Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

General Kara

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by Visitor, Jun 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Visitor

Visitor
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I am wondering, can anyone tell me where to get a kara? I am looking for one that is inscribed with the first part of the japji Sahib. Can you find them like this or do you need to get it inscribed afterward. I am in the UK.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Original Karam And Reciprocal Karam . How Does One Know ? Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jan 22, 2017
    Jaskaran Singh Bhamaddi Joins Sikh Philosophy Network! New SPN'ers Dec 16, 2016
    Protective Cushion For My Kara Questions & Answers Sep 19, 2016
    KARAMPAL SINGH Joins Sikh Philosophy Network! New SPN'ers Aug 27, 2016
    Interfaith Anand Karaj / Lavan Love & Marriage Aug 22, 2016

3. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Visitor,

You can google "kara" and find some places to buy them. Most people get them at gurdwara. However there are many you can buy online. I cannot according to forum rules tell you where, because commercial ads in the discussion section of the forum are forbidden. Send me a pm and I will give you a link. Just watch out for auctions where they are horribly overpriced.

4. svea00

svea00
    Expand Collapse
    SPN Sewadaar
    SPNer Supporter

Visitor Ji!

I purchased mine at "sikh kara" shop on ebay. They have the largest selection and I remember them having engrave karas too. They´ll send directly from Amritsar, quick and good quality.
    Hope you find one there.

5. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

Jios,

We are trying to avoid mentioning the names of commercial sources in the discussion forums. Our advertisers pay to be listed. Just a kind reminder. Thank you.

Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...     Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution