• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Life Is A Piece Of Cake. Enjoy To The Fullest

Jun 1, 2004
A little boy is telling his Grandma how everything is going wrong. School, family problems, severe health problems, etc. Meanwhile, Grandma is baking a cake.

She asks her grandson if he would like a snack, which, of course, he does.

"Here, have some cooking oil."

"Yuck" says the boy.

"How about a couple raw eggs?"

"Gross, Grandma!"

"Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?"

"Grandma, those are all yucky!"

To which Grandma replies: "Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake!"

God works the same way.

Many times we wonder why he would let us go through such bad and difficult times.

But God knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good!

We just have to trust Him and, eventually, they will all make something wonderful!

Hope your day is a "Piece of cake!"

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Neutral Singh said:
Many times we wonder why he would let us go through such bad and difficult times.

But God knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good!

We just have to trust Him and, eventually, they will all make something wonderful!

Hope your day is a "Piece of cake!"
Such readings certainly help. Thanks for posting, Singh ji.

Regards.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki fateh.

Only God and me know how many emails ( "bless" the internet ??) i get in my mailbox daily from individuals all over the world...wailing and screaming about how unfair God is..how life isnt fair..and WHAT can GURBANI/GURU JI/WAHEGURU help ?? ( AS if I had the magic formula !!) Now I know for a fact why the FAKE SANTS/BABAJIS...etc are having a FIELD DAY "meeting" sangats, having "private meetings" with ladies...getting richer and richer and the deras are getting bigger and bigger. Everybody wants the MAGIC FORMULA..to get a "son", to get "rich", to "pass the exam", to get a "job"...success, sehatyaabi, good health, win the court case, drive the latest luxury car, get a bigger more luxurious home...more gold, more diamonds, better behaved "agiyakaari" children...and the SANTS/BABA JIS have loads of these MAGIC FORMULAS...which they hand out with one hand while the other hand receives thaleeaan of MAYA/CASH.... What is the Magic Formula..."do so many "paaths" of such and such a shabad in such a such way/position/manner/etc etc, do paaths of this shabad on this water and drink it/sprinkle it/ etc etc, make atta balls, read so many Japji sahib paaths on them, throw them into the nearest "flowing water", read so many Chaupais and blow into some ash and rub it on the forehead... ( formula to get your wayword husband back...when he is sleeping rub the ash on his forehead adn he will wake up having no memeory of his mistress !! one Baba Ji told a Sikh Amrtidharee lady..FAT HOPE....after wasting a KILO of ATTA ( make balls of atta, read Chaupaii sahib on them, throw them into a flowing river...and as these atta balls float away...so will all the "memories/Yadaan" your husband has of his Mistress float away and he will come back to you !!!) she went see the same baba ji the year following atta balls Formula..and he gave her the chaupaii sahib+ASH formula.... husband still with mistress and Court Divorce on the cards !!. THESE are not "tall tales" or people who are kache dhillar sikhs... These are PAKKE NITNEMI/Taksali AMRITDHAREES/Do loads of paaths, nitname, simran sessions every week three times/kirtan/sehaj paath always on at home/do loads of sewa at Gurdwraa/Hospitals/orphanages/old folks homes..BUT also BABA JI/SANT JI/MAHAPURASH JI "sade ghar wich charan pao ji/ and privatemeeting sessions with ladies "upstairs room" while the ordinary sangat waits downstairs...

Whats the point of all this long story... Same as Veer Ji said in his wonderful post.... LIFE is a GIFT of WAHEGURU... He put us here for a purpose... Take everything as it comes with a SMILE.... ENJOY everything he Provides..Enjoy Life/Piece of cake.... WHY go on and on about a MAGIC FORMULA to get "more than one" piece of cake you are given. Gurbani is not about such magic formulas...it is certainly NOT A MANTAR to get more than your fair share of the Cake Guru ji has written for you..

Sorry if my ramblings...went off line here and there !!!

Jarnail Singh:ice:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM