• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity Many Christians Believe In The Feminine Side Of God, What Does Sikhism Say About It?

panja

SPNer
Jun 9, 2004
Many Christians believe in the feminine side of God, what does Sikhism say about it?

A: Sikh Gurus (who have personally met God and have become one with Him) told specifically that God is formless, fearless, ageless, and genderless. One of our Sikh representative was discussing this topic with fellow Christians. During the discussion, a Christian lady who was about 65 years old was discussing her spiritual experiences. She said that when her mother was at deathbed, she saw some light coming out of her body and claimed that she saw her mother’s soul. The Sikh representative asked her, "Was the soul you saw a male or a female?" Silence ... for ten minutes, she was unable to answer that question. The Sikh representative said, "If you don't even know that a soul has a gender than how can you say that God has a feminine or a masculine side? Gender exists in human parameters and the world above us is free of gender, race, cast, color and form.

Too often people (including Sikhs) refer to God as a He, but this is not to say that God cannot be a she, for as it is stated, God is genderless. Sikhs use “He” as an expression of identifying and alluding to God in worldly terms. It does not mean that God is male.

http://www.realsikhism.com/faq/feminine.html

Eclectic

SPNer
Nov 11, 2004
Re: Many Christians believe in the feminine side of God, what does Sikhism say about

panja said:
Many Christians believe in the feminine side of God, what does Sikhism say about it?

Seeing as this this the Christian section, I assume we are supposed to talk about Christianity here. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think most Christians would blatantly deny the existence of the feminine side of God. However, there is mention of the name "Sophia". In the bible, I think Sophia is to represent wisdom. However, I am not sure if Sophia is the wise aspect of God, a metaphor for something else, or what.

Here is a scripture that mentions the cries of Sophia. Maybe someone else can help me understand:

Proverbs 1:20 Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:
21 She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words saying,
22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? And the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29 For they that hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:
30 They would none of my counsel: the despise all of my reproof.
31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools will destroy them.
33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: