives except repeating the existing TRUTH. So the use of Meditation is left to SELF centric evolution as opening a self centered DERA and making SELF as a PIVOT of Dera.

It is the USE which gives benefit of attainment of higher SPIRITUAL education, giving the collective spirituality common to all and blessed by NATURE.

Self glorification was the USE of spirituality practiced earlier and even now. Keeping SELF as a centre and spreading Spirituallity in self styled.manner.

USE of Meditative MIND
2. To give spiritual education as contemplation of pure text forms, not in SELF styled translations.
3. Service to Humanity with ethics as ONE is introduced to REAL wealth and disillusione if virtual wealth are known
4. Practic ETHICs in SERVICE of LAW, AUDITS, POLICY MAKING and POLICY implementation ie POLICE, providing security to serving community, who humbly serve others without corrupt practices because of spiritual awareness.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sat Sri Akaal,

Since having experience and sharing in the forum. So the practitioner well understands
Mooladhar.... Bottom of spine release energy stored. And practice of silence, breath and repetition of word.

Is process valid for all humans, how long it takes to evoke.what was before and after. Is it relates to Power of Free Mind or else.

Does Kundalini evoking, brings transformation in instinctive thinking and humans are more useful to society.

I am also attending meditation classes to get awareness of practices of other Faith's, but find it as TIME waste putting us nowhere. May be in wrong class. But as a Sikh you have experience. To express.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Sat Sri akaal ji

When I started Simran..I was going through some difficulties in my life...I was seeking setting to help with my negative state of mind...I was reading so much Bani...trying to make sense of it all...reading booked ...going on forums discussing with others...but in the end nothing really helped in soothing that feeling inside me to actual know something for real..

When I read Sri guru Nanak Dev saying to wake up at Amrit Vela ... That's what I did...and it was absolute crazyness what took place...

I went into it with no expectations or ideas of beliefs or anything...I was just pouring my heart out for waheguru to show me the truth...I was completely open minded...

Kundalini exists in all human beings...it is mentioned in gurbani...but as I said...kundalini or anything else of that matter was not what I had in mind when I meditated...I was just pouring my heart out to waheguru...

Everything that happened just happened...I was a mere spectator...in the hands of waheguru...

It is better to go into Simran with all your preconceived ideas pushed away...because believe me...nothing you think will matter...better to think that you know nothing...because in reality we know nothing...nothing at all...

Once you touch this gyan and experience...it can be difficult to fully funcrion in the world because you have now glimpses something truly wondrous...that no one will believe you...but you know it to be real...

So you have to find a balance...but each day...I cannot stop thinking about wanting to seek more...

Jul 24, 2020
Sat Sri Akaal,

USE of Meditative MIND

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sat Sri Akaal,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

How did I meditate?...I did what was comfortable for me...sitting on the sofa...eyes closed...no sounds...darkness....and then I focus between my eyebrows....just gently...not forceful. Then I breath in and mentally say wahe....or Sat....and when I breath out I mentally recite 'guru' or 'naam'...

Again...I wasn't following any ritual or guidance from anyone....this was comfortable for me to do....sometimes I would not recite anything...

Anyway...slowly I started seeing things with my eyes closed...as I felt going deeper and deeper in what I can only describe as a sense of really calmness and peace...seeing bright light...of different colours...going to bright white light...with it feeling bursts of energy flowing deep within out into all my arms and legs...which is a really intense feeling of love...

Anyway...all of this is daily now...it is like a normal feeling ... I am.just used to it...happens within 5-10 minutes of doing Simran...

But I struggle still with the 5 thieves...the battle with them continues...

Jul 24, 2020
Sat Sri Akaal,

USE of Meditative MIND

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sat Sri Akaal,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Nothing I have experienced or continue to experience is induced by me...I am just putting myself in the hands of the creator...that's all..

Many of my experiences I cannot just initiate when I please...they just happen whenever they happen...they blow my mind...that's why I say just go into everything with an open mind....

These forums....all the ideas people have...everyone the expert...but honestly it was only when I realised no can help me but myself...did I really start to make progress...one has to make the effort to seek....the rest...is all in his hands...

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Sikh2020amrit states
but honestly it was only when I realised no can help me but myself...did I really start to make progress...one has to make the effort to seek....the rest...is all in his hands...

In the whole process,
At last realisation was there, so realisation was due to meditation,
Which is
1.reciting word by closing eyes
2. reading and understanding SGGS on forums
and bringing transformation in thought process
3. And Free Mind comes through awareness and resolving MIND from desires and problems.

Please evaluate and share you experience. By interospecting your travelled journey.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
T.AV PARSAAD. SVAYAE

Kahaa bhayo jo d.o-oo lochan moon:d. kaae baaeth:e rahe-o bakk dh:iaan lagaa-eo
What if a person keeps sitting with both the eyes closed and the mind fixed like a crane on fish (Practiced hypocrisy),

One has to watch imagination stroke, if it is not attached to TRUTH seeking, ie for realising of TRUTH, and wrong thoughts appear on imaginative plane it is false action. SEEK TRUTH.

Nh;aat. phirio leeae saat. samud.r;ne lok gayo parlok gavaa-eo
(In hypocrisy) one kept bathing at the seven seas (Shrines the world over), neither one made right use of life here, nor achieved the liberation.

bass keeo bikhiaan so baaeth: kaae aaesae hee aaesae su baaes bit.aa-eo
One kept company of evils, and wasted life for nothing.

Saach kahon’ sunn laehu sabhaae jinn praem keeo t.in hee Pr;abh paa-eo
Saying truth, listen everybody, only he realizes God who loves truely.

Kaahoo laae pahan pooj dh:areo si-r kahoo laae lin:g garae latkaa-eo
Considering worth worship, someone bows to the stone idol, and the other hangs Shivling (Oval stone symbolizing Shiva) from his neck.

Kahoo lakheo Har-e avaachee d.issaa mahe kaahoo pachhah ko seesu nivaaeo
Ko-oo but.aan ko poojat. haae passu ko-oo mr;it.aan ko poojan dh:aa-eo

Koor kr;iaa ourjheo sabh hee jagg Sr;ee Bhagvaan kaa bhaed. naa paa-eo
Whole of the world is engaged in the false rituals, and no one tried to realize the Truth about God.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
T.AV PARSAAD. SVAYAE

Kahaa bhayo jo d.o-oo lochan moon:d. kaae baaeth:e rahe-o bakk dh:iaan lagaa-eo
What if a person keeps sitting with both the eyes closed and the mind fixed like a crane on fish (Practiced hypocrisy),

One has to watch imagination stroke, if it is not attached to TRUTH seeking, ie for realising of TRUTH, and wrong thoughts appear on imaginative plane it is false action. SEEK TRUTH.

Nh;aat. phirio leeae saat. samud.r;ne lok gayo parlok gavaa-eo
(In hypocrisy) one kept bathing at the seven seas (Shrines the world over), neither one made right use of life here, nor achieved the liberation.

bass keeo bikhiaan so baaeth: kaae aaesae hee aaesae su baaes bit.aa-eo
One kept company of evils, and wasted life for nothing.

Saach kahon’ sunn laehu sabhaae jinn praem keeo t.in hee Pr;abh paa-eo
Saying truth, listen everybody, only he realizes God who loves truely.

Kaahoo laae pahan pooj dh:areo si-r kahoo laae lin:g garae latkaa-eo
Considering worth worship, someone bows to the stone idol, and the other hangs Shivling (Oval stone symbolizing Shiva) from his neck.

Kahoo lakheo Har-e avaachee d.issaa mahe kaahoo pachhah ko seesu nivaaeo
Ko-oo but.aan ko poojat. haae passu ko-oo mr;it.aan ko poojan dh:aa-eo

Koor kr;iaa ourjheo sabh hee jagg Sr;ee Bhagvaan kaa bhaed. naa paa-eo
Whole of the world is engaged in the false rituals, and no one tried to realize the Truth about God.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sat Sri Akaal,

Sikh and Meditation
Learn and Focus

What SGGS as spirit of 10 Gurus wants to convey to seekers for focus.

All rituals which are done for Meditation are false.

As for initiation of Focus one need to conclude desires and resolve problems.

Else if one try to sit in calm peace environment, desires and problem will appear on imaginatine plane. One will not be able to FOCUS on Learning or TRUTH.

So is this step require breath control or repeat of word or posture. One word utterance makes FOCUS.

This is common say, so what disturbs One word meditation. DESIRES AND PROBLEMS. So will breath taking, one word recitation, posture can resolve.

Please share views.

Pause and contemplate. Than where is solution.

Listen to TRUTH and get aware of own self.

With doing this ONE can achieve free MIND which can be USED for spiritual and formal education.

Those SIKHS who are practicing long recitation sessions, breath session, ritualistic postures and exercies, please share your thoughts and experience....

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Jul 24, 2020
Sat Sri Akaal,

Sikh and Meditation
Learn and Focus

What SGGS as spirit of 10 Gurus wants to convey to seekers for focus.

All rituals which are done for Meditation are false.

As for initiation of Focus one need to conclude desires and resolve problems.

Else if one try to sit in calm peace environment, desires and problem will appear on imaginatine plane. One will not be able to FOCUS on Learning or TRUTH.

So is this step require breath control or repeat of word or posture. One word utterance makes FOCUS.

This is common say, so what disturbs One word meditation. DESIRES AND PROBLEMS. So will breath taking, one word recitation, posture can resolve.

Please share views.

Pause and contemplate. Than where is solution.

Listen to TRUTH and get aware of own self.

With doing this ONE can achieve free MIND which can be USED for spiritual and formal education.

Those SIKHS who are practicing long recitation sessions, breath session, ritualistic postures and exercies, please share your thoughts and experience....

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

I have not obtained any kind of realisation...realisation sound like a last step lol...there are many things I have realised through my Simran bit realisation itself seems to be an on going continuation...

I guess one will know when it truly happens...where total truth is known...if that is even completely possible...how can infiniteness be known by the limited mind...only experienced and looked at it awe.

Anyway...I have to say that I have changed for the better through my Simran...

One cannot just overcome the 5 thieves by their own control...I truly believe the flow of energy in the body...the movement of oneself through higher planes and the cleansing affect of the Amrit flowing (which you can feel) helps clean layer and layer of the dirt...

This is the true cleansing bath...not physical bath

gjsingh

SPNer
Oct 29, 2013
It does not seem complicated to me. If some goonda says, "follow me", ask your father or grandfather or mother or grandmother, "what is this shit?"

Best part is, your father/mother/grandfather/grandmother does not have to be a Sikh to send you the right way. They only need to fear God. This is an example of God's permanent and infinite mercy.

I love you God! Have mercy on me!

gjsingh

SPNer
Oct 29, 2013
"Kundalini" is total bullshit! Please point to quotation in scripture where padshah says otherwise. You cannot! Keep hindutvah bramhanist garbage out of our immaculate message of redemption for ALL of (WO)MANKIND, thank you!!!!

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Nature as a parent for all livings, has given instinct to follow, only ONE needs CONNECT to parent for guidance and obedience to follow.

gjsingh

SPNer
Oct 29, 2013
Thank you Padishah. I do not deserve your mercy but you gave it to me anyways. No crazy asana or illogical theological craziness necessary. Waheguru waheguru! Thank you!!!!

Jul 24, 2020
"Kundalini" is total bullshit! Please point to quotation in scripture where padshah says otherwise. You cannot! Keep hindutvah bramhanist garbage out of our immaculate message of redemption for ALL of (WO)MANKIND, thank you!!!!

Go and say that to your guru...lol

One simple search for the word kundalini and you will find reference in Gurbani...please do this before writing...

Kundalini is there and exists in various dimensions of your body...it doesn't belong to any culture, religion or anything just as your arms and legs do not belong to any ideology or religion or group of people...it just exists...

When you do your Simran you will come to experience these things and many other things that will blow your mind...this is because your Dyann will momentarily let go of the 5 senses which keep your Dyann on the outer world...and you start to see within you...where waheguru resides...his Shabad will pull you in deeper and deeper...

And your parents and everyone's parents are not always the true guidance needed. They are also afflicted by the 5 theives...one must seek the answers using Bani...and then putting it into daily practice...and then prove that it's real...

Jul 24, 2020
Thank you Padishah. I do not deserve your mercy but you gave it to me anyways. No crazy asana or illogical theological craziness necessary. Waheguru waheguru! Thank you!!!!

Yes no crazy asana or theology or anything...

But that doesn't mean to say that various energies don't exist in your very being...lol

One day you will realise...and then you.ll never post such messages again...as it did with me...your mind will be blown and you.ll struggle to explain to your family and friend....they will think you're crazy lol

That's why guru Nanak dev ji said in this game of love come to him with your head in your hands and do not think of public opinion lol...

Until then....

Jul 24, 2020
Anyway...

Good luck guys on your journey to self realisation...

I only joined the forum momentarily...forums are bad places where everyone likes to argue who is right and wrong lol...

Only a rare few really start to understand...and that is by taking the dive inwards into the abyss..thinking and discussing with the mind just leads nowhere...in fact it just drains ones energy..

Take care and may waheguru ring that Shabad loud within you so that you Dyann is pulled deep within...

And remember ... We know nothing until it becomes true in our lives...go into everythin completely open minded...do ardaas...I know nothing ... You (waheguru) know everything.

gjsingh

SPNer
Oct 29, 2013
I question the very idea that I need to go on a "journey" to something called "self realization", let alone whether I need some magical snake oil. What if its all Here, right Now?

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
Nothing I have experienced or continue to experience is induced by me...I am just putting myself in the hands of the creator...that's all..

Many of my experiences I cannot just initiate when I please...they just happen whenever they happen...they blow my mind...that's why I say just go into everything with an open mind....

These forums....all the ideas people have...everyone the expert...but honestly it was only when I realised no can help me but myself...did I really start to make progress...one has to make the effort to seek....the rest...is all in his hands...

True 🙏

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
I question the very idea that I need to go on a "journey" to something called "self realization", let alone whether I need some magical snake oil. What if its all Here, right Now?

It is. The silence is our origin.. there is no image or form, just energy, the balance. We are One, we are this nothingness. And this Oneness, the Truth/ God, is everyone everything everywhere. Everything we see and everything we don’t.

The Bhagti path is Endless.. Infinite like Him. If you apply Nirboah and Nirvair to your life, loving him in every form as everything, and fearing no one and nothing, for it’s all just Him.. then you’ve stepped onto the path of love. True love is the reality

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Meditation= Focus=Attention

First Last and Only Step to get meditative Mind is to conclude desire and resolve problems. And only USE of Meditative mind is to Imbibe Purity of Thoughrs. (JAP Step 1)

No daily posture, No breath exercise, No ritual will give meditative MIND.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: