• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Living The Shabad Guru : My Thoughts And Feelings

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Dear Tejwant Ji thanks for the reply. There is nothing necessary in your posts for me to answer, which i didn't.

In my posts to you, all i did: I suggested you something as a fellow sikh. You can very well choose to ignore that. There is nothing to debate about here. I dont need to answer every question of yours. I am understanding you well enough. You are not writing anything else but plain English. Every word written by you is 100% understandable. With Guru Ji's grace I am fluent enough in this language to understand what is written by anybody. Don't need anybody's help. You are choosing to ignore my suggestions. That's well and good. I have no problem there. Peace prevails as usual. I did my duty as a fellow sikh. May all that written material help someone else, as i humbly believe that we have covered a very crucial point here. God's Will, who knows who is going to take the benefit. Birthi kade na hovai jan ki ardaas.

Waheguru Rakha Tejwant Ji. Good Luck in your journey.:up:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
The journey continues:

August 10th,2009

Today's journey of 5.3miles:

Eh swarnonh mereiyoh sachei sunhnei noh pathaei.

"Hey person, IK ONG KAAR gave you the hearing through your ears to listen to the praises of THE ONLY SOURCE of all. In other words, be a good listener and only grasp what can breed goodness in you."

August 11th, 2009.

Today's journey of 5.3miles

sachei sunhnei noh pathaei, sareer laayeh,sunoh SAT BAANI.
Jit suni, munn tunn hareiyah hohah, rasna rus samanee.

Hey person, You have been given this hearing by IK ONG KAAR to listen to his praises through TRUE BAANI.

When we hear this wonderful BAANI, we will realise that once what was arid, desert-like barren within has come to life all of a sudden and consequently even the spiritual taste buds on our tongues get awakened and make us utter beautiful things.

August 12th 2009.

Today's journey of 5.3 miles:

Sach alakh vidahni, tah kee gutth kahin nah jaie.
Kaahei Nanak AMRIT NAAM sunhoh,paveeter hovoh, saachei sunhnei noh pathaaei.

It is hard to meet the Creator of the Universe and beyond, our Divine Master. IK ONG KAAR's form is immeasurable, inaccessible and unfathomable. IK ONG KAAR is all-pervading everywhere.

IK ONG KAAR is above all formless and indescribable, so sublime as to be totally beyond human powers of recognition, description, or conception.

Says, Nanak, use your hearing to listen to what can breed goodness in you which can only happen by listening to AMRIT NAAM- GURBANI, which is the best detergent to cleanse yourself from the muck that you have accumulated within. IK ONG KAAR gave you the hearing just for this reason.

Tejwant Singh

Oct 11, 2006
Patiala,Punjab.
Re: Living The ShabadGuru: My Thoughts And Feelings

Sat Sri Akal. I absolutely agree with Gyani Jarnail Singh.Most Sikhs are so ignorant,they recite GURBANI as a mantar, without understanding its meannig or the philosophy behind it.They believe if repeated again and again shabad will bring them riches and fortune.
This is what Guru Ji actually taught us how to use GURBANI (the Tools) in the Tool Box (SGGS)..Tejwant Jis expressions borrowed by me with appreciation and thanks...to CHANGE our Daily Lives.
Gurbani is for LIVING...as declared in the Closing Shabad of SGGS...Thaal wich teen vastoo paiyoh..Sat Santokh Vicharo..Amarit naam thakur ka paiyoh, Jis ka Sabhs adharo...Je Ko KHAVEH, Je ko BHUNCHEH tis ka hoi Udharo...GURBANI..has to be "EATEN"...Tasted.. CHEWED...DIGESTED....in order for US to have the Benefits of its "juices"...vitamins..within it...to GROW our "bodies..mann's Health...
SAdly the growing "Pujaree class/neo brahmins and clergy" in Sikhism has enforced the growing tendency among Sikhs to merely BOW, pay obeisance, matha tek money, gifts, make karrah parshad, langgars, etc and place the SGGS in perpetual Rumallas..ONLY to be "read" by PAID Granthis/Ragis/Parcharaks/Jathedars etc and NOT by SIKHS. The Pujarees grabbed thsi RIGHT of SIKHS..and the latter is guilty of RELINQUISHING its Rights through voluntary abdication of responsibilitues fors elf impriovement through Gurbani..and instead choosing the short cut path promised by the DERA BABAS..Dehdharee Guurs, and granthis, jathedars, ragis to.."leave the SGGS paaths/Gurbani to us to read, do paath, sing as Gurbani"...while YOU SIKHS just arrange the PAYMENT. Thus the ENTIRE SIKH NATION is in DEEP STUPOR...we are in trouble..and we are all keeping the TOOL BOX and its TOOLS safely LOCKED UP..and have given the "keys" to the Pujarees/clergy..Guru Arjun ji Called this the PIO DADDEH DA KHAZANAH..which we are supposed to USE for OUR BENEFIT..instead we gave it to the PUJAREES for "safekeeping"...

Its my sincerest hope that this THREAD will help open a lot of closed doors..and allow us all to have a look at the WONDERS Guru Ji left for us...the Pio daddeh da Khazanah...as Ali Baba entered the cave of Treasures and was awed by the rubies and gold ornaments piled up..we SIKHS will see what we have been missing...for so long...:happy::happy:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Jasbir Kaleka Ji,
Gurfateh.

You are one of the very few Sikhs who actually believe in the SGGS and its Divine Message.
Sadly most Sikhs today are just and mere ritualistic believers.
The SGGS is a Master Plan brought to us by the Guru Sahibaans that we are to USE and IMPLEMENT in our Daily lives. Only if we USE the GURBANI can we change our lives.
Merely bowing, matha teking money for the goluck, standing up in ardass, taking karah parshaad and eating Guru ka Langgar..or washing soem langgar bhandehs, or sweeping the Gurdwara floors, or shining some sangat shoes..is NOT GOING TO CHANGE OUR LIVES for the Better.. towards becoming the GURMUKH we aspire to be.
More and more sikhs are donating money for marble Gurdawars, golden palkis, menu driven langgars, lavish kirtan darbaars, huge nagar kirtans, B{censored}es of babas, etc etc...and almost NIL..for Khalsa Schools, Gurbani Classes, Gurbani paath classes, Gurbani VICHAAR classes, trying to UNDERSTAND gurbani and LIVE ACCORDINGLY.
More and more Siksh are going on teerath pilgrimages, having baths at sarovars, baolis, paying for akhand paaths, sehaj paaths etc..and hope all this will save them...when ALL THESE have been roundly condemned by Gurbani as WORTHLESS TASKS.
Those people who EARN from such rituals and paaths..are in charge..so they keep on defending their roti kapprra aur makaan..livelihood..and ordinary Sikhs keep on SINKING !!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Something bad happened to me a few hours ago. Inches one way or the other and my neck would be broken. Now calmed down, I have taken today's hukamnama for support. Here it is, so that you also can lean on the truth of the Satguru.

ਸੂਹੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੩ ॥
soohee mehalaa 3 ||
Soohee, Third Mehl:

ਕਾਇਆ ਕਾਮਣਿ ਅਤਿ ਸੁਆਲ੍ਹ੍ਹਿਉ ਪਿਰੁ ਵਸੈ ਜਿਸੁ ਨਾਲੇ ॥
kaaeiaa kaaman ath suaaliho pir vasai jis naalae ||
The body-bride is very beautiful; she dwells with her Husband Lord.

ਪਿਰ ਸਚੇ ਤੇ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਹਾਗਣਿ ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਸਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਲੇ ॥
pir sachae thae sadhaa suhaagan gur kaa sabadh samhaalae ||
She becomes the happy soul-bride of her True Husband Lord, contemplating the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਸਦਾ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤਾ ਹਉਮੈ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਜਾਲੇ ॥੧॥
har kee bhagath sadhaa rang raathaa houmai vichahu jaalae ||1||
The Lord's devotee is forever attuned to the Lord's Love; her ego is burnt away from within. ||1||

ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥
vaahu vaahu poorae gur kee baanee ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed, blessed is the Word of the Perfect Guru's Bani.

ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਉਪਜੀ ਸਾਚਿ ਸਮਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
poorae gur thae oupajee saach samaanee ||1|| rehaao ||
It wells up and springs forth from the Perfect Guru, and merges into Truth. ||1||Pause||

ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਭੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਵਸੈ ਖੰਡ ਮੰਡਲ ਪਾਤਾਲਾ ॥
kaaeiaa andhar sabh kishh vasai khandd manddal paathaalaa ||
Everything is within the Lord - the continents, worlds and nether regions.

ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਜਗਜੀਵਨ ਦਾਤਾ ਵਸੈ ਸਭਨਾ ਕਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲਾ ॥
kaaeiaa andhar jagajeevan dhaathaa vasai sabhanaa karae prathipaalaa ||
The Life of the World, the Great Giver, dwells within the body; He is the Cherisher of all.

ਕਾਇਆ ਕਾਮਣਿ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਹੇਲੀ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਲਾ ॥੨॥
kaaeiaa kaaman sadhaa suhaelee guramukh naam samhaalaa ||2||
The body-bride is eternally beautiful; the Gurmukh contemplates the Naam. ||2||

ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਵਸੈ ਅਲਖੁ ਨ ਲਖਿਆ ਜਾਈ ॥
kaaeiaa andhar aapae vasai alakh n lakhiaa jaaee ||
The Lord Himself dwells within the body; He is invisible and cannot be seen.

ਮਨਮੁਖੁ ਮੁਗਧੁ ਬੂਝੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਭਾਲਣਿ ਜਾਈ ॥
manamukh mugadhh boojhai naahee baahar bhaalan jaaee ||
The foolish self-willed manmukh does not understand; he goes out searching for the Lord externally.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵੇ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਏ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਅਲਖੁ ਦਿਤਾ ਲਖਾਈ ॥੩॥
sathigur saevae sadhaa sukh paaeae sathigur alakh dhithaa lakhaaee ||3||
One who serves the True Guru is always at peace; the True Guru has shown me the Invisible Lord. ||3||

ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਰਤਨ ਪਦਾਰਥ ਭਗਤਿ ਭਰੇ ਭੰਡਾਰਾ ॥
kaaeiaa andhar rathan padhaarathh bhagath bharae bhanddaaraa ||
Within the body there are jewels and precious treasures, the over-flowing treasure of devotion.

ਇਸੁ ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਨਉ ਖੰਡ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੀ ਹਾਟ ਪਟਣ ਬਾਜਾਰਾ ॥
eis kaaeiaa andhar noukhandd prithhamee haatt pattan baajaaraa ||
Within this body are the nine continents of the earth, its markets, cities and streets.

ਇਸੁ ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਵੀਚਾਰਾ ॥੪॥
eis kaaeiaa andhar naam no nidhh paaeeai gur kai sabadh veechaaraa ||4||
Within this body are the nine treasures of the Naam; contemplating the Word of the Guru's Shabad, it is obtained. ||4||

ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਤੋਲਿ ਤੁਲਾਵੈ ਆਪੇ ਤੋਲਣਹਾਰਾ ॥
kaaeiaa andhar thol thulaavai aapae tholanehaaraa ||
Within the body, the Lord estimates the weight; He Himself is the weigher.

ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਰਤਨੁ ਜਵਾਹਰ ਮਾਣਕੁ ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਮੋਲੁ ਅਫਾਰਾ ॥
eihu man rathan javaahar maanak this kaa mol afaaraa ||
This mind is the jewel, the gem, the diamond; it is absolutely priceless.

ਮੋਲਿ ਕਿਤ ਹੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਨਾਹੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਗੁਰ ਬੀਚਾਰਾ ॥੫॥
mol kith hee naam paaeeai naahee naam paaeeai gur beechaaraa ||5||
The Naam, the Name of the Lord, cannot be purchased at any price; the Naam is obtained by contemplating the Guru. ||5||

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਹੋਵੈ ਸੁ ਕਾਇਆ ਖੋਜੈ ਹੋਰ ਸਭ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੁਲਾਈ ॥
guramukh hovai s kaaeiaa khojai hor sabh bharam bhulaaee ||
One who becomes Gurmukh searches this body; all others just wander around in confusion.

ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਦੇਇ ਸੋਈ ਜਨੁ ਪਾਵੈ ਹੋਰ ਕਿਆ ਕੋ ਕਰੇ ਚਤੁਰਾਈ ॥
jis no dhaee soee jan paavai hor kiaa ko karae chathuraaee ||
That humble being alone obtains it, unto whom the Lord bestows it. What other clever tricks can anyone try?

ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਭਉ ਭਾਉ ਵਸੈ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਪਾਈ ॥੬॥
kaaeiaa andhar bho bhaao vasai gur parasaadhee paaee ||6||
Within the body, the Fear of God and Love for Him abides; by Guru's Grace, they are obtained. ||6||

ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਬਿਸਨੁ ਮਹੇਸਾ ਸਭ ਓਪਤਿ ਜਿਤੁ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ ॥
kaaeiaa andhar brehamaa bisan mehaesaa sabh oupath jith sansaaraa ||
Within the body, are Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, from whom the whole world emanated.

ਸਚੈ ਆਪਣਾ ਖੇਲੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ਆਵਾ ਗਉਣੁ ਪਾਸਾਰਾ ॥
sachai aapanaa khael rachaaeiaa aavaa goun paasaaraa ||
The True Lord has staged and contrived His own play; the expanse of the Universe comes and goes.

ਪੂਰੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਆਪਿ ਦਿਖਾਇਆ ਸਚਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਾ ॥੭॥
poorai sathigur aap dhikhaaeiaa sach naam nisathaaraa ||7||
The Perfect True Guru Himself has made it clear, that emancipation comes through the True Name. ||7||

ਸਾ ਕਾਇਆ ਜੋ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਸੇਵੈ ਸਚੈ ਆਪਿ ਸਵਾਰੀ ॥
saa kaaeiaa jo sathigur saevai sachai aap savaaree ||
That body, which serves the True Guru, is embellished by the True Lord Himself.

ਵਿਣੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਦਰਿ ਢੋਈ ਨਾਹੀ ਤਾ ਜਮੁ ਕਰੇ ਖੁਆਰੀ ॥
vin naavai dhar dtoee naahee thaa jam karae khuaaree ||
Without the Name, the mortal finds no place of rest in the Court of the Lord; he shall be tortured by the Messenger of Death.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਚੁ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਪਾਏ ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਹਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਧਾਰੀ ॥੮॥੨॥
naanak sach vaddiaaee paaeae jis no har kirapaa dhhaaree ||8||2||
O Nanak, true glory is bestowed, when the Lord showers His Mercy. ||8||2||

This shabad is unmistakably that of 'Guru Amar Das in the house of Guru Nanak, and is on Ang 754

Bahadar S

SPNer
Nov 15, 2009
United States
Gurfateh ji.
Shabad Guru is such a great experience some shabads calm you down makes you have a brighter outlook.Other Shabads gets your heart pumping some adrenaline. One of my favorite "Mere Man Ram Naam Chit Laye" truley a great experience.:)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks bahadur ji

The purpose of this thread was and is to share how the shabad guru acts in our daily lives and is not limited to mediation or once a week hukamnama in the gurdwara. It has always been a help to me.

Thank you for sharing your experience too.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

Sat Sri Akal. I absolutely agree with Gyani Jarnail Singh.Most Sikhs are so ignorant,they recite GURBANI as a mantar, without understanding its meannig or the philosophy behind it.They believe if repeated again and again shabad will bring them riches and fortune.
Jasbir Kaleka ji,
A little to the side: Doesn't gurbani tell us to repeat Naam over and over again? Doesn't it say that doing so will in fact, bring fortune and riches? I am not so sure that the issue is so black and white, there are levels of ignorance.

Many Sikhs I have met equate Naam to Gurbani itself. In the process, Gurbani becomes a mantra that's to be chanted over and over. Here's the transition:
Gurbani contains praises of the Lord > Gurbani says to chant praises of the Lord > Chant (the relevant passages in) Gurbani
I am not sure how Naam and Praises of the Lord are related though.

... Its all in good faith and isn't that what it all boils down to when one speaks of religion, faith?

relevant quotes from srigranth.org:
http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=23&english=t&id=950#l950
Page 23, Line 5
ਹਰਿ ਜਪਿ ਲਾਹਾ ਅਗਲਾ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਹਰਿ ਮਨ ਮਾਹ ॥੪॥੨੩॥
हरि जपि लाहा अगला निरभउ हरि मन माह ॥४॥२३॥
Har jap lāhā aglā nirbẖa▫o har man māh. ||4||23||
Those who chant the Name of the Lord earn great profits; the Fearless Lord abides within their minds. ||4||23||
Guru Nanak Dev - view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok
Page 89, Line 6

ਸੋ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਿਆ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਤਿਨ ਨਿੰਦਕ ਦੁਸਟ ਸਭਿ ਪੈਰੀ ਪਾਏ ॥
सो गुरमुखि नामु जपिआ वडभागी तिन निंदक दुसट सभि पैरी पाए ॥
So gurmukẖ nām japi▫ā vadbẖāgī ṯin ninḏak ḏusat sabẖ pairī pā▫e.
Very fortunate and blessed is that Gurmukh who chants the Naam; it shall bring all slanderers and wicked enemies to fall at his feet.
Guru Ram Das - view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok

Page 18, Line 11
ਧਾਤੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਫੁਨਿ ਧਾਤੁ ਕਉ ਸਿਫਤੀ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥
धातु मिलै फुनि धातु कउ सिफती सिफति समाइ ॥
Ḏẖāṯ milai fun ḏẖāṯ ka▫o sifṯī sifaṯ samā▫e.
As metal merges with metal, those who chant the Praises of the Lord are absorbed into the Praiseworthy Lord.
Guru Nanak Dev - view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok

On the surface, it does appear like doesn't it?
I am sure you guys have a different, perhaps deeper, interpretation.

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait

One such sabd, 'kapr rup suhavana chad dunia andar javna manda changha aapna aapai hi keeta aapnai' SGGS 470.19 kept me wondering for few days as what link changa mandha relates with this pankti until I came to the conclusion to interpret, 'divine knowledge is so blissful thus abandon worldly show off and hyprocracy and instead divert your mind inside which will shake my conscience then only I will come know the reason of my sufferings.
Best regards

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

One such sabd, 'kapr rup suhavana chad dunia andar javna manda changha aapna aapai hi keeta aapnai' SGGS 470.19 kept me wondering for few days as what link changa mandha relates with this pankti until I came to the conclusion to interpret, 'divine knowledge is so blissful thus abandon worldly show off and hyprocracy and instead divert your mind inside which will shake my conscience then only I will come know the reason of my sufferings.
Best regards

Mohinder ji

That is so beautiful. Today I was thinking that in the hukam - nama the shabad gives the reason in a most personal message.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
ਪਉੜੀ
Pa▫oṛī.
Pauri.
ਪਉੜੀ।

ਕਪੜੁ ਰੂਪੁ ਸੁਹਾਵਣਾ ਛਡਿ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਜਾਵਣਾ
Kapaṛ rūp suhāvaṇā cẖẖad ḏunī▫ā anḏar jāvṇā.
I am leaving this world naked after having worn beautiful vestments.
I was beautiful when I was here.

ਮੰਦਾ ਚੰਗਾ ਆਪਣਾ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਕੀਤਾ ਪਾਵਣਾ
Manḏā cẖanga āpṇā āpe hī kīṯā pāvṇā.
I am taking the fruits from the seeds I sowed in my life.
Many will be bitter and throny and perhaps a rare may be sweet

ਹੁਕਮ ਕੀਏ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵਦੇ ਰਾਹਿ ਭੀੜੈ ਅਗੈ ਜਾਵਣਾ
Hukam kī▫e man bẖāvḏe rāhi bẖīṛai agai jāvṇā.
I did here what I felt like, wandered around following my own wishes.
But from now on I will be walking on the razor’s edge.

ਨੰਗਾ ਦੋਜਕਿ ਚਾਲਿਆ ਤਾ ਦਿਸੈ ਖਰਾ ਡਰਾਵਣਾ
Nangā ḏojak cẖāli▫ā ṯā ḏisai kẖarā darāvaṇā.
How my nakedness is scary and ugly!
Where’s the beauty gone?
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->
ਕਰਿ ਅਉਗਣ ਪਛੋਤਾਵਣਾ ੧੪॥
Kar a▫ugaṇ pacẖẖoṯāvaṇā. ||14||
I regret the bitter and thorny fruits I have reaped from the seeds I sowed.
It is all my doing, my living in me-ism rather than in One-ism.

SGGS 470-14

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Narayanjot ji,

Guru fateh.

The interesting part is that our Guru is talking about himself which shows that our Gurus were one of us. They did not put themselves on the pedestal like the today's so called " Brahamgyanis".

After reading this beautiful poetry, one feels closer to the friend and the mate called our Guru because there is no vacuum which is created by the hierarchy in most of the religions. There is no generational or spiritual gap here either. It is all shoulder to shoulder, holding hands with your best friend.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
This shabad always touches me deeply whenever I hear it.

YouTube - Mil Mere Preetma Jio Bhai Narinder Singh Ji Deptford NJ Wale

Page 244 Guru Amar Das
ਮਿਲੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮਾ ਜੀਉ ਤੁਧੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਖਰੀ ਨਿਮਾਣੀ ॥
mil maerae preethamaa jeeo thudhh bin kharee nimaanee ||
Meet me, O my Dear Beloved. Without You, I am totally dishonored.

ਮੈ ਨੈਣੀ ਨੀਦ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਜੀਉ ਭਾਵੈ ਅੰਨੁ ਨ ਪਾਣੀ ॥
mai nainee needh n aavai jeeo bhaavai ann n paanee ||
Sleep does not come to my eyes, and I have no desire for food or water.

ਪਾਣੀ ਅੰਨੁ ਨ ਭਾਵੈ ਮਰੀਐ ਹਾਵੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਪਿਰ ਕਿਉ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਈਐ ॥
paanee ann n bhaavai mareeai haavai bin pir kio sukh paaeeai ||
I have no desire for food or water, and I am dying from the pain of separation. Without my Husband Lord, how can I find peace?

ਗੁਰ ਆਗੈ ਕਰਉ ਬਿਨੰਤੀ ਜੇ ਗੁਰ ਭਾਵੈ ਜਿਉ ਮਿਲੈ ਤਿਵੈ ਮਿਲਾਈਐ ॥
gur aagai karo binanthee jae gur bhaavai jio milai thivai milaaeeai ||
I offer my prayers to the Guru; if it pleases the Guru, He shall unite me with Himself.

ਆਪੇ ਮੇਲਿ ਲਏ ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ ਆਪਿ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਘਰਿ ਆਏ ॥
aapae mael leae sukhadhaathaa aap miliaa ghar aaeae ||
The Giver of peace has united me with Himself; He Himself has come to my home to meet me.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾਮਣਿ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਹਾਗਣਿ ਨਾ ਪਿਰੁ ਮਰੈ ਨ ਜਾਏ ॥੪॥੨॥
naanak kaaman sadhaa suhaagan naa pir marai n jaaeae ||4||2||
O Nanak, the soul-bride is forever the Lord's favorite wife; her Husband Lord does not die, and He shall never leave. ||4||2||

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
ਪਉੜੀ।
ਕਪੜੁ ਰੂਪੁ ਸੁਹਾਵਣਾ ਛਡਿ ਦੁਨੀਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਜਾਵਣਾ
Kapaṛ rūp suhāvaṇā cẖẖad ḏunī▫ā anḏar jāvṇā.
I am leaving this world naked after having worn beautiful vestments.
I was beautiful when I was here.

Tejwant Ji,

How about my little understanding of interpretating the above pankti by inserting coma after ਛਡਿ. The divine knowledge is so blissful, thus abandon the hypocracy of taking pride in worldly show off and rather reflect upon your innerself.
Best regards
sahni mohinder

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
I heard this shabad recently at Gurdwara and haven't been able to get it out my head (not that i mind ;) ). I think it is just beautiful as all shabads are but for some reason this one stuck with me! Enjoy :blueturban:

Ang 673
ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
dhhanaasaree mehalaa 5 ||

ਪਾਨੀ ਪਖਾ ਪੀਸਉ ਸੰਤ ਆਗੈ ਗੁਣ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਜਸੁ ਗਾਈ ॥
paanee pakhaa peeso santh aagai gun govindh jas gaaee ||
I carry the water, wave the fan, and grind the corn for the Saints; I constantly sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe.

ਸਾਸਿ ਸਾਸਿ ਮਨੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੈ ਇਹੁ ਬਿਸ੍ਰਾਮ ਨਿਧਿ ਪਾਈ ॥੧॥
saas saas man naam samhaarai eihu bisraam nidhh paaee ||1||
With each and every breath, my mind remembers the Naam, the Name of the Lord; in this way, it finds the treasure of peace. ||1||

ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਕਰਹੁ ਦਇਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਾਈ ॥
thumh karahu dhaeiaa maerae saaee ||
Have pity on me, O my Lord and Master.

ਐਸੀ ਮਤਿ ਦੀਜੈ ਮੇਰੇ ਠਾਕੁਰ ਸਦਾ ਸਦਾ ਤੁਧੁ ਧਿਆਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
aisee math dheejai maerae thaakur sadhaa sadhaa thudhh dhhiaaee ||1|| rehaao ||
Bless me with such understanding, O my Lord and Master, that I may forever and ever meditate on You. ||1||Pause||

ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਤੇ ਮੋਹੁ ਮਾਨੁ ਛੂਟੈ ਬਿਨਸਿ ਜਾਇ ਭਰਮਾਈ ॥
thumharee kirapaa thae mohu maan shhoottai binas jaae bharamaaee ||
By Your Grace, emotional attachment and egotism are eradicated, and doubt is dispelled.

ਅਨਦ ਰੂਪੁ ਰਵਿਓ ਸਭ ਮਧੇ ਜਤ ਕਤ ਪੇਖਉ ਜਾਈ ॥੨॥
anadh roop raviou sabh madhhae jath kath paekho jaaee ||2||
The Lord, the embodiment of bliss, is pervading and permeating in all; wherever I go, there I see Him. ||2||

ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਦਇਆਲ ਕਿਰਪਾਲ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਨਿਧਿ ਪਤਿਤ ਪਾਵਨ ਗੋਸਾਈ ॥
thumh dhaeiaal kirapaal kirapaa nidhh pathith paavan gosaaee ||
You are kind and compassionate, the treasure of mercy, the Purifier of sinners, Lord of the world.

ਕੋਟਿ ਸੂਖ ਆਨੰਦ ਰਾਜ ਪਾਏ ਮੁਖ ਤੇ ਨਿਮਖ ਬੁਲਾਈ ॥੩॥
kott sookh aanandh raaj paaeae mukh thae nimakh bulaaee ||3||
I obtain millions of joys and comforts, if You inspire me to chant Your Name with my mouth, even for an instant. ||3||

ਜਾਪ ਤਾਪ ਭਗਤਿ ਸਾ ਪੂਰੀ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਈ ॥
jaap thaap bhagath saa pooree jo prabh kai man bhaaee ||
That alone is perfect chanting, meditation, penance and devotional worship service, which is pleasing to God's Mind if done with true heart.

ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਤ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਸਭ ਬੁਝੀ ਹੈ ਨਾਨਕ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤਿ ਅਘਾਈ ॥੪॥੧੦॥
naam japath thrisanaa sabh bujhee hai naanak thripath aghaaee ||4||10||
Chanting the Naam, all thirst and desire is satisfied; Nanak is satisfied and fulfilled. ||4||10||

Was a little confused by the sant mentioned in 1st line but rest of shabad mentions how God is seen everywhere and ego is controlled so I'm thinking sant refers to all creation?

YouTube - Tum Karo Daya Mere Sai

YouTube - tum karo daya mere sai

Chinu

SPNer
Oct 22, 2011
An Invitation To Share The Experience of Shabad Guru
An Invitation ? to whom ? the "Shabad Guru" experiencer's ???
Personal understanding is: if...even for a sec -- one comes in the contact of this "Shabad Guru",

The game is over.

The game of charuasi (maze of 84) is over.

The game of illusion (Maya) is over.

The game of deaths and births is over.

After experiencing "Shabad Guru" one is not a normal man, infact... after than one becomes super man, or one becomes "Saint".

Ahhh... "Shabad Guru" i think its not a child play.0:)

"Satshriakal"

Chinu

SPNer
Oct 22, 2011
CHINU Ji,
I learn from my GuRu that Actual and Real game starts only when one comes in contact with
"SABADu GuRU".
Prakash.S.Bagga
You say: Game Starts Now
I say: Game Is Over Now

Why to argue on such a matter -- as nobody -- from both of us can show any miracle.... Bagga ji. :grinningkaur:

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM