• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is The Bible The Word Of God ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
Since the moderator mocked, that the thread title does not correspond to the issues debated at the other thread, i opened this one, and ask to continue the debate here.

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
My Dear Kairos Ji

I can see nothing further to debate as we have been going in circles on that thread. (For benefit of those reading this thread, that thread was titled "Why is Sikhism the true religion")

Here's one of my posts from that thread to which you have yet to respond:

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width=""> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by Kairos
the apostle Peter said :

“ Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”

i believe, God provided the precise thought to the human author, and he then wrote it down in terms of his own vocabulary, culture, education, and writing style.

http://www.allabouttruth.org/who-wrote-the-bible.htm

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
I see you have returned to quotes and hyperlinks

In this case, an out of context quote to backup a feeble hypothesis

And where's the holy spirit in all this, which you elaborated on in a recent post about the Gospel of John?

So let me help you out here...from God to scripture perhaps this is what happens:

God tells the Holy Spirit
The Holy spirit tells the human
The human, despite being graced with divine knowledge still chooses to put his own spin on things
All this happens (sometimes decades) after the events (strange how God did not think it appropriate to inspire, despatch the Holy Spirit at the time the events occurred)
and voila, we have the Scriptures

Over time, entire texts are removed, only to be found again centuries later and they appear to offer a different view from the "official" Bible

What complete and utter RUBBISH!

winkingmunda

Bahadar S

SPNer
Nov 15, 2009
United States
Question: Is the Bible the word of God?
Answer: No.

I had a feeling you would do this. You shouldve recieved this message from my fellow members after youve failed to answer questions,and instead of using your own knowledge give us links to other websites.

By creating a new thread it clearly shows that you have no interest in Sikhism rather you want to promote Christianity,and are incapable of answering are questions properly...

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sometimes patience and explaining over and over again does not work. This is a good example. I do agree with Bahadar Singh ji that the thread is nothing more than an end game around a recent decision to clamp down on proselytizing.

This is blatant proselytizing.

The thread is closed. The next thing that will happen Kairos ji is suspension of posting privileges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: