• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Islamic (Shariah) Law: 17 Young Sikhs On Death Row In Dubai

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Islamic (Shariah) Law: 17 Young Sikhs on Death row in Dubai

Islamic (Shariah) Law: 17 Young Sikhs on Death row in Dubai - Atlas Shrugs

The jihad continues .... The persecution and death of millions of Hindus, Sikhs, Jews, Christians ......... continues apace after a millennium of jihad wars, cultural annihilation, enslavements under sharia law. The relentless jihad in India ........centuries of rivers of blood.
"Moderate" Dubai...............

DEATH ROW SIKHS CASE ADJOURNED Judge rules Sikhs must understand charges made against them

A Sharjah court in the United Arab Emirates has adjourned the trial for seventeen men from the Sikh community who have been sentenced to death, as the appeal to save their lives commenced today.

On the 16th June another hearing will be made; Judge Yunis Al-Reda will now hear the appeal once all court proceedings and reports of the case against the accused have been formally translated into Punjabi. In police custody, the men have been subjected to torture methods and other human rights violations. According to the LFHRI (Lawyers for Human Rights International) ‘The Sikh religion has been mocked and slandered.

The lawyers who spoke to the tortured men heard how the officials in Sharjah jail made the prisoners stamp on religious bracelets and necklaces until they broke into pieces, then torment the men about ‘what their God is doing for them.’

The Indian embassy has assured that they will supply a translation of the documents within a week. Up until now, none of the young boys held in custody have been given information about the case against them in the language they understand. The Emirati lawyer who originally represented the seventeen, did not mention to the court anything about the torture they boys were subjected to. In the original court case where the death penalty was given to all men, the trial proceedings were translated from Arabic into Hindi, which the men did not understand.

Sikhs around the world have been pushing for a fair trial, to implement basic human rights. Over 10,000 Sikhs gathered opposite Downing Street on the 16th May to support these Sikhs and to urge the British Government to ensure that these boys have a fair trial, and all evidence against the accused is made available. The young men aged between 21 and 25 are migrant workers from India. They moved to Dubai in search of work to send money back to their loved ones in Punjab. Dubai, a luxury paradise has been built by the hands of men such as these. The families of the seventeen men contest their innocence and have appealed to the Indian Government to step in and repatriate the men back to India. Judge Yunis Al-Reda has ruled the appeal proceedings in Court will continue on the 16th June, once the seventeen young men have been given access to hear the evidence and understand the case against them in a language they understand, Punjabi. This gives the Sikh community and human rights activists time to put pressure on the judicial, to ensure these young boys are freed and sent back to their loving families in India.

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
I live in Kuwait and run a company. Quite a few times I have noticed Judiciary in Kuwait is not biased towards non-muslims and render justice. May be these people were not able to present their case well hence this situation. Now since lawyers have taken up the case, let us pray justice is not denied to them.
Best regards

Aug 6, 2006
SSA,
Rightly stated by Japujisahib04, The Laws at UAE are different then the laws in other countries, yes shariah laws are applied in all arab countries. While making judgements they try not to be biased. I personally know about one case where a sikh was murdered by a bangladeshi muslim and the killer was awarded death senrence. In case of 17 sikhs they could not have been able to express themselves perfectly. As far are the non availabilty of punjabi translators ( in police stations or courts) is talked about, there are translators in the courts. As I said earlier, now lawers are handling the case for these 17 youths, they are proffesionals and they know what they are commenting and why.
We should refrain from making any annoying statements and let the team of lawers deal with the situation as they are expert in shariah law.
All what we can do is to pray for their release and to keep reminding GOI to keep the efforts on to save these youths.
If we are right surely waheguru ji will help us.
Roopsidhu

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
roopsidhu ji is correct. The court has delayed its proceedings pending an investigation of the events surrounding the arrest of the men. Specifically to know if they understand the charges against them. And therefore whether they would be able to defend themselves accordingly. The article about the court stay was published about 3 days ago.

Aug 6, 2006
SSA,
Yes we all feel that shariah laws should not be implemented on non muslims but that is not the case an islamic countries. And may be this is not going to change in near future. All other national of different religions such as American, canadian, britishers and all europeans are judged by shariah law at UAE.
Let's hope that during the appeal court hearing the truth will come up and the innocent youths will be set free. Even if that will not be the case, still there is lot to hope for the best, at Sharjah most of the death sentences were reduced to imprisoment in the past years. Also if the family of the victom will agree to pardon the death panility can be waived.
God will protect the innicents.
Roopsidhu

lionsingh

SPNer
Nov 7, 2010
SHOULD NOT be implemented on any human. BARBARIC Islamofascism !!!

Have you seen stoning ????

Sharia is Nazism..In fact wors:angrymunda:e.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
SHOULD NOT be implemented on any human. BARBARIC Islamofascism !!!

Have you seen stoning ????

Sharia is Nazism..In fact wors:angrymunda:e.

There are several videos of stonings on the Net. They are horrific and just plain wrong. It is difficult for me to see how anyone could in any way condone or accept this barbarity.

I do my best to be tolerant and accepting of the religious beliefs of others, but here I draw the line. I cannot and will not condone torture, which is one part of what stoning is.

With some reluctance, I add this link which shows a cellphone record of a taliban stoning of a Pakistani woman. It is graphic and disturbing, but I hope the Moderators leave it here. It makes the point better than anything else could.

Viewer discretion is advised. In other words, don't look at it if you do not have the stomach for it. spnadmin

LiveLeak.com - Video Shows Taliban Stoning Woman To Death In Pakistan (Warning: Graphic)

But to get back to the topic, I do not believe these young men are being threatened with stoning, are they?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
roopsidhu ji is correct. The court has delayed its proceedings pending an investigation of the events surrounding the arrest of the men. Specifically to know if they understand the charges against them. And therefore whether they would be able to defend themselves accordingly. The article about the court stay was published about 3 days ago.

I believe the update on this is that the family of the victim was given the option of seeking monetary compensation in lieu of execution of the young men accused. This is also consistent with Sharia law.

Does Sharia law provide a similar alternative for a woman destined to be killed for "dishonouring" her family, in countries where Sharia is embedded in the legal system? I am not aware that there is a similar alternative.

Stoning is not an "official" form of capital punishment in every Muslim county, but it is true of some.

Final point. Stoning is an official form of capital punishment in Afghanistan, Iran, Nigeria and Saudi Arabia. This video was filmed in Taliban controlled terrain. Here the situation is even more difficult to grasp- if it is possible to grasp any of this - because the decision to stone the woman was made according to gang mentality disguised as a legal act sanctioned by religion.

The discussion of stoning is BTW off topic. So let's not do that and find a better thread to have this discussion.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
People who do that cannot possibly be God-loving. It is their sense of power that drives them yellingsardarni

Does anyone know what happened to the 17 young men in the initial article?

Amnesty International has taken up their case. And as of November 5, there is this news

Continuation of Appeal Hearing
Thursday, December 16, 2010 at 5:00am
Sharajh Court of Appeal UAE

according to a group page on facebook.

Aug 6, 2006
SSA,
The case of the 17 youths is in appeal court and the hearing of the witnesses has been started. 5th nov was the last hearing. It seems that the current proceedings in the appeal court are quite promising for the boys. Lets hope that the justic will be done.
Roopsidhu

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
SSA,
The case of the 17 youths is in appeal court and the hearing of the witnesses has been started. 5th nov was the last hearing. It seems that the current proceedings in the appeal court are quite promising for the boys. Lets hope that the justic will be done.
Roopsidhu

Let us pray that justice is more just there than in India and a little swifter.

Aug 6, 2006
SSA,
Mai ji, you are right we must pray for the justice. Many organisations and Indian consulate at Dubai are following this case. Some societies are doing their best for this cause and even are taking care of the 17 youths families at India. I personally attend all the hearings at Sharjah Appeal court. We all are trying our bests to help these youths.
Mai ji, it may sound little of the topic but we must have to see the root cause of these problems. The Number of total Punjabis sentenced to death at UAE are much more in various cases. But all the cases relates to the illigal alcohol trade and gang wars.
Being punjabis we have to, and we are trying to save these boys, but at the same time a lot more is needed to be done to ensure that more youths are not getting involved into this type of circumstances.
Roopsidhu

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM