• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

United Sikhs Make Your Voices Heard! (Vote In The 2010 Global Sikh Civil Rights Survey)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Make your voices heard, your opinion counts! Complete the 2010 Global Sikh Civil Rights Survey!
November 11, 2010, 9:10 am by rucha

Every year since 2008, UNITED SIKHS compiles a report where a community across borders voices their opinions on the current practices, future policies and the overall state of human and civil rights of Sikhs in their respective countries. The report combines insights from human rights reports with original survey data collected from Sikhs worldwide, and is put together by a team of lawyers, activists, academics and civil rights experts.

Over the past 2 years, the report has provided a one of a kind insight into the concerns and challenges of the global Sikh community to UN agencies, government bodies, Sikh and non-Sikh civil rights organizations, litigators, non-profit organizations and many more.

Now is your chance to participate and make your voice heard! Click on the link below and complete the 2010 Global Sikh Civil Rights Survey.

Vote at this link

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/397854/2010-Global-Sikh-Civil-Rights-Report

The 2008 Global Civil Rights Report had provided a first-of-its-kind insight into the needs and challenges of the global Sikh community. In addition to country essays, the 2009 report incorporates data from the Global Sikh Civil Rights Survey administered in 17 countries with over 300 respondents. Sikhs around the world weighed in on issues of hate crimes, xenophobia, current policies and practices toward minority communities, and the particular challenges of the Sikh community.

Forward the link to friends and family who may be interested in participating. The more people complete the questionnaire, the stronger we can advocate for our rights in the global community.

For a copy of the 2009 report, click here.

Attachments

• vote.jpeg
    vote.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Reads: 238

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I have just completed the survey. There are some kinks with it that I would like to share so you are more at ease at giving information.

The survey is not anonymous and does ask for personal identifying information such as your address or the name of the gurdwara you attend. In fact it starts off asking for things like your address and phone number.

This should not be a problem.

You do not have to complete the personal information. When you press the submit button the page will submit even with blank information.

There are questions where you are asked to give details of problems. It looks like you have only a little box to type in your answer. Actually the space provided is enough to provide a complete answer because the area is actually expandable. For example, I was able to give a complete answer about my experiences at various airports in the US, and also I could describe the problem completely.

Some questions may not apply to your personal experience, or you may not have an answer. You have places where you can select NA for Not Applicable.

So bottom line is you can write a lot. You can also make this an anonymous process if you choose to. Simply do not answer the questions that make you feel uncomfortable. The survey will still SUBMIT without any difficulties.

spnadmin

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
I received a press release about the survey from United Sikhs yesterday so I urge you all to give your input. The more information they have, the better they can implement strategies to help going forward.
Jasleen

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM