• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Controversial Man Stands By Email: "Lose The Traditions, Or Stay In India"

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Hehe, at the self-service checkout machines at the super market, when it says 'Thank you for shopping at Storename' my husband always leans forwards to the machine and says 'Thank you' hehehe

Like my dad always says 'Thank you' to the machine that gives tickets when you go into a parking lot.

:grinningkudi:

Harryji... it's not you because you've got Indian background... or am I doing another 'falling down a well missing the point' trick again?

Last edited:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Hehe, at the self-service checkout machines at the super market, when it says 'Thank you for shopping at Storename' my husband always leans forwards to the machine and says 'Thank you' hehehe

Like my dad always says 'Thank you' to the machine that gives tickets when you go into a parking lot.

:grinningkudi:

Harryji... it's not you because you've got Indian background... or am I doing another 'falling down a well missing the point' trick again?

I am clearly the only person that remembers personal details when members post!

Which forum member has red hair, turban, is Irish, loves motorbikes, heavy metal?

Joginderji of course

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I knew it but didn't want to attribute the description to our 'man mountain' in case I was wrong!

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Add
I am clearly the only person that remembers personal details when members post!

Which forum member has red hair, turban, is Irish, loves motorbikes, heavy metal?

Joginderji of course

My primary memory banks are overflowing with potential Jeopardy questions, so I don't keep this sort of fact handy because I know one of you will remind me. cheerleader

I fear Joginder ji is too young for me, in any case. motherlylove

PS. I expect a "Like" from Joginder ji for that.

Last edited:

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Seems he forgot that when the pilgrims landed in North America, we refused to become like the indigenous ppl of that time...Native Americans kept the country beautiful for God-only-knows how long, then white men come and make a mess of the land within a couple centuries. (Please note I'm white with European ancestors so I'm not bashing a race. Hope it doesn't appear that way).

I don't mean this in a prejudiced way. I mean it as a serious criticism of what is ailing our America (I speak mostly from my perspective as a citizen in the US).

There has always been someone for Americans to bully. African Americans were treated horribly long after slavery ended. There is always a group being singled out. For a while it was people who looked like they came from Japan, then Polish and Russian people, then people from Puerto Rico and now anyone with brown skin. Muslims and Sikhs aren't the first religious groups discriminated against either. We can go way back to the Salem Witch Trials and wiccans & pagans spent centuries being called "satan worshippers". Only in the last decade are pagan soldiers allowed pentacles on their graves at Arlington.

Sadly, we live in a part of the world which is desperately deprived of nourishment for the heart. And its only gotten worse in the last decade with an exhausted economy.

We spent decades getting more-more-more. Families have gotten smaller, but houses have gotten bigger. Cars have to be status symbols & clothes, too. We create so much trash that I can't but wonder what archeologists (sp?) will label us in a couple hundred years (if we have annihilated the human race and killed off all other forms of life.

So when some dude goes off on how hard it is for him to look at people who put God before keeping up with the Joneses, we just have to recognize him for what he is...a shallow and sad being who is probably miserable deep down inside. He is probably jealous, but not aware of it.

To be so superficial must be very difficult. I used to get angry. Now I get sad more. We are not handling it well that the generations before us lost sight of what really matters. Dave has forgotten that his own ancestors were once new to this country. And chances are they came here for a better life than they had back home.

And chances are they kept many of the traditions of the culture they left behind.

BUT its one thing to get frustrated with the latest group of emigrants and another to show complete disregard for the basic human rights of others that guys like Dave take so much for granted.

Hope this doesn't get me kicked off of SPN. I really like it here. If I've stepped over the line, let me know. If I broke rules, please delete this post and explain which mistakes I should avoid making in the future.

Love to All.
:mundabhangra:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
That kind of a post can cause problems here!!

-...Only joking:redturban:
Nice post and absolutely correct from every angle.
That's what all of us here, are all about...-THE TRUTH..

It's strange, because all the kids are taught this in school, however their real american history doesn't seem to leave this imprint in their brains permanently. You usually find that they are more knowledgeable in civil wars,slavery, presidents, states, territories and wars...etc....etc..and forget everything about how the natives were killed off and silenced!

Last edited:

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
I think this Man is the epitome of what's wrong w/ Western Culture, & the few individuals in it. Who hates on People for walking down the Street, Oh wait, "Waddling" down the street. I think the thing that bothers me Most about this is, that most of the time, the Streets are used by Elderly People... They, being of Age, tend to Waddle. And If I EVER hear Anything about Abusive language like that, to an old Person, or looking down on them, b/c you're Driving a car that somehow gives you speed or w/e Effed way of hoisting Urself up above others, It is FALSE.

Foran, Step out of your CAR, & waddle w/ the Others, for they are your Fellow human beings. And if the thought of Elderly people walking down the Street makes you Sick, it must mean you're Sick in the Head.

Btw, where are all the White Elderly Folk (Generalization, not being Racist)? Oh wait, they're all in Nursing homes. At Least Indian, People of Age still live w/ their Families, where they get to enjoy their Grandchildren etc, & being out in the Open Air, or meeting w/ Others as part of a Healthy Lifestyle! SCREW YOU FORAN, & All who Think like him!

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
WJKKWJKF

An interesting incident involving me in relation to this thread comes to mind, At work someone was organising an every body club together collection to buy a load of tickets for a lottery rollover only he wasnt gonna be around for some of the week and some people wanted to know who to pay so the guy pointed at me and said "give the money to him and I will get it off him when i come back...You can trust him hes a SIKH I felt rather warm inside in that people identfy us Sikhs ast people you can trust

:redturban:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
WJKKWJKF

An interesting incident involving me in relation to this thread comes to mind, At work someone was organising an every body club together collection to buy a load of tickets for a lottery rollover only he wasnt gonna be around for some of the week and some people wanted to know who to pay so the guy pointed at me and said "give the money to him and I will get it off him when i come back...You can trust him hes a SIKH I felt rather warm inside in that people identfy us Sikhs ast people you can trust

That's real good.

Sadly, I have the opposite crisis when I'm trying to sell a ''used car''.
They just don't trust an indian or a sikh that is trying to sell a used vehicle, so I have to really drop the price and then they think something is hidden and wrong with it because it is too cheap.

In all honesty, buying used cars from punjabis has NOT been a good experience for me likewise.
I have had better luck with Italian sellers.

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
Add

My primary memory banks are overflowing with potential Jeopardy questions, so I don't keep this sort of fact handy because I know one of you will remind me. cheerleader

I fear Joginder ji is too young for me, in any case. motherlylove

PS. I expect a "Like" from Joginder ji for that.

Actually i'm 55 {the same numbers as the class designation of the best first generation diesel locomotive BR had lets see if anyone can work that out what i am refering to} years old GURUJI sent me into this life back in 1957 but i will give you the "Like" anyway

PS In the words of PINK FLOYD from their uberclassic masterwork album "Dark Side Of The Moon" "Good Manners Dont Cost Nothing"

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Actually i'm 55 {the same numbers as the class designation of the best first generation diesel locomotive BR had lets see if anyone can work that out what i am refering to} years old GURUJI sent me into this life back in 1957 but i will give you the "Like" anyway

PS In the words of PINK FLOYD from their uberclassic masterwork album "Dark Side Of The Moon" "Good Manners Dont Cost Nothing"

I think it's the British rail class 55 locomotive that was doing the London to Edingburgh line long before the intercity 125 !!

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
I think it's the British rail class 55 locomotive that was doing the London to Edingburgh line long before the intercity 125 !!

LuckysinghJi Correct I'm Impressed Class 55 also know as "DELTICS" as they are powered by a pair of "NAPIER" deltic engines a high speed high horse power lightweight powerplant originally developed for Royal Navy MTB's and MGB's though BR derated the deltic engine down from the naval rating in deference to the harsh railway operating enviroment to get higher hours/milage between overhauls known as deltics from the greek letter "delta" as the deltic engine used three crankshafts and six pistons two pistons per cylinder and the cylinders are in a triangular layout shaped as the greek letter "D/delta"

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM