• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sects Lets Talk About Radha Swami's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
I have heard every now and then a selected few get picked out for a Naam Bhajan, sorry if i have this wrong but its what i have heard. The selected few sit in a closed off room and they are given a certain part to recite from the Guru Granth Sahib. They must never reveal this given to any non RS. They must recite this to themselves in the mornings when they meditate. I do not know if this is true its what i have just been told. I am sorry if i am wrong but its what i have just heard.

Dear Ugsbay Ji

Please allow me to shed some light on this if I may...

My understanding is that there is an application process and the present Master of the RSSB path, (there are several RS paths with their own masters and lineage), has decreed you must be a minimum of 25 years old to apply. This is with the worthy objective in mind of ensuring parents don't force children onto the path

As for the application itself, I'm not sure what details are requested but it does include questions as to how long the applicant has abstained from consuming meat, fish, eggs and alcohol.

An administrative committee decides who passes and then the applicants are invited to a mass initiation session. This includes a master class in the Surat Shabd Yoga technique and something to do with rolling your tongue to the back of your throat I think, (not certain about that bit!)

As for the secret passages...there aren't any from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji...there are however five power-charged names. These names are supposed to be the names of the rulers of the main spiritual realms your soul will traverse on its way to Sachkhand. This repetition of names is called Simran

But they aren't really secret as you can Google them!

You asked earlier as to the core beliefs

Well basically, bits of it may sound familiar!

All humans contain a bit of the divine spark in their souls.

The purpose of life is to merge your soul with that of the Creator or original source or whatever you want to call this entity

You do this by meditating and repetition of the holy names. This opens your inner eye to the Spiritual realms within and your inner ear to the Shabd. We are spiritually blind and deaf otherwise as we are all steeped in Maya and the cycle of births and deaths

This meditation will allow your soul to travel spiritual realms. Realms presided over by other great masters like Jesus and Krishna etc

However, soul travel to Sachkhand is a risky business! You need a guide. you need someone who has come from there to show you the way. You need the grace and guidance of the living master!

Just like school children don't just read books by themselves but need a teacher, so a spiritual seeker requires a living master. Or that's their key argument anyway as to why they are special. I guess that puts Sikhs and the Sikh scriptures at a disadvantage then!! (That was humour by the way!)

And there are countless other paths that have living masters! Look at Sathya Sai Baba...now there's a dodgy character for sure!!

Hope this helps
:eek:rangesingh:

Sep 27, 2008
England
Seeker Ji thankyou very much for shedding some light on this topic for me. I asked as i never quiet understood the Radha Swamis but you have certainly put me in the picture so thanks for the info. cheeringmunda

Sep 27, 2008
England
Thanks again Seeker Ji and yes it deffo helps. That sai Baba you just mentioned is it the one that produces golden eggs from his mouth ? I saw one on youtube, it looked very dodgy to me to be honest, he had such a massive following too. A few serious allegations have been made regarding him. I wonder if its the same one you just mentioned.

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
Thanks again Seeker Ji and yes it deffo helps. That sai Baba you just mentioned is it the one that produces golden eggs from his mouth ? I saw one on youtube, it looked very dodgy to me to be honest, he had such a massive following too. A few serious allegations have been made regarding him. I wonder if its the same one you just mentioned.

Yes the one with the unnaturally wide deep black afro and saffron robes..that's certainly the chap

I remember watching a documentary called the guru busters and they caught him on video using (very poor) sleight of hand to materialise trinkets for the silly followers who thought it was necessary to have such divinely sourced jewellery in the first place!

And the allegations are not nice but very sadly appear to have some truth to them

Sep 27, 2008
England
Yips thats deffo the one, big, Bushy, Black, Jackson five kind of hair. There were some serious allegations regarding him but he has some very very powerful friends including some in the Parliment of India. It was said it is impossible to get him prosecuted as he is well protected by the Elite of India. Yes i saw some of those things he did regarding that stuff pouring out off his hand after he rubs his fingers. He has a massive western fan base too, i dont know about now but he did before and it was huge.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
There is an entire thread here at SPN on Sai Baba ji. He has nothing to do with Radasoami.

If you google "Sant Mat" you will be able to find more meat on the Radasoami and Sant Mat which is the spiritual tradition that applies to them.

Let's return to the topic. Thanks.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Sai Baba does those tricks on purpose because he wants people to slander him. This is a sure way to go to heaven. The more slanderers one has, the faster he goes to heaven. I will open a new thread on Sai Baba.

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Badshah salamat,

Do you mean Guru Gobind Singh Put the stop on new religions in the world?
At the time of Nanak most were Hindus. All the Gurus got married by Bedi (fire alter).

The people who went to hear Nanak sing hymns we not Sikhs. Sikh mean student (shish).
As for now Radha Suami do not call it a religion. They go there to do the simran, which they can’t find it in Gurdwaras.
Every person has the right to worship his god any way he/she wish to. In demarcated counties that is. If you want to be a dictator and control every one then it is a different story.
Radha Soami did not start form Shiv Dial there were few other gurus before him. It was baba Jaimal Singh who set up his kutia on the edge of bias and started to preach the so called Naam. The group in Agra give the mantar of 3 word naam. Here in bias jaimal sing started naam with 5 words. He choose them from Garanth so it will appeal to Sikhs.
If you go to Agra and talk with them they will tell you Jaimal Sing never got the naam from Shiv Dial. Shiv Dial was Hindu not a Sikh. Having the name Singh do not make person Sikh. Before the Gobind Sing gave the name Singh , it was used by the raputs.
The name Singh is not the property of Sikhism.

It is people like you who start the hate group. You want to control people as to what they can wear and eat and what they can think.

What do you think happened when the followers of Nakak started to break away from Hinduism?
At the time of creating Khalsa most Hindu family use to make their first son Khalsa.
There was no hatred between Hindus and Sikhs. It is only from the 80’s the Sikhs started to preach hatred toward Hindus.

I am not a Hindu,RS or belong to any ism. I was born in Sikhism and still read Granth when ever I can. I am a spiritual person I don’t need religion.

badshah

SPNer
May 8, 2010
Badshah salamat,

Do you mean Guru Gobind Singh Put the stop on new religions in the world?
At the time of Nanak most were Hindus. All the Gurus got married by Bedi (fire alter).

The people who went to hear Nanak sing hymns we not Sikhs. Sikh mean student (shish).
As for now Radha Suami do not call it a religion. They go there to do the simran, which they can’t find it in Gurdwaras.
Every person has the right to worship his god any way he/she wish to. In demarcated counties that is. If you want to be a dictator and control every one then it is a different story.
Radha Soami did not start form Shiv Dial there were few other gurus before him. It was baba Jaimal Singh who set up his kutia on the edge of bias and started to preach the so called Naam. The group in Agra give the mantar of 3 word naam. Here in bias jaimal sing started naam with 5 words. He choose them from Garanth so it will appeal to Sikhs.
If you go to Agra and talk with them they will tell you Jaimal Sing never got the naam from Shiv Dial. Shiv Dial was Hindu not a Sikh. Having the name Singh do not make person Sikh. Before the Gobind Sing gave the name Singh , it was used by the raputs.
The name Singh is not the property of Sikhism.

It is people like you who start the hate group. You want to control people as to what they can wear and eat and what they can think.

What do you think happened when the followers of Nakak started to break away from Hinduism?
At the time of creating Khalsa most Hindu family use to make their first son Khalsa.
There was no hatred between Hindus and Sikhs. It is only from the 80’s the Sikhs started to preach hatred toward Hindus.

I am not a Hindu,RS or belong to any ism. I was born in Sikhism and still read Granth when ever I can. I am a spiritual person I don’t need religion.

I do not know what you are on about......... if this offshoot called Rada Soamis uses teachings of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji to lure Sikhs into its fold then it pollutes our religion...... therefore I am against it.... end of story!

We as Sikhs have been given naam Simran to do and we do not need to go to Rada Somai sangat to find it. Have you ever been to a Gurudwara, they are doing paat there all the time.... so know shortage of paat.....

No need for Rada Soamis (for extra gurus) since us Sikhs have been instructed to put out faith in the SGGSJ

"The name Singh is not the property of Sikhism." Its ours through religion and so is Kaur

"There was no hatred between Hindus and Sikhs. It is only from the 80’s the Sikhs started to preach hatred toward Hindus."

Yeah after many Sikhs got burnt alive I think you will too have some hatred towards Hindus if you are from that period in time

"
There was no hatred between Hindus and Sikhs."

Whats this got to do with this Rada Soami topic?

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Badshah ji,

Radha Soami do not use Granth for preaching. They have their own.
What naam did you received from Granth?
Do you do nitname, are you amritdhari?
If we want respect then we also should respect others. It don’t help to blame other religions for our own weakness.
Hate beget hate

The message I get from your questions is very frightening.
Let the other choose the religion they want. You just live the religion you have choosen.
As far as I know it was the policy of Sikhism to respect other religion. People say Radha Soami is not a religion. Yes I agree it is not but your attitude and others like you will push it toward the religion. Just like the Ravidasies.

Radha Soami done more for the public then Sikhs. They only give the naam if one stop drinking and eating meat. There have been lot of families destroyed by the drinking then any thing also. We must recognize this. Any good thing comes out from bad person that should be admired, not condemned.

badshah

SPNer
May 8, 2010
Badshah ji,

Radha Soami do not use Granth for preaching. They have their own.
What naam did you received from Granth?
If we want respect then we also should respect others. It don’t help to blame other religions for our own weakness.
Hate beget hate

Let the other choose the religion they want. You just live the religion you have choosen.
As far as I know it was the policy of Sikhism to respect other religion. People say Radha Soami is not a religion. Yes I agree it is not but your attitude and others like you will push it toward the religion. Just like the Ravidasies.

Radha Soami done more for the public then Sikhs. They only give the naam if one stop drinking and eating meat. There have been lot of families destroyed by the drinking then any thing also. We must recognize this. Any good thing comes out from bad person that should be admired, not condemned.

So obviously you are a Rada Swami....

"Radha Soami do not use Granth for preaching. They have their own."

Thats not what I heard......

"What naam did you received from Granth?"

You know, naam simran, meditation on Gods name..... waheguru, waheguru.... pretty good for some of us lazy *******s, this is the minimum we can.... although I know we suppose to pray 5 times a day

"Do you do nitname, are you amritdhari?"

Does not matter......

"
Hate beget hate

"
Sikhism is like clear water, if you add whisky to it then its polluted...... I went to Indian after 27 years, I am 30 years old now and I was expecting to see pure Sikhism but saw Sikhism intertwined with Hinduism..... I suppose that got to do with the fact its Hinduism everywhere in India, so being born in the West is a priveledge since we are not heavy exposed in an interfering way to other religions.....

So to the point of Rada Swamis, if Rada Swami is not a religion then it must be the pollution of religions.... I mean how can you have Rada Swami Sikhs? Either you are Sikh or Rada Swami so its better that your organisation turns it into a religion so that we do not see SIngh people walking around who although look like Sikhs are infact Rada Swama

"Radha Soami done more for the public then Sikhs. They only give the naam if one stop drinking and eating meat. There have been lot of families destroyed by the drinking then any thing also. We must recognize this. Any good thing comes out from bad person that should be admired, not condemned"

Yeah and you only get Amrit if you stop drinking, eating meat etc etc... so whats you point? However since what you have stated is about naam and not amrit, let me tell you......... the biggest criminals in the world, drug dealers etc etc, pimps and what have you, can still pray through naam simran if they wish too. How can naam only be for people who stop drinking and smoking, naam should be available for everyone because not everyone has the same paths in life that let the lead the most moral lifes...

This is naam simran:

YouTube- Acapella Jatha WaheGuru Simranhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igj9AxFPUXU&feature=related

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
Badshah ji,

This waheguru word was not by any 9 gurus. Nanak emphasized on naam simran. What naam Nanak told you to do the simran? The waheguru is written 5 times in the Granth. It was not recited by any guru’s. How can you be sure this is the real naam Nanak used?
I do not want the AK video. I know about them. We are discussing so you should tell your own experience.

This is not related to this topic directly but it may tell you some thing.
I was 14 when I went to UK. At school every one had to study bible. I was the only person that time who complained to the head master. I said to him we are Sikhs and we will never become Christian so the bible study do not help us. I suggested to him that instead of bible study we should use that period for practice English. Which we all need. He said it is good idea but he insists that every one should study bible. It is the law every one should study the bible. I can not stop that even if I wanted to. He also said it is good idea to study other religions. That way you can know other’s belief. It will help you understand others. I did not like his idea then. But soon the study of bible was terminated. I am not taking any credit for that. But it opened my eyes. I have study most religions.
I have at my home Granth Kuran(English) Gita, bible Toras. Many more. One should religion from a neutral point. If we read with our mind already made up then we can not understand them.

You also asked about the miracles that other sadhus done. You wanted the proof of those miracles. Before we ask other for the proof we should look in our gurus stories. How many miracles have been associated with our Guru’s?

Looks to me you don’t read what is written. I said it crystal clear that I was born in Sikhism but now do not have any religion. Yet you said I am Radha Soami.I do not do any ritual, I go to the core to understand.
Amridhai want to control every one and if they have their way they will terminate others.
That is not what Nanak to Gobind Singh told us
I do not believe in Radha Soami or any other cult.

badshah

SPNer
May 8, 2010
Badshah ji,

This waheguru word was not by any 9 gurus. Nanak emphasized on naam simran. What naam Nanak told you to do the simran? The waheguru is written 5 times in the Granth. It was not recited by any guru’s. How can you be sure this is the real naam Nanak used?
I do not want the AK video. I know about them. We are discussing so you should tell your own experience.

This is not related to this topic directly but it may tell you some thing.
I was 14 when I went to UK. At school every one had to study bible. I was the only person that time who complained to the head master. I said to him we are Sikhs and we will never become Christian so the bible study do not help us. I suggested to him that instead of bible study we should use that period for practice English. Which we all need. He said it is good idea but he insists that every one should study bible. It is the law every one should study the bible. I can not stop that even if I wanted to. He also said it is good idea to study other religions. That way you can know other’s belief. It will help you understand others. I did not like his idea then. But soon the study of bible was terminated. I am not taking any credit for that. But it opened my eyes. I have study most religions.
I have at my home Granth Kuran(English) Gita, bible Toras. Many more. One should religion from a neutral point. If we read with our mind already made up then we can not understand them.

You also asked about the miracles that other sadhus done. You wanted the proof of those miracles. Before we ask other for the proof we should look in our gurus stories. How many miracles have been associated with our Guru’s?

Looks to me you don’t read what is written. I said it crystal clear that I was born in Sikhism but now do not have any religion. Yet you said I am Radha Soami.I do not do any ritual, I go to the core to understand.
Amridhai want to control every one and if they have their way they will terminate others.
That is not what Nanak to Gobind Singh told us
I do not believe in Radha Soami or any other cult.

If the creators name is Waheguru then if every breath should be in his name, you can do naam simran. naam simran = recitation of Gods name.....

You say you are of no religion or anything but hugely defend Rada Soamis...... why do you defend them so much?

seeker3k

SPNer
May 24, 2008
canada
What can it take to make you understand that I am not defending Radha Soami. It was the hated you showed in your questions that I replied to. How many times I have to explain to u that I do not have a religion? Got it now?

badshah

SPNer
May 8, 2010
What can it take to make you understand that I am not defending Radha Soami. It was the hated you showed in your questions that I replied to. How many times I have to explain to u that I do not have a religion? Got it now?

........but your answers give evidence to the fact you are defending Rada Soamis.......

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
badshah ji

Your dedication to the path of Sikhi undivided devotion for SGGS is coming through loud and clear. That is something I share with you. But one question, it is not clear how Seekr3kji is defending RadaSaomis. Could/would you elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: