• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Is Sikhnet.com 's Claim Accurate

Veeru

SPNer
Jun 27, 2004
Sikhnet.com claims that it has grown from 1000 visitor per year in 1996 to 2,000,000 a year in 2006.

Please check Related Info for: sikhnet.com/ . It rates website for last 5 years. If anything the traffic is currently going down. Then I don't understand how come they are claiming to serve more people today than last 10 years.

----------------------------------------

Jul 10, 2006
Sikhnet.com claims that it has grown from 1000 visitor per year in 1996 to 2,000,000 a year in 2006.

Please check Related Info for: sikhnet.com/ . It rates website for last 5 years. If anything the traffic is currently going down. Then I don't understand how come they are claiming to serve more people today than last 10 years.

To tell the thruth, I dont see why this is an issue to worry about. I think its marvellous that Sikh sites are making such hits a year!!!..Hurray for Sikhi.!!:D

Personally, I do agree with them getting an increase yearly visitor traffic. They have Mrsikhnet.com, they use to have the wonderful audio Hukumnama translations by Bhai Sukha Singh, they had the youth video competition recently, they also have more traffic generated from their Guru Ram Das tour, kundalini yoga classes, Bhai Gurukha and MrSikhnet himself participating in Sikhi camps in various worldwide locations, their contributions to SikhiWiki.com, Bibi Snatam Kaurs worldwide fame, their discussion forums, their connection to the Khalsa security firm, their connection to the Miri Phiri Acedemy in Punjab and lots lots more I could mention...... THEY ARE FAMOUS!!!!!!!
I myself make daily visits both to sikhnet and mrsikhnet blog thru sikhnet.

Veeru

SPNer
Jun 27, 2004
>>>To tell the thruth, I dont see why this is an issue to worry about.<<<

- Well the reason why it could be an issue is that people need to know the truth - the whole truth nothing but truth...

So if Sikhnet claims something and it's not true, then it become deception, especially when it used to convince people to donate money. That's all...:)

Jul 10, 2006
>>>To tell the thruth, I dont see why this is an issue to worry about.<<<

- Well the reason why it could be an issue is that people need to know the truth - the whole truth nothing but truth...

So if Sikhnet claims something and it's not true, then it become deception, especially when it used to convince people to donate money. That's all...:)

Firstly, do you have prove that there is deception? Personally I dont think there is.!

Secondly, donating to sites that promote Sikhi is a good thing. Absolutely nothing belongs to us at the end of the day. All is Waheguroo's.

Like Gurdwara's, sites like Sikhnet need Sangats funding to run. There are very hard working sevadaars running that site.

If you dont want to donate to them, then dont. Personally, I thing its wrong of you to even publish your post about Sikhnet.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
theres nothing to it....at the rate computers are proliferating..and people "clicking away" with super fast wireless mouses...and duo core quadru core processors..and broadbands with Megabit speeds...200,000,000 visitors is actually on the LOW SIDE...Kudos to Sikhnet...lets not be petty folks...its a free world..donate or dont doante..its your choice..click or dont click..its YOUR MOUSE....I get their mails asking for doantions too...I CLICK..but dont donate..No harm done as far as i am concerned !!

Gyani jarnail Singh

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Gurumustuk Singh has been doing a great job. PCJS ji, if you have question about sikhnet.com, it is better to raise this question there, instead of any speculations here.

Bhull chukk maaf

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM