• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

It's all a pretty lie

Ryrtt

SPNer
Jan 31, 2020
Hey guys, all your replies on my last thread made me feel a bit better but still after a lot of talk I couldn't convince my parents. Hopefully, next year when I leave for college I'll be able to get a cut. I know it's really petty of me to crib about such a small thing but tbh it's all just bubbling up inside me and it's no longer a small thing to me. I love the religion and it's concept but I have started to feel suffocated and living like that isn't getting me any closer to god either. My only issue is that like the last time, I hope they don't come after me cause I know once I cut my hair they'll get furious. No disrespect to Sikhism. It's a great religion and when I feel like I'm able to understand it, I'll surely try becoming a part again.

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
Hey guys, all your replies on my last thread made me feel a bit better but still after a lot of talk I couldn't convince my parents. Hopefully, next year when I leave for college I'll be able to get a cut. I know it's really petty of me to crib about such a small thing but tbh it's all just bubbling up inside me and it's no longer a small thing to me. I love the religion and it's concept but I have started to feel suffocated and living like that isn't getting me any closer to god either. My only issue is that like the last time, I hope they don't come after me cause I know once I cut my hair they'll get furious. No disrespect to Sikhism. It's a great religion and when I feel like I'm able to understand it, I'll surely try becoming a part again.
While Hair is an important part in Sikhi.....
I just wish people started it with Love, patience and compassion instead of Hair, Kudta and Payjama....

rupinderjit

Writer
SPNer
Feb 18, 2019
I can relate a bit with you but the only difference is that instead of my parents it was the religious guilt that kept me from cutting my hair.i was confused and sad but at the end I did cut and still have cut hair. I do my path whenever possible, try to be a good person and i would prefer to go slowly on the path of religion than running and getting tired and giving up forever at the end.
this is very hard for me to give you advice about your parents but maybe it is important to let them know that this pressure of keeping uncut hair is affecting you and maybe your mental health, and in no way is it bringing you closer to Guru or God but maybe pushing you away. Guru and God is Nirwair He loves everyone unconditionally!!
I just hope your parents try to help you instead of pressurize you.
take care.

Sikhilove1

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2019

You should do what you want. Spirituality isn’t about rigidity and rituals, it’s about True Love.

Go with the flow, be a good soul, love beyond reason, be Free and you will be fine.

Ram_Muni

SPNer
Mar 9, 2021
Instead of cutting your hair why don't you get dreadlocks? Your hair wont be cut maybe your parents wont object. It's hard, but you have to make the choice yourself and live with the results. No one here can guide you to a path that results in an outcome that you haven't already imagined I'm sure. At the end of the day, no father is going to listen to a son teach them how to make babies.

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Your confidence in Sikhism will come only when you understand and live Sikhism. Gurbani is so complete guide that will make you at peace and lead you to a better life. Your primary requirement is to read and understands Gurbani. You can start with Japuji. Read, Understand and then live.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: