• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Major Maoist Attack On CRPF Convoy In Chhattisgarh: 27 Jawans Killed

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Chhattisgarh: Naxals attack CRPF convoy, 27 killed: Rediff.com India News

In a major Naxal attack, 27 Central Reserve Police Force personnel were on Tuesday shot dead and seven injured in an ambush in a remote area of Chhattisgarh's Narayanpur district.

Heavily-armed Maoists opened fire with automatic weapons from a hilltop when a 63-member security contingent was returning from road opening duty on foot, Union Home Secretary G K Pillai said in New Delhi [ Images ].

The attack, which also left seven personnel including four special police officers of the Chhattisgarh Police injured, took place at Daurai Road area at around 3 pm.

It comes nearly three months after the worst April six Dantewada massacre by the Maoist which left 75 personnnel of the force and one Chhattisgarh policeman dead.

Pillai said security and medical reinforcements have been sent to the spot and all the bodies have been recovered.

The injured have been taken to a hospital by a helicopter, he said. Acccording to preliminary information, the condition of one of the SPOs is stated to be serious, officials said.

The troops were from the 39th battalion of the force and were a part of its 'E' and 'F' companies, CRPF Chief Vikram Srivastava said.

On May 8, eight men of the paramilitary force were killed when Naxals blew up a mine-proof vehicle also in Narayanpur district.

polpol

SPNer
Jun 14, 2010
This Maoist problem is most disturbing. Who are these Maoists? I heard they are middle-class but are they Indian? It wouldn't be as bad if they presented themselves as Communists but as Maoists they show clearly an affiliation with China and that's bad news. I pray this won't eventually justify an intervention in India by China. I get the impression that the old scenario, democratic USA vs communist Russia is being gradually reproduced in the East with democratic India vs communist China. I hope it's not the case of history repeating instead of evolving. Will we humans ever decide once and for all to give peace a chance?:confusedkudi:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
This Maoist problem is most disturbing. Who are these Maoists? I heard they are middle-class but are they Indian? It wouldn't be as bad if they presented themselves as Communists but as Maoists they show clearly an affiliation with China and that's bad news. I pray this won't eventually justify an intervention in India by China. I get the impression that the old scenario, democratic USA vs communist Russia is being gradually reproduced in the East with democratic India vs communist China. I hope it's not the case of history repeating instead of evolving. Will we humans ever decide once and for all to give peace a chance?:confusedkudi:

maoists are brutally exploited tribals and other lower caste of India.They were very poor.Indian govt and even state Govt never gave them their legitimate share of wealth coming from their area's.On the other hand communist intellectuals found them suitable for implementing their ideology.

polpol

SPNer
Jun 14, 2010
I heard about that about a year ago. A Catholic priest called on Gandhians to go and meet the Maoists and try to bring some peace but I don't think they dared to go. The priest said he himself did not want to go because as a stranger, he did not want to interfere, what a poor excuse! It's too bad especially now that tribals in other countries have succeeded in getting some recognition and legal power. Violence doesn't help, that's for sure. Petitions from people not directly involved could help. This is an issue for some UN commitee to look into and pressure the gov't. but I know nothing of these matters. I would surely sign a petition, that's the least we can do.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM