• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Love : The Most Valuable Word In Dictionary

Jun 1, 2004
Once I was on a journey and someone asked me which word in a man's vocabulary was the most valuable. My reply was, "Love". The man was surprised. He said he had expected me to answer "soul" or "God". I laughed and said, "Love is God."

Raising on the ray of love one can enter the enlightened kingdom of God. It is better to say that love is God than to say that truth is God, because the harmony, the beauty, the vitality and the bliss that are part of love are not part of truth. Truth is to be known; love is to be felt as well as known. The growth and perfection of love lead to the ultimate merger with God.

The greatest poverty of all is the absence of love. The man who has not developed the capacity to love lives in a private hell of his own. A man who is filled with love is in heaven. You can look at man as a wonderful and unique plant, a plant that is capable of producing both nectar and poison. If a man lives by hate he reaps a harvest of poison; if he lives by love he gathers blossoms laden with nectar.

If I mold my life and live it with the well-being of all men in mind, that is love. Love results from the awareness that you are not separate, not different from anything else in existence. I am in you; you are in
me. This love is religious.

The doors of love only open for the person who is prepared to let his ego go. To surrender one's ego for someone else is love; to surrender one's ego for all is divine love.

Love is not sexual passion. Those who mistake sex for love remain empty of love. Sex is only a passing manifestation of love. It is part of nature's mechanism, a method of procreation. Love exists on a higher
plane, and as love grows, sex dissipates. The energy that has been manifested in sex is transformed into love.

Love is the creative refinement of sex energy. And so, when love reaches perfection, the absence of sex automatically follows. A life of love, an abstinence from physical pleasures is called brahmacharya, and
anyone who wishes to be free from sex must develop his capacity to love. Freedom from sex cannot be achieved through supression. Liberation from sex is only possible through love.

I have said that love is God. This is the ultimate truth. But let me say as well that love also exists within the family unit. This is the first step on the journey to love, and the ultimate can never happen if the beginning has been absent. Love is responsible for the existence of the family and when the family unit moves apart and its members spread out into society, love increases and grows. When a man's family has finally grown to incorporate all of mankind, his love becomes one with God.

Without love man is an individual, an ego. He has no family; he has no link with other people. This is gradual death. Life, on the other hand, is interrelation. Love surpasses the duality of the ego. This alone is truth. The man who thirsts for truth must first develop his capacity to love—to the point where the difference between the lover and the beloved disappears and only love remains.

When the light of love is freed from the duality of lover and the beloved,
when it is freed from the haze of seer and seen, when only the light of pure love shines brightly, that is freedom and liberation. I urge all men to strive for that supreme freedom.

Amarpal

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 11, 2004
India
Dear Khalsa Jee (sikhphilosophy),

I agree with all you have said in this posting. I want to add to it what I call pure love.

Pure love is one which the individual naturally showers on others without even a thought of any thing to come in return. Pure love knows giving only.

With Love and Respect for all.

Amarpal

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
God, The Love

SikhPhilosophy ji,

Well said!!

Love means sans impurties.The ultimate, where bliss is not just a transitory snap, but a way of life. Love is like the fragrance of a flower which emits itself in all directions with no discrimination against any hue,creed or faith.

Gurmat love is not just a single flower but a garden whose flowers are drenched with Gurmat aroma, always ready to embrace any GOD LOVER -GURMUKH -with its eternal scent. However one can only enter this Garden of Love by treading on the path of TRUTH-SATNAAM. SATNAAM is the sole GATEWAY to this SACHKHAND called LOVE called IK ONG KAAR.

Peace and Love

Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
What more manifestation of Love could be if not the FOUR DOOR entrance to Harmandar Sahib!!

Love selfmanifests itself where hatred is learned.

Peace and Love

Tejwant

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Unconditional love... nishkaam bhav.

Love is God. Love is Poison. So God is Poison! I dont think so, so I have to take off the second statement of love being poison then.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM