• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Canada Justin Trudeau Celebrated Vaisakhi With Sikh Canadians

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau took time on Monday to celebrate the Sikh spring harvest festival Vaisakhi with fellow Canadians on Ottawa's Parliament Hill.

Trudeau posted pictures of the joint celebration on his official Facebook page, thanking Sikhs for their contribution to the country.

"Great to be at Vaisakhi on the Hill today!" the prime minister wrote. "I'm proud to celebrate the remarkable contributions of Sikh Canadians."

Just when you thought he couldn't get any hotter, he goes and does this:

Trudeau.jpg

Trudeau's participation in the celebration sends a strong message to a community that has historically been the target of discrimination across North America — in 2008, for example, a student in New Jersey set fire to a Sikh student's turban.

So, if you weren't thirsty for him before, this'll probably seal the deal.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
On the far left is Jodh Singh Khalsa, an American Sikh from Boston who is a very talented craftsman. He makes great Kirpans and other Sikhi, Kundalini related stuff

I have a Khalsa kirpan :) And I have gifted several of the 6" ones which are mosaic work mother of pearl and abalone. (Gave one to my Mother in Law all white mother of pearl kirpan). His kirpans are the real deal, like not dull just for looks, they are actual blades and fully balanced.

Edit: They were NOT inexpensive in case anyone was wondering LOL. But it certainly put me in the good books with my Mother-in-Law!

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM