• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Meditation or Dhyaan

Meditation ways and results

• Concious awareness of Breath

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Concious awareness of Thoughts

• Conciousness of Inner Awareness

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Simultaneous Physical and Mental awareness

• 24x7 conciousness

• None of above

• Total voters

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Focus is in Shabad Dhyan. MEDITATION

What is Meditation.

Way to get focused. OR Technique to get focused.

Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness, or focusing the mind on a particular object, thought, or activity – to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state.

Ways of Meditation

Old beliefs 1. DEVOTION TO CONCEPT
2. Repitiion of Word.
2. Breath Control in a particular posture.
3. Aware of Breath
4. CONTROL OF BREATH from Natural process to Tamed Process. Tamed Breathing.
5. That will lead to focus of Mind on Subject and one can have attention ie simultaneous mental and physical presence. Ie person having witt, responsive, active, sharp, alert.

New Ways or Learned Ways for interaction of learning

Practical Aspects for new ways

Results of practical ways of meditation

Last edited:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Hope there will be some interaction for learning,

We discuss of Informations, as our living life is about information ie awareness what we seek as TRUTH.

Events that are TRUTH and happening in life, but we are unconscious. Ie Breath, Sleep, Thoughts etc

And

Conscious thought ie finances, cars, houses, material brands etc

So we can make a list of both events.

So stage is awareness of unconcious ie getting conciousness of unconcious events.

And after getting aware, we tend to tame those events, through information available....

And merging states of concious and unconcious events, making a better balance.of.life....

Waheguru Ji Ka.Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Almost 190 viewers, Interaction is missing in thread also the votes are nil, no opinions on meditation. What this word realistically means.

When we practically analyse subject for realistic meanings and practice in real world, subjective words is altogether different and transformations do appear after conclusion of thoughts. Now there are 5 options or choices we make to realise on subject Meditation.
What is my way is what is vote, and what Gurusbani Say is a path to follow.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Best meditation learning is like jumping into a swimming pool for learning after gathering basic knowledge from Your Guru i.e., SGGS. Guidelines given through SGGS must be kept in mind since you have to truly follow your eternal Guru. A lot of knowledge is otherwise available in SGGS. east start to realise God in each and every one. Then enjoy being with everyone without malice. To concentrate on Him one has to break all thoughts from worldly affairs and maintaining truthful conduct which ensures a clean heart. WHEN YOU SIT IN V HOURS WITH A CLEAN HEART AND WATCH AND ENJOY HIS NATURE OUTWARDS FIRST AND THEN DRAW YOURSELF INWARDS CONCENTRATING ON BREATH YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF GETTING CLOSER TO HIM. IN A SLEEPY SENSATION YOU WILL BE IN A BLISS AND THAT IS WHAT THE TURNING POINT. TRY TO LIVE IN THIS MOMENT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. YOU WILL FEEL YOURSELF, RELAXED AND LIGHT; IN A BRIGHT ENVIRONMENT..........

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

There is beginning and end results that is fruit we get from efforts which is 24x7 conciousness is the best result of meditation. But meditation is to get awareness of concious subconscious and unconcious of inner and than the outer self.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
When you meditate you do not care for terminologies. Meditation is away from all this. There are no technologies involved or divisions of awareness. Just get into the wave and swim as it takes you. Leave it to take where ever it wants.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

As per old.philosphy one has to make repeat ritual actions ie breathing exercise, posture make up, repeated actions or repetition of words.

All this is to clear thoughts, to clear mind, so query comes.

Is clear mind end of journey. Reply was it is beginning of journey.

In new philosphy

Sochey Such Na hovey Jey Sochel lakh war.

Is beginning of Learning or Seeking. To.learn or seek one needs a meditative mind, a clean imaginative.plan to realize word.

Word realization or focus to obtain TRUTH

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ji Khalsa

gjsingh

SPNer
Oct 29, 2013
I think special mantras, breathing, and postures don't have any true benefit. If it were so, then why are yogis, gurus, fakirs, etc., all perverts, thieves, and goondas almost to a man? Wouldn't the purported benefits prevent this, at least some of the time? Unfortunately, many Sikhs and others have forgotten this, or never knew in the first place. Personally I was raised with belief in mantras and all the rest of it. I had to discard it. U.G. Krishnamurti's videos on youtube helped me a lot.

I agree with Dalvinder. Just jump in and let the wave carry you.

gjsingh

SPNer
Oct 29, 2013
The only mantra I need is Waheguru. As Gurbani states, it is not given by some pakhandi baba, it is given by Waheguru directly, as Waheguru wishes, as a matter of grace rather than my own effort.

That is my limited understanding of "Ko Nanak Guru mantar dridhaya" anyways. What do I know!

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Sardar GJ Singh Ji
Keep Him in your heart always through your tongue, through your breath, through your body. Intense love towards will gradually emerge in your mind. suniya manina man keeta bhao. Get attached to Him in such a way that you do not keep anything else in mind than God. Rom rom dhiayo. No formalities but intense love are the ultimate for the real dhyan.

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
Best meditation learning is like jumping into a swimming pool for learning after gathering basic knowledge from Your Guru i.e., SGGS. Guidelines given through SGGS must be kept in mind since you have to truly follow your eternal Guru. A lot of knowledge is otherwise available in SGGS. east start to realise God in each and every one. Then enjoy being with everyone without malice. To concentrate on Him one has to break all thoughts from worldly affairs and maintaining truthful conduct which ensures a clean heart. WHEN YOU SIT IN V HOURS WITH A CLEAN HEART AND WATCH AND ENJOY HIS NATURE OUTWARDS FIRST AND THEN DRAW YOURSELF INWARDS CONCENTRATING ON BREATH YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF GETTING CLOSER TO HIM. IN A SLEEPY SENSATION YOU WILL BE IN A BLISS AND THAT IS WHAT THE TURNING POINT. TRY TO LIVE IN THIS MOMENT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. YOU WILL FEEL YOURSELF, RELAXED AND LIGHT; IN A BRIGHT ENVIRONMENT..........

The sleeping sensation you speak of is Samadhi.

A bhagat is usually always in Samadhi in waking and sleeping life. In fact the human being is in continuous samadhi as this 3rd energy or 3rd world as Nanak called it, is an illusion, a dream world.

Watching and enjoying his nature outwards, living life whilst practicing the Truth Ie applying the gyan of gurbani and living free of the thieves, is Truthful living. It’s the best way to live and much can be learned and experienced.

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
The only mantra I need is Waheguru. As Gurbani states, it is not given by some pakhandi baba, it is given by Waheguru directly, as Waheguru wishes, as a matter of grace rather than my own effort.

That is my limited understanding of "Ko Nanak Guru mantar dridhaya" anyways. What do I know!

Naam is just Truth... ie the gyan of gurbani applied.

Jul 24, 2020
The sleeping sensation you speak of is Samadhi.

A bhagat is usually always in Samadhi in waking and sleeping life. In fact the human being is in continuous samadhi as this 3rd energy or 3rd world as Nanak called it, is an illusion, a dream world.

Watching and enjoying his nature outwards, living life whilst practicing the Truth Ie applying the gyan of gurbani and living free of the thieves, is Truthful living. It’s the best way to live and much can be learned and experienced.

This is true...
We all go into Samadhi....when we go to sleep...you know those crazy nights where you close your eyes, and the next minute you open and 8 hours have gone...no dreams or anything....and you wonder how the time has just wizzed passed...

that is also Samadhi...

I have found the purpose of doing Simran where you take your dyaan within is to go into these deeper states CONSCIOUSLY...diving into the abyss...

trust in our Guru (external) and trust in our Guru (internal) for me took some time to well up...fear of the unknown always holding me back...and of course the world around me and my 5 thieves always to this date still pulling at me... but i know this is the way to go...i'm always thinking about it constantly...and have full trust i will progress more and more..

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019
This is true...
We all go into Samadhi....when we go to sleep...you know those crazy nights where you close your eyes, and the next minute you open and 8 hours have gone...no dreams or anything....and you wonder how the time has just wizzed passed...

that is also Samadhi...

I have found the purpose of doing Simran where you take your dyaan within is to go into these deeper states CONSCIOUSLY...diving into the abyss...

trust in our Guru (external) and trust in our Guru (internal) for me took some time to well up...fear of the unknown always holding me back...and of course the world around me and my 5 thieves always to this date still pulling at me... but i know this is the way to go...i'm always thinking about it constantly...and have full trust i will progress more and more..

That’s True. In fact, we are already in a constant 24/7 samadhi, as this world is an Illusion...a dream.

Have faith and trust Him.

Keep going. Naam is Everything and Nothing. It’s Truth...

When do simran and go into deeper samadhi, you connect with the entire universe. You are silencing the mind and realizing who you Truly are... and begin to realise that you Are Truth..you are the universe. The ocean in the drop and the drop in the ocean. We’re a part of God.... One.

Apply gurbani Practically to your life, live free of the five thieves, face yourself and your shortcomings (Do an ardas admitting them hence acknowledging them), and work on yourself.

Maya tries to fool us into thinking that negative things will bring us joy... but ultimately they only bring us negativity and lead us to hell (negative hellish mindset).

So live free of the thieves.. we are already free, for we are Nothing, but the Truth, a high frequency of pure unconditional love, part of Him.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal

MEDITATION = Focus = One = Point Concentration.

It is FREE MIND available and ONE is always available in PRESENT, 24x7.

But there is old saying

Free Mind is Devils House.....

On other side we practice to get Free MIND.

Than what MEDITATION is for.
Why FREE UP MIND.

And once ONE achieves FREE MIND WHAT is next in lifes journey.

What one has to practice with FREE MIND, else negativity will infuse.

This is for introspection for PATH of LEARNING.

Seekers are doing collective reciting, daily reciting, prolong reciting. What is practical achievement and USE of achievement.

What we PRACTICE as MEDITATION.

Please share views for LEARNING

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Do interispect and question SELF to get FOCUS on practical aspects of MEDITATION.

Next will be Sikhi and Meditation.

i.e.Seekers way of Meditation
Learned Way of Meditation

It's simple practical approach towards MEDITATION.

1. Consumes very less of Lifes Breath
(Precious to human life form)

2. Consumes less of human earnings, and hence spendings on SELF development for life span can be spend for helping others and developing collective conciousness. ie Promotion of Learning.

3. Saved TIME and ENERGY with POSTIVE connect can be used effectively and efficiently for higher PURPOSE.

Waheguru Ji Ka.Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
SAT SRI AKAAL,

JAP Read Realise and Practice

HUKAM RAJAI CHALnA Nature Law ACCEPT and Practice

Free Mind to get a MEDITATIVE state in few steps.

Work of DESIRE and it resolves.problems as well.. Understand DESIRES

Two type of DESIRES erupts in beings.

ONE for survival and Second of formed MIND.

Understand and resolve. Survival desire one can not ignore, and formed MIND desire one shall work, more the formed MIND desire, more physical work.

So over desired beyond survival resolves.are problems.

So attain a MENTAL PHYSICAL balance and time frame.

Give TIME slot in 24 hours to

SLEEP, EAT, etc and other survival needs.
Physical work limiting hours to balance thoughts for desires.

Keep a slot for Meditation or FREE MIND.

Once we keep time, thoughts are coming unconsciously in MIND, those are priority to solve and resolve.

Physically resolve or shelf to make time balance for all important activities, for survival issues.

At 10th step of JAP Bani there is

SUNIYE LAGEY SEHAJ DHYAN.

One may recite, do ritual poses for years, one may not get MEDITATIVE mind and for life time.

Resolve.DESIRES and solve problems to FREE MIND.

One.may get at once, if the content is desire and problem is MINIMAL.

And then we can USE it for higher purpose. Of
SEVA (for others) and SIMRAN.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
SAT SRI AKAAL,

JAP Read Realise and Practice

HUKAM RAJAI CHALnA Nature Law ACCEPT and Practice

Free Mind to get a MEDITATIVE state in few steps.

Work of DESIRE and it resolves.problems as well.. Understand DESIRES

Two type of DESIRES erupts in beings.

ONE for survival and Second of formed MIND.

Understand and resolve. Survival desire one can not ignore, and formed MIND desire one shall work, more the formed MIND desire, more physical work.

So over desired beyond survival resolves.are problems.

So attain a MENTAL PHYSICAL balance and time frame.

Give TIME slot in 24 hours to

SLEEP, EAT, etc and other survival needs.
Physical work limiting hours to balance thoughts for desires.

Keep a slot for Meditation or FREE MIND.

Once we keep time, thoughts are coming unconsciously in MIND, those are priority to solve and resolve.

Physically resolve or shelf to make time balance for all important activities, for survival issues.

At 10th step of JAP Bani there is

SUNIYE LAGEY SEHAJ DHYAN.

One may recite, do ritual poses for years, one may not get MEDITATIVE mind and for life time.

Resolve.DESIRES and solve problems to FREE MIND.

One.may get at once, if the content is desire and problem is MINIMAL.

And then we can USE it for higher purpose. Of
SEVA (for others) and SIMRAN.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sat Sri Akaal,

When someone is have bundles of VIRTUAL wealth, ie position, finances and intellact. One has more desire to resolve, even with no time to understand or have conciousness of survival.

Without understanding of REAL wealth, one loses health as one is not concious about REAL wealth.

With abundance of virtual wealth, ONE do not require SERVICE as plenty is available for serving need of self, so MIND is kept busy, in ritual meditation, as service to GOD.

This is old way of developing and using meditation.

If we see SWAMIs or GOD MANs who do ritual meditation. They attach rich devotees to them, and make them do ritual meditation for years, but freem MIND is temporal or may not be available.
As survival desire can not be ignored and MIND made desires can not be resolved in a ritual workshop.

Further if someone has minimal desire hence problems may achieve in workshop also and may get convinced this is way to.MEDITATION. and promotes such practices.

Those who are doing ritualistic meditation, what TRUTH they have attached to there lives except repeating the existing TRUTH. So the use of Meditation is left to SELF centric evolution as opening a self centered DERA and making SELF as a PIVOT of Dera.

So what NEXT, after attaining Self glorification was the USE of spirituality practiced earlier and even now. Keeping SELF as a centre and spreading Spirituallity in self styled.manner.
Self glorification was the USE of spirituality practiced earlier and even now. Keeping SELF as a centre and spreading Spirituallity in self styled.manner.
SERVICE which makes a balance to Spritiual Minds EGO is a missing event.

So after attaining meditative or FREE MIND what's USE.

It is the USE which gives benefit of attainment of higher SPIRITUAL education, giving the collective spirituality common to all and blessed by NATURE.

1. This is the moment to Imbibe TRUTH, already available SPIRITUAL text understanding by contemplating.
2. To give spiritual education as contemplation of pure text forms, not in SELF styled translations.
3. Service to Humanity with ethics as ONE is introduced to REAL wealth and disillusions as ONE is aware of virtual wealth.
4. Practice ETHICs in SERVICE of LAW, AUDITS, POLICY MAKING and POLICY implementation ie POLICE, providing security to serving community, who humbly serve others without corrupt practices because of spiritual awareness, providing research for USE to humanity.

This is USE as a way to WEALTH, and Nation Building framework.

Those Nations are POOR who have lost SPIRiT to live as HUMANS.

Nar Marey Kachu Kam Na Avey
If human instinct is lost, ONE can not USE spiritual awareness.

Pashu Marey Lakh Kaj Savarey
But if Animal Instinct is lost, Spirit is USEFUL.

To Bring Transformation in SELF and Society by USE.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020
Sat Sri Akaal,

When someone is have bundles of VIRTUAL wealth, ie position, finances and intellact. One has more desire to resolve, even with no time to understand or have conciousness of survival.

Without understanding of REAL wealth, one loses health as one is not concious about REAL wealth.

With abundance of virtual wealth, ONE do not require SERVICE as plenty is available for serving need of self, so MIND is kept busy, in ritual meditation, as service to GOD.

This is old way of developing and using meditation.

If we see SWAMIs or GOD MANs who do ritual meditation. They attach rich devotees to them, and make them do ritual meditation for years, but freem MIND is temporal or may not be available.
As survival desire can not be ignored and MIND made desires can not be resolved in a ritual workshop.

Further if someone has minimal desire hence problems may achieve in workshop also and may get convinced this is way to.MEDITATION. and promotes such practices.

Those who are doing ritualistic meditation, what TRUTH they have attached to there lives except repeating the existing TRUTH. So the use of Meditation is left to SELF centric evolution as opening a self centered DERA and making SELF as a PIVOT of Dera.

So what NEXT, after attaining Self glorification was the USE of spirituality practiced earlier and even now. Keeping SELF as a centre and spreading Spirituallity in self styled.manner.
Self glorification was the USE of spirituality practiced earlier and even now. Keeping SELF as a centre and spreading Spirituallity in self styled.manner.
SERVICE which makes a balance to Spritiual Minds EGO is a missing event.

So after attaining meditative or FREE MIND what's USE.

It is the USE which gives benefit of attainment of higher SPIRITUAL education, giving the collective spirituality common to all and blessed by NATURE.

1. This is the moment to Imbibe TRUTH, already available SPIRITUAL text understanding by contemplating.
2. To give spiritual education as contemplation of pure text forms, not in SELF styled translations.
3. Service to Humanity with ethics as ONE is introduced to REAL wealth and disillusions as ONE is aware of virtual wealth.
4. Practice ETHICs in SERVICE of LAW, AUDITS, POLICY MAKING and POLICY implementation ie POLICE, providing security to serving community, who humbly serve others without corrupt practices because of spiritual awareness, providing research for USE to humanity.

This is USE as a way to WEALTH, and Nation Building framework.

Those Nations are POOR who have lost SPIRiT to live as HUMANS.

Nar Marey Kachu Kam Na Avey
If human instinct is lost, ONE can not USE spiritual awareness.

Pashu Marey Lakh Kaj Savarey
But if Animal Instinct is lost, Spirit is USEFUL.

To Bring Transformation in SELF and Society by USE.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sat Sri akaal ji

Having free mind is not a means to an end...it is just easier to go within when you can quieten the mind and /or learn to not travel along with all our thoughts...they are just a distraction...

I have had kundalini type experiences...so much power flowing within....feeling like I am blasted into space and my body is about to burst into a trillion pieces....amazing Shakti...one can only surrender to such power...and trust what is taking place...that guru is with you...

It feels like there is no final piece...no end game...that the more you seek the more there just seems to be...maybe that is the end game ..to recognise our divinity...what we really are...and that there is no beginning and no end...infinite...

It's amazing really....I'm so glad I am seeking this path...and enquiring about the truth of life...

Keep going and keep inspiration each other

Jul 24, 2020
Sat Sri Akaal,

Almost 190 viewers, Interaction is missing in thread also the votes are nil, no opinions on meditation. What this word realistically means.

When we practically analyse subject for realistic meanings and practice in real world, subjective words is altogether different and transformations do appear after conclusion of thoughts. Now there are 5 options or choices we make to realise on subject Meditation.
What is my way is what is vote, and what Gurusbani Say is a path to follow.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I am a member on other sikhi forums...many members of other forums were once members of this forum..many of them have stated they were blocked from this website and given no reason why they were blocked...

All of the blocked Sikhs were very into their meditation...very high avasta.

One day they could log in...and the next day their accounts are blocked.

Its a shame if it is true...these forums are supposed to be of free speech...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: