• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Yogism Kundalini Release & 7 Chakras/Auras

Ajuni

(previously sikhipyar)
SPNer
Aug 22, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Sat Sri Akal to all.

I have always been curious to understand the fundamentals of kundalini yoga and the 7 chakras as well as the notion of auras. I would like to hear what my brothers and sisters have to say in terms of this topic.

Does anyone know the basics of kundalini yoga? or how to release one's kundalini coil, and embrace the energy it offers. Has anyone achieved this uncoiling? If so what was it that you experienced, and how was it significant in your life at that time? Could meditation alone release ones kundalini?

Does Sikhi embrace the notion of auras, and then person could have a positive or negative aura. Or that people can see auras? is this the release of ones kundalini? Are the 7 chakras of importance in Sikhi?

Is anyone hear able to see auras? or is this just flabbergastic nonsense.

Thank you for your thoughts and assistance in my journey. May you gain a step towards your own.

Sat Sri Akal. kudihug

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Dear Sikhipyar bhenji

Kundalini yoga is used by particular sects within Sikhi, in addition to Sikhi. It is not part of Sikhi.

Unfortunately some people may see these sects and confuse kundalini and Sikhi to be part of the same package and that upsets me, because there are separate and largely unrelated.

If you want to pursue kundalini, chakras and auras as a hobby next to your Sikh religion there is no problem, but you must understand they are hobby practices, imported spiritual practices, and they aren't Sikh.

And no, the seven chakras are of no relevance to Sikhi, either. Nor are auras.

Ish

PS. Sikhi is a religion more of the mind than the body. If you are looking for a more hands-on spiritual practice that comes from the Sikhi tree, research some Naam Abhyas and simran techniques. Although I understand these aren't essential practices for a Sikh I think they may fill a gap some people have for hands-on practice. First and foremost you should focus on your amrit vela and nitnem routine.

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
KUNDILINI

Through the association with Sat (Truth) - Satsangat - the Kundilini unentangles;
through the Word of the Guru, they enjoy the Supreme Bliss. (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 1402).
<><><><>​

The Primordial Energy resides in all bodies as Kundilini. Although the term "Kundilini" is present in the Gurbani (Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji), however, its mention is very limited. The Gurbani says the Kundilini awakens in the Satsangat. This is different than what the Yogis say about awakening Kundidlini. Therefore this Gurbani Reflection will attempt to reflect on:
•Yogis and Kundilini - Yogic Practices
•The Gurbani on Kundilini

Yogis and Kundilini - Yogic Practices

In conjunction with Kindilini, Yogis also talk about terms such as the Chakras (rings, wheels or discs, which signify subtle energy centers), the Kosa (sheaths), the "three bodies", the three states of consciousness, and the five elements, as well as their interrelationship.

The Five Kosa:
• Annamaya Kosa or food sheath
• Pranamaya Kosa or vital-air sheath
• Manomaya Kosa or mental sheath
• Viganamaya Kosa or intellectual sheath
• Anandamaya Kosa or bliss sheath

Three Bodies:

•Sthula Sarira or Gross Body ( or Asthool)
• Suksma Sarira or Subtle Body (or Sookham)
• Karana Sarira or Causal Body.

Three States Of Consciousness:

Through spiritual inquiries or Vichar (pronounced Vichaar), the sages recognized that the three bodies are active in experiencing the outside world through the three facets of life: the state of waking or Jagrat (pronounced Jaagrat), the state of dream (Swapna), and the state of deep sleep (Sushupti). Even though the Aatmaan (Pure ego, Consciousness or Self) is the same in all states; but, due to material conditioning, we act differently in these states as though we in ourselves are three different entities. In other words, the Infinite Consciousness is one and the same, the Reality is one and the same, though it functions differently in the three planes of existence and, in these three states, it seems to gain three different sets of experiences. Accordingly, the waker in us seems to act different than the dreamer in us, and the ego manifesting through the sleeper in us seems to act different from both the waking and dream-state in us.

Chakras:

•Sahasrara
•Ajna or the Bow
•Cervicial or Vishudha Ckara located in the spine, opposite to the throat.
•Dorsal or Anahata Chakra located in the spine, opposite to the heart.
•Lumber or Manipur Chakara located in the spine, opposite to the naval.
•Sacral or Savdhirthan Chakra located in the spine, opposite to the generative organs.
•Coccygeal or Mooldhar (pronounced Mooldhaar) Chakara located at the base of the spine.

Kundilini :

The lowest of the subtle centers is the coccygeal center, which is located at the bottom of the spine. As mentioned by the Yogis, all the subtle powers of consciousness and life force flowing downward from the higher centers into the coccygeal center come into physical manifestation through the channel of this lower center. As the life force flows outward from the coccygeal center, it creates and sustains the region of flesh, bones, blood, marrow, organs, nerves, veins, arteries, glands, muscles, skin, and so forth.

According to the Yogis, Kundilini is this coiled (entangled) creative life force at the base of astral spine (Mooldhar center). Due to its coiled form of a sleeping serpent, it is symbolized as a snake. When this life force is allowed to flow down due to mental delusion, its stinging venom causes the man to enjoy evil passions such as Kaam, Krodh, and so on.

Irhaa, Pingla, Sushumanaa, "sun" and "moon":

For better understanding and appreciation of the use of the names "sun" and "moon", a brief backdrop of Yogic beliefs and practices is as follows. There are thousands of nerve fibers or energy channels of the inner or subtle body of man known as Naarhees or "conduits". These interconnect the Chakras or subtle energy centers of the man's body. Of these, the three main Naarhees are Irhaa, Pingla and Sushumanaa.

Also known as Chandra, Chand or Sasee ("moon"), Irhaa is said to be positive life current and flows downward, ending on the left side of the body. Yogis believe this life current to be feminine in nature and is the channel of physical-emotional energy. Pingla — also known as Sooriya, Soor or Sooraj ("sun") — is said to be negative life current and flows upward, ending on the right side of the body. Yogis believe this current to be masculine in nature and is the channel of intellectual-mental energy. Both Irhaa and Pingla are auxiliary of the Sushumanaa.

The Sushumanaa is mentioned by the Yogis to be the major nerve current which passes through the spinal column from the Mooldhar Chakra or coccygeal center at the base, to the Sahasraara at the crown of the head. Irhaa and Pingla are the two primary Naarhees of the astral sympathetic nervous system feeding into and out of the main current of Sushumanaa. Within the Sushumanaa is the second astral spine called Vajra, which extends upward from the Savdhirthan Chakra, or sacral center. The Vajra provides the power of expansion, contraction, and all activities of motion of the astral body. Within the Vajra is hidden the Chitra astral spine, which controls the spiritual activities related to the Consciousness. The astral brain or Sahasraara controls the activities of the Sushumanaa (including Vajra and Chitra).

As mentioned by the Yogis, Sushumanaa is the channel of Kundilini energy. When Kundilini energy flows downward into the body it enlivens the sense faculties. But, it bestows Spiritual Enlightenment when the flow is reversed and uplifted to the Sahasraara. Through Yoga practices, the Yogis believe the Kundilini energy lying dormant in the Mooldhar Chakra in a coiled form is awakened and made to rise up Sushumanaa channel through each Chakra to the Sahasraara Chakra. Upon awakening of the pure Kundilini force by the Yogi, it rises to the brain (Sahasraara) and is transformed into the Bliss of Spirit, Spiritual Enlightenment, Soul-vision or God-realization! This is the crux of the matter.

The Gurbani on Kundilini

The Gurbani differs with the Yogis. The following all verses of the Gurbani are addressed to the Yogis to enlighten them by removing their doubts and illusion.

The Gurbani indicates the Kundilini uncoils (disentangles, rises, awakens, enlightens, untied, etc.) in the Satsangat. Now, what's Satsangat? Essentially, when the mind has linked (Sangi) with Sat (Truth), that is Satsangat. Obviously the hint here is toward the twisted Budhi (intellect), deluded Budhi, corrupted Budhi, coiled or entangled Budhi, ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਵਿਰਤੀ, ਸਾਕਤ ਵਿਰਤੀ, ਮਾਇਆਧਾਰੀ ਵਿਰਤੀ, and so on.

The Gurbani indicates that such twisted or coiled Budhi becomes uncoiled or disentangled in the Satsangat. In other words, "Kundilini" (ਮਨ ਦੇ ਵੱਟ-twists or crookedness of the mind) becomes untangled when it links or associate with Sat (or Truth, which is its Mool, Source, Origin - Joti-Svaroopa...).

•ਕੁੰਡਲਨੀ ਸੁਰਝੀ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਪਰਮਾਨੰਦ ਗੁਰੂ ਮੁਖਿ ਮਚਾ ॥: Kundilini surjhi sat sangat parmanand guru mukhi machaa: Through the association with Sat (Truth) - Satsangat - the Kundilini unentangles; through the Word of the Guroo, they enjoy the Supreme Bliss. (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 1402).

•ਰਾਮਕਲੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥ ਖਟੁ ਮਟੁ ਦੇਹੀ ਮਨੁ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ॥ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸਬਦੁ ਧੁਨਿ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਜਾਗੀ ॥ ਵਾਜੈ ਅਨਹਦੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਲੀਣਾ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਬਚਨੀ ਸਚਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਪਤੀਣਾ ॥੧॥...: Raamkalee Mahalaa 1 || Khatu matu dehee manu bairaagee. Surti Sabad dhuni antar jaagee. Vaajai anahad meraa manu leenaa. Gur bachanee sach naam pateenaa ||1||...: Raamkalee Mahalaa 1. (O Yogi, by surrendering to the Guru, my) six chakra (or rings) of body have become my monastary (ਮੱਠ). (Becoming stable in this monastery) my mind has become detached. (The Guru's) Shabad has been awakened deep within my Surti (Awareness, etc.). The unstruck melody of the sound current resonates and resounds within; my mind is attuned to it (ਉਸ ਵਿਚ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨ ਮਸਤ ਹੋ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ). Through the Guru's Teachings, (now my mind) is pleased with (used to, attuned to, imbued to, etc.) the True Name (of the Lord). ||1||... (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 903).

The Gurbani time and again recommends Satsang or Saadhsangat to sweep our "filthy" minds clean and remove our ignorance, doubts and illusions. Our minds are closed (blind, ignorant...), but Bhagti (Naam-Simran, Aatm-Giaan...) opens them up and bestows upon one self-control and mental purity necessary for awakening Kundilini. Without the mind being linked to the Truth or Pure Factor (Sat or Saadhoo within, Nij Ghar, Mool - Joti-Svaroopa), the "moss" of doubts and illusion cannot be removed.

•ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਬਿਨਾ ਭਾਉ ਨਹੀ ਊਪਜੈ ਭਾਵ ਬਿਨੁ ਭਗਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਹੋਇ ਤੇਰੀ ॥: Saadh sangati binaa bhaayu nahi oopjai bhaav binu bhagati nahee hoyi teree: Without the Saadhsangat, love for God does not well up; without this love, Bhagti cannot be performed (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 694).

•ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਭਗਤਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸਾਧੂ ਸੰਗਿ ਸਮਾਈ ॥੪॥੧੨॥੫੧॥: Prema bhagati Nanak sukhu paaiaa saadhoo sangi samaaee ||4||12||51: O Nanak! Through Prema-Bhagti I have obtained Sukha (Peace, ਆਤਮਕ ਆਨੰਦ); I remain absorbed in the "Saadhoo Sang". ||4||12||51|| (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 384).

•ਭਈ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਮਾਨੁਖ ਦੇਹੁਰੀਆ ॥ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਮਿਲਣ ਕੀ ਇਹ ਤੇਰੀ ਬਰੀਆ ॥ ਅਵਰਿ ਕਾਜ ਤੇਰੈ ਕਿਤੈ ਨ ਕਾਮ ॥ ਮਿਲੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਭਜੁ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮ ॥੧॥: Bhaee praapat maanukh dehureeaa. Gobind milan kee ih teree bareeaa. Avar kaaj terai kitai n kaam. Mil saadh sangat bhaj keval Naam ||1||: This human body has been given to you. This is your chance to meet God. (If no effort is put forward to Realize God, then) all other efforts (work, ਉੱਦਮ) will be of no use (to your Soul). (Therefore) merge with the Saadhsangt and contemplate the Naam (Gur- or Aatm-Giaan...) alone ||1|| (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 12).

The state of awakened Kundilini is essentially synonymous to many terms such as Opening of Dasam Duar or the Tenth Gate, Self-realization, Realization of the Spirit, Enlightenment, inverted heart-lotus turning upright, hearing of Panch Shabad or Anhad Naad or Anaahat Naad, attainment of Eternal Bliss, Being established in the "True House", liberation from the three modes of Maya, Jeevanmukti (to become liberated while living), Complete absorption in devotion or Bhakti, attainment of Fourth State (Chauthaa Pada, or Turiyaa Avasthaa), Divine Union or Yoga, and so on.

The Gurbani and Irhaa, Pingalaa and Shushumanaa:

The Gurbani also differs with the Yogis about Irhaa, Pingalaa and Shushumanaa arteries or Narhee (also spelt ida, ira, pinglaa, sushumana, shushmana, etc.). That is, contrary to the Yogis claim, the Gurbani says these three Narhee - Irhaa, Pingalaa and Shushumanaa - dwell in one place.

•ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਅਉਰ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਤੀਨਿ ਬਸਹਿ ਇਕ ਠਾਈ ॥ ਬੇਣੀ ਸੰਗਮੁ ਤਹ ਪਿਰਾਗੁ ਮਨੁ ਮਜਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਤਿਥਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਸੰਤਹੁ ਤਹਾ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਰਾਮੁ ਹੈ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਗਮਿ ਚੀਨੈ ਬਿਰਲਾ ਕੋਇ ॥ ਤਹਾਂ ਨਿਰੰਜਨੁ ਰਮਈਆ ਹੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: Irhaa Pingulaa aour sukhamanaa teeni basahi ik thaaee ||..: (Who has Realized the Lord, for him the energy channels of the) Irhaa, Pingalaa and Shushumanaa dwell in one place. (Also, for him) this is the true place of Tribeni (confluence of the three rivers) and Priyag this is where his mind takse its cleansing bath. ||1|| O Saints! The Immaculate (free from Maya) Lord dwells in that State (or awakens within the), (but) rare one who goes to the Guru Gur Gami) Realizes that State. ||1||Pause|| (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 974).

•ਅਖੰਡ ਮੰਡਲ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਮਹਿ ਅਨਹਦ ਬੇਨੁ ਬਜਾਵਉਗੋ ॥੧॥ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ਰਾਮਹਿ ਗਾਵਉਗੋ ॥ ਸਬਦਿ ਅਤੀਤ ਅਨਾਹਦਿ ਰਾਤਾ ਆਕੁਲ ਕੈ ਘਰਿ ਜਾਉਗੋ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਅਉਰੁ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਪਉਨੈ ਬੰਧਿ ਰਹਾਉਗੋ ॥ ਚੰਦੁ ਸੂਰਜੁ ਦੁਇ ਸਮ ਕਰਿ ਰਾਖਉ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਜੋਤਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਜਾਉਗੋ ॥੨॥: Akhand mandall nirankaar mahi anahd ben bajaavougo ...: (By being established) in the imperishable (indivisible Consciousness) realm of the Formless Lord, I play the flute of the unstruck sound current (of the Beloved)||1||. Becoming detached, I sing the Lord's Praises. Through the (Gur) Shabad, becoming detached, I am established in the All-pervading and In destructible God ||1|| Pause ||. I have controlled the restless mind (which is akin to wind); (this is my practice of) Irhaa, Pingalaa and Shushumanaa. I look upon both the moon and the sun as the same, (because) I aml merged in the Light of the Lord.||2|| (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 973).

•ਤ੍ਰੈ ਸਤ ਅੰਗੁਲ ਵਾਈ ਅਉਧੂ ਸੁੰਨ ਸਚੁ ਆਹਾਰੋ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬੋਲੈ ਤਤੁ ਬਿਰੋਲੈ ਚੀਨੈ ਅਲਖ ਅਪਾਰੋ ॥ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਗੁਣ ਮੇਟੈ ਸਬਦੁ ਵਸਾਏ ਤਾ ਮਨਿ ਚੂਕੈ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੋ ॥ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣੈ ਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਲਗੈ ਪਿਆਰੋ ॥ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਬੂਝੈ ਜਾ ਆਪੇ ਅਲਖੁ ਲਖਾਏ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਹੁ ਤੇ ਊਪਰਿ ਸਾਚਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਮਾਏ ॥੬੦॥: Trai Sat angul vaaee audhoo sunn sach aahaao ...: (O Yogi!) Name of the True, Absolute Lord (Aatm-Giaan) is the food or support of the exhaled ten-finger-lenght breath (Praana). By becoming a Gurmukh (follower of the Truth, etc.), one churns the Essence (meditates on the Naam, the Lord's Name, with each breath) comes to understand the Reality, and realizes the Unseen, the Infinite. When one enshrines the Shabad (Atam-Giaan, etc.) within, he eradicates (spell of) the three qualities of Maya from his mind, and then his mind is rid of egotism. In this way, inside and out, when he knows the One Lord alone; he is said to be in love with the Divine Name. When the imperceptible Lord reveals Himself (to who has become the Gurmukh), then (the Gurmukh) understands the Sushumanaa, Irhaa and Pingalaa; he understand that the True Lord is above (the practice of these Sushumanaa, Irhaa and Pingalaa). (The way to) merge in Him is through the Shabad of the Satigur. ||60|| (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 944).

•ਐਸਾ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਕਥੈ ਬਨਵਾਰੀ ॥ ਮਨ ਰੇ ਪਵਨ ਦ੍ਰਿੜੁ ਸੁਖਮਨ ਨਾਰੀ ॥: Aisaa giyan kathai banbaaree. Mann re pavan drirh sukhman naaree: Such is the Spiritual Wisdom which God Himself imparts. O mind, meditate on Divine Name (Aatm-Giaan...) every breath; make this the practice of your Sushumanaa Naarhee (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 327).

The Gurbani and the Chakras:

•ਉਲਟਤ ਪਵਨ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਖਟੁ ਭੇਦੇ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸੁੰਨ ਅਨਰਾਗੀ ॥ ਆਵੈ ਨ ਜਾਇ ਮਰੈ ਨ ਜੀਵੈ ਤਾਸੁ ਖੋਜੁ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ॥੧॥ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਮਨ ਹੀ ਉਲਟਿ ਸਮਾਨਾ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਅਕਲਿ ਭਈ ਅਵਰੈ ਨਾਤਰੁ ਥਾ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: Ultat pawan chakra khat bhede surti sun anuraagee ||1||. Aavai na jaai marai na jeevai taas khoj bairaagee. Mere mann mann hee ulati samaanaa ||1|| Rahaaou ||. Gur parsaad akal bhaee avarai naatar thaa begaana: I reversed or turned my mind away (from its perversions, wanderings, Bikaar, etc.: Ulatat Pavan) ||1||. By doing so, the six Chakras of the body (as mentioned by the Yogis) stand pierced; and my Awareness then becomes centered in the Spiritual Silence (no Mayaic thoughts). (O Yogi!) Search for the One who does not come or go, who does not die and is not born. My mind has turned away (from the world or evil passions...), and now it's absorbed in the Mind or God. By the Grace of the Satguru (Giaan), my understanding has been changed; otherwise, I was totally ignorant||1|| Pause || (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 333).

The Gurbani and the "Sun" and the "Moon" Channels
•ਰਵਿ ਸਸਿ ਲਉਕੇ ਇਹੁ ਤਨੁ ਕਿੰਗੁਰੀ ਵਾਜੈ ਸਬਦੁ ਨਿਰਾਰੀ ॥: Ravi sasi louke ihu tanu kingaree vaajai sabad niraaree: (O Yogi!) make this body the harp, and the right and left nostrils — the "sun" and the "moon" channels — the strings of this body-harp; then vibrate the wondrous melody of the Shabad (Naam-Aatam-Giaan...) within (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji 907 ).

— T. Singh
www.gurbani.org

source:
http://www.gurbani.org/articles/webart6.htm

SUGGESTED READING:

1. Your Aura & Your Chakras, ( The Owner's Manual ) - author: Karla McLaren
2. Kundalini Awakening ( A gentle guide to Chakras Activation & Spiritual Growth - author: Jonh Selby

The blessed Souls who have progressed & achieved success in in the above areas, as a general spiritual rule, DO NOT discuss their personal experiences, but only the knowledge on the topics! The key to spiritual life path is: TOTAL faith, will power & limitless patience!

Harbhajan S. Sangha
(Soul_jyot)

OSingh

SPNer
Jul 14, 2011
Gurmat does not subscribe to Kandalni yoga or yoga mat in general. One may do exercise to maintain a healthy body. Those that practise this kundalni yoga have taken Gurbani panktis out of context just as Sanatan Sikhs have. You have to look at words in Gurbani in CONTEXT.
I'm sure Giani Jarnail Singh ji can shed more light on the difference between Gurmat and Yog mat. Sure one can do exercise, eat healthily etc to maintain a healthy body which is in line with Gurmat. But 'releasing kundalni' is not Gurmat. A Gursikh doesn't focus on releasing 'kundalni', 'aura', 'chakras' whatever.

Gurmukhs focus on meeting their preetam pyare by maintaining rehat, abhiyaas of bani and Naam, amritvela.

Suniai, Sidh Peer Sur Naath.

Bhagats (Gursikhs),that listen to dhun (sound) of Naam, attain the level of siddhas, pirs, devte, naaths.

Gursikhs do not have to practise yoga, kundalni, visit teeraths, etc. Salvation lies within. Those who have faith in dhur kee bani, will not practise mat, techniques of other faiths, whats the point, we have the ultimate khazana (treasure) given to us by Guru Sahiban, dhan dhan sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

By the way the above panktis quoted have been taken totally out of context to 'fit in' with the thinking of Sikhs that practise yoga.

As far as Gurmat is concerned, reading books of bhai sahib Randhir Singh ji makes many things clear. Knowledge of Gurbani viakaran (grammer) is a must. Bhai Sahib has proven the path of Gurmat is unique. At least read the the meanings of these panktis done by Professor Sahib Singh ji. These English translations are not right. To understand Gurbani one must be able to read Gurmukhi, one cannot rely on English translations.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

passingby

SPNer
Nov 20, 2010
I have never believed for one moment that those certain sikh sects who practice kundalini awakening have actually experience kundalini awakening at all. As before I again re-iterate my belief that to achieve anything in spiritual realms requires complete immersion and dedication to a path. You cannot achieve anything by just being 'fascinated' by something. 'Fascination' is not enough!

If one chooses to follow path of kundalini awakening one may do so but keep in mind it is NOT the path of Gurmat.
'Activating chakras', 'uncoiling of the serpent', 'third eye' etc are all very attracting to a young person newly introduced to this world. But I don't think any beyond-ordinary energy rising or unleashing in the fine sheaths of body is possible with anything shy of complete lifelong dedication. When I say this it automatically implies that I do believe that these mysterious energies do exist. And whereas for many years I flirted with these ideas, I finally abandoned them when I realised that I am just being stupid. My Guru's path is different, its path of Simran and love.

If I were to know the head of institution directly do I need to bother with superintendent or a clerk? So if I am able to please Guru Nanak would there be anything left lacking?
Trust your Guru, trust that walking his path would be enough. All these things are not cheap items bought from Dollorama. We are talking of deepest experiences possible. Explore, mature and realize the futility of futile things.
I find that I am not able to take out one hour consistently for any practice and yet I entertain ideas of becoming this and that. Its all my stupid ego wandering and it finally just tires out my nerves.
I am reminded of an urdu couplet:

Na Khuda hi mila na visaal-e-sanam,
Na idhar ke rahe na udhar ke rahe

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Thanks for providing the Gurbani tuks soul_jyot ji... very much appreciated.

Regarding the realization of energy centers, this reminded me of an audio by Bhai Sant Singh Maskeen Ji... wanted to post it here, but couldnt find it though.

Anyways, Gurus have given a clear direction to live with Rehat Maryada while staying immersed in sewa and simran. So let us try to stay focussed.

Warm Regards.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: