• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Jewels And Precious Metals In Sikhism

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thank you Aad Ji, the link above needs to be read thoroughly. Allow me to ask more questions from this material.

NamJap ji -- Yes I understand. Just posted it because I thought forum members would find it interesting and relevant to the discussion. Was not intending you should read and respond.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Ek Musafir Ji, I thank you for your intuitive wisdom.
Tell me, while I'm going thru this unlearning if this phrase is worth keeping or to discard it as well :

"When the Chela is ready, the Master appears."

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Jios,

So are we concluding that the written word of the sadhu is as good as the sadhu in the physical embodiment ??? Well that's what is discussed here. Because, as ek musafir ji has mentioned, whatever will happen, will happen within one's self.

The rest of the journey is yours and how you treavel it. Whatever happens, it will happen within you not from anyone outside. Therefore have no fear. Read Anand Sahib for your answers and peace of mind.
This kind of confirms that the sadhu comes from within one's self. I don't know if it implies that one eventually becomes the sadhu or the inner vision of a sadhu accompanies us in our inner journey.

Not sure !!!!

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
So the map to find the jewels is a journey to the center of the being.

Page 2, Line 12
ਮਤਿ ਵਿਚਿ ਰਤਨ ਜਵਾਹਰ ਮਾਣਿਕ ਜੇ ਇਕ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਸਿਖ ਸੁਣੀ ॥
मति विचि रतन जवाहर माणिक जे इक गुर की सिख सुणी ॥
Maṯ vicẖ raṯan javāhar māṇik je ik gur kī sikẖ suṇī.
Within the mind are gems, jewels and rubies, if you listen to the Guru's Teachings, even once.
Guru Nanak Dev - view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok
....................................................................................

Page 59, Line 9
ਲਾਲ ਜਵੇਹਰ ਮਾਣਕੀ ਗੁਰ ਭੰਡਾਰੈ ਸੋਇ ॥੨॥
लाल जवेहर माणकी गुर भंडारै सोइ ॥२॥
Lāl javehar māṇkī gur bẖandārai so▫e. ||2||
The rubies, jewels and emeralds are in the Guru's Treasury. ||2||
Guru Nanak Dev - view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok

.........................................................................................

All the above might seem simple to understand, but who knows what snares are present. Only a person who has treaded this path can give the instructions. Please explain.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: