• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sects Lets Talk About Radha Swami's

Status
Not open for further replies.

badshah

SPNer
May 8, 2010
10 Gobind Singh Ji 22 December 1666 11 November 1675 7 October 1708 41 age - then almost 150 years later the Rada Swami's started.... how were they allowed to start their offshoot?

1980's Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwalla - When at his peak, did he address the issue of Rada Swami's? What did he do about it?

Does this look like a Khalsa Sikh?

Has Manmohan Singh addressed the issue of Rada Swami?

What does the Indian government class Rada Swami's as?

How did this group start and then end up incorporating Sikhism into their belief - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dera_Sacha_Sauda - do they call themselves Sikhs too?

Although I just realised that the gora Sikhs when initiated branded themselves as 3HO, for those who still continue in Sikhism do they now call themselves SIkhs and reject a socalled 3HO Sikh label?

What does our religion say about what the above groups have done? What does Sikhism say to do about the above? (For example Islam teaches to wage war against infidels)

I ask these question because a wicked Rada Swami calls himself a Sikh and I am like ***!:shockedmunda:

Thanks swordfight

Attachments

• radha soami shiv dayal singh.jpg
    radha soami shiv dayal singh.jpg
    17.6 KB · Reads: 320

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
10 Gobind Singh Ji 22 December 1666 11 November 1675 7 October 1708 41 age - then almost 150 years later the Rada Swami's started.... how were they allowed to start their offshoot?

Probably because they thought it was an easy option whereas Sikhism requires a disciplined mind to read and understand the scriptures

1980's Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwalla - When at his peak, did he address the issue of Rada Swami's? What did he do about it?

Nothing as he was probably too busy desecrating the Golden Temple

Does this look like a Khalsa Sikh? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiv_Dayal_Singh

Has Manmohan SIngh addressed the issue of Rada Swami?
Such blatant interventions of politics over religion can end in disaster...perhaps the Indian government has learned something from the '80s...

What does the Indian government class Rada Swami's as?

It's just one of dozens of other paths like nirankaris, bahai's, jains etc

How did this group start and then end up incorporating SIkhism into their belief - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dera_Sacha_Sauda - do they call themselves Sikhs too?
I know a lot of RS, some of them who also wear turbans. But I think they would class themselves as RS first

Although I just realised that the gora Sikhs when initiated branded themselves as 3HO, for those who still continue in Sikhism do they now call themselves SIkhs and reject a socalled 3HO Sikh label?

What does our religion say about what the above groups have done? What does Sikhism say to do about the above? (For example Islam teaches to wage war against infidels)

I ask these question because a wicked Rada Swami calls himself a Sikh and I am like ***!:shockedmunda:

Thanks swordfight

Yes, Islam appears to be quick to raise arms!
Personally, I don't think they are worth the effort. Each to their own

One thing I would say though...like some other defender's of the faith on this forum, a lot of the RS people I know (and I do respect some genuine ones also) but a lot of them wear their faith like a badge and consider themselves superior and try and push their beliefs on others....

I have no time for that whatsoever!!

swordfight

Sep 27, 2008
England
Seeker Ji to be honest i have never quiet understood what their belief system is. I asked A RS once the same question and he said we believe in All religions, it seemed to me they have used all the major religions and put together the bits that suit them. But i may be wrong, on sunday mornings i go for a long jog around the park. I always see 15 to 20 Radha Swamis waiting for a bus. To be honest i dont even know where they go to pray. I have heard they have acres of land in Punjab "Beas".

badshah

SPNer
May 8, 2010
Why do they call themselves Sikh? Although yes a religion was formed by Guru Nanak Dev Ji which then evolved over 9 gurus to a saint soldier religion that was sealed as a faith called Sikhism, they only believe in the first 5 gurus so how can they be Sikh. You would have to believe in all 10 gurus, especially the 10th since he gave us the uniform.

If they only believe in the first 5 gurus then that makes them pakandee Sikhs and better that they do not call themselves Sikhs at all! I mean any joker can wear a turban on their head and grow a beard, does not mean that these RS's can tell me they are Sikh, what do they think I am stupid?

Last edited by a moderator:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
The tradition of Sadhu sant's pir faqir is an age old tradition of India.People of all religions use to go visit them ,hear their katha and sometime may join them .Radhaswami's are very popular in India among businessmen.many shopkeepers irrespective of religion keep photo of Radha swami Guru's.

The reason why sikhs go to them is simple .It is human nature.When they hear that some sant ,baba is doing miracle's then sikhs are also tempted to go to them and many time after hearing their speeches they become their follower

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Why do they call themselves Sikh? Although yes a religion was formed by Guru Nanak Dev Ji which then evolved over 9 gurus to a saint soldier religion that was sealed as a faith called Sikhism, they only believe in the first 5 gurus so how can they be Sikh. You would have to believe in all 10 gurus, especially the 10th since he gave us the uniform.

If they only believe in the first 5 gurus then that makes them pakandee Sikhs and better that they do not call themselves Sikhs at all! I mean any joker can wear a turban on their head and grow a beard, does not mean that these RS's can tell me they are Sikh, what do they think I am stupid?

The Hindu radhaswami's don't call themselves sikhs

Last edited by a moderator:

badshah

SPNer
May 8, 2010
The tradition of Sadhu sant's pir faqir is an age old tradition of India.People of all religions use to go visit them ,hear their katha and sometime may join them .Radhaswami's are very popular in India among businessmen.many shopkeepers irrespective of religion keep photo of Radha swami Guru's.

The reason why sikhs go to them is simple .It is human nature.When they hear that some sant ,baba is doing miracle's then sikhs are also tempted to go to them and many time after hearing their speeches they become their follower

Yeah but if their gurus can really heal the wounded, protect the poor, cleanse the diseased etc etc then yeah who would not go to healed. However has their ever been a case of people being healed, for example the cripple can now walk?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
So are you suggesting that there is a thing called Sikh Rada Swami's? Should that not be rephrased to RS converts?

Conversion is word used for religions.Radhaswami's still not moulded themselves into a Religion. A sikh may become Radhaswami but may be his wife or children don't follow that Guru so in 1-2 generation following of radhaswami may vanish in the family

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Yeah but if their gurus can really heal the wounded, protect the poor, cleanse the diseased etc etc then yeah who would not go to healed. However has their ever been a case of people being healed, for example the cripple can now walk?

I don't know about it but if you ask an RS foillower then he may be he tell you hundreds of stories like this

badshah

SPNer
May 8, 2010
I don't know about it but if you ask an RS foillower then he may be he tell you hundreds of stories like this

Stories are of no use in the 21st century, they need to prove it in front of professional Western doctors that they can heal and have it on Youtube..... otherwise strories are just fairy tales.....

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Stories are of no use in the 21st century, they need to prove it in front of professional Western doctors that they can heal and have it on Youtube..... otherwise strories are just fairy tales.....

You must be talking about hi fi educated westernised world that only beleive in science.A very large world exists outside that believes in western doctors aswell other in other things too
I don't think western doctors have still approved Naturopathy,Ayurveda,Yoga and even homeopathy etc so by your logic people should all stop going to these doctors.Anyway that is separate discussion.

The fact is people do believe in them

badshah

SPNer
May 8, 2010
You must be talking about hi fi educated westernised world that only beleive in science.A very large world exists outside that
I don't think western doctors have still approved Naturopathy,Ayurveda,Yoga and even homeopathy etc so by your logic people should all stop going to these doctors.Anyway that is separate discussion.

The fact is people do believe in them

Well I am from the West so naturally will not believe in someone telling me to wear a silver ring, or feed the fishes or do this and that..... I mean half of Indian is believeing in some voodoo pandits so thats why i would never belive it

Also India is about 100 year backwards than the West, when the British cam to India if they thought all the voodoo hoo haa was beneficial then they would have taken it back with them..... what do they do? They take back tea and spices, infact I heard they still have their hand in the tea making land through some sort of agreement...... cleaver goray!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Well I am from the West so naturally will not believe in someone telling me to wear a silver ring, or feed the fishes or do this and that..... I mean half of Indian is believeing in some voodoo pandits so thats why i would never belive it

Also India is about 100 year backwards than the West, when the British cam to India if they thought all the voodoo hoo haa was beneficial then they would have taken it back with them..... what do they do? They take back tea and spices, infact I heard they still have their hand in the tea making land through some sort of agreement...... cleaver goray!

And what about paul the Octopus?
What about psychics in west?
What about Ghosts in west?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Ever heard of entertainment?

Do you want to say that people who goes to psychics in West and pay money to them are doing it for entertainment and BTW Why were German fans were angry over paul if that is only for entertainment?

badshah

SPNer
May 8, 2010
Do you want to say that people who goes to psychics in West and pay money to them are doing it for entertainment and BTW Why were German fans were angry over paul if that is only for entertainment?

Oh yeah a "minorty" think the physic stuff is for real..... but the "majority" see it as entertainment.

Why the Germans where angry you ask? Well come on you can answer that question yourself!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Oh yeah a "minorty" think the physic stuff is for real..... but the "majority" see it as entertainment.

Why the Germans where angry you ask? Well come on you can answer that question yourself!

Well I don't know whether it is minority or majority that belive in psychics in west but the fact is psychics are their in west and they are making money out of it.Also we should not forget that large number of sadhu sants goes to USA and Europe and make thousands of followers

Sep 27, 2008
England
I have heard every now and then a selected few get picked out for a Naam Bhajan, sorry if i have this wrong but its what i have heard. The selected few sit in a closed off room and they are given a certain part to recite from the Guru Granth Sahib. They must never reveal this given to any non RS. They must recite this to themselves in the mornings when they meditate. I do not know if this is true its what i have just been told. I am sorry if i am wrong but its what i have just heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: