• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

June (2)

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Everything is pretty much back to normal again, my unkempt beard is back, all my old habits are back, the aftershaves and smart clothes all boxed away, there is no one in my head anymore, just me, I'm happy again, but if that was love, then it is a gilded cage, yet what a cage, never before have I been in such bondage, yet been so happy, and even now, although I do not have the same moments of happiness or pleasure, I have freedom, which is the ultimate , but then, was it actually love, can love really manifest itself in all its glory in a few months? what about all the songs, all the films, what about Romeo and Juliet, what about the words in every heartbreaking love song,

infatuation
ɪnˌfatʃʊˈeɪʃ(ə)n,ɪnˌfatjʊˈeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
plural noun: infatuations
  1. an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something.
    "he had developed an infatuation with the girl"
    synonyms: passion for, love for, adoration of, desire for, fondness for, feeling for, regard for, devotion to, penchant for, preoccupation with, obsession with, fixation with, craze for, mania for, addiction to
So every love song, every love film where strangers fall in love, was really about infatuation?

I give up, I concede to having little idea of what love actually is, clearly it requires a cool mind, a thoughtful mind, patience, understanding, caring, but that in itself already negates what I thought was love, maybe love is just the lowest common denominator of the best that two people feel, can love be bad for you?

NOUN LOVE
mass noun
  • 1An intense feeling of deep affection.

‘babies fill parents with feelings of love’

‘their love for their country’
    1. 1.1 A strong feeling of affection and sexual attraction for someone.
      ‘they were both in love with her’

‘we were slowly falling in love’

n
one of these work for me, i mean what the hell is deep affection?

affection
əˈfɛkʃ(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    a gentle feeling of fondness or liking.
so love is a strong gentle feeling of fondness of liking

hmm but a strong gentle feeling of fondness or liking does not really encapsulate love, is it stars in the sky? is it undramatic and reliable? is it boring? is it exciting? is it dangerous for the self?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM