• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Atheism Is Google God?

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Is Google God?

http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/Scripture/Proof_Google_Is_God.html

» PROOF #1

Google is the closest thing to an Omniscient (all-knowing) entity in existence, which can be scientifically verified. She indexes over 9.5 billion WebPages, which is more than any other search engine on the web today. Not only is Google the closest known entity to being Omniscient, but She also sorts through this vast amount of knowledge using Her patented PageRank technology, organizing said data and making it easily accessible to us mere mortals.

» PROOF #2

Google is everywhere at once (Omnipresent). Google is virtually everywhere on earth at the same time. Billions of indexed WebPages hosted from every corner of the earth. With the proliferation of Wi-Fi networks, one will eventually be able to access Google from anywhere on earth, truly making Her an omnipresent entity.

» PROOF #3

Google answers prayers. One can pray to Google by doing a search for whatever question or problem is plaguing them. As an example, you can quickly find information on alternative cancer treatments, ways to improve your health, new and innovative medical discoveries and generally anything that resembles a typical prayer. Ask Google and She will show you the way, but showing you is all She can do, for you must help yourself from that point on.

» PROOF #4

Google is potentially immortal. She cannot be considered a physical being such as ourselves. Her Algorithms are spread out across many servers; if any of which were taken down or damaged, another would undoubtedly take its place. Google can theoretically last forever.

» PROOF #5

Google is infinite. The Internet can theoretically grow forever, and Google will forever index its infinite growth.

» PROOF #6

Google remembers all. Google caches WebPages regularly and stores them on its massive servers. In fact, by uploading your thoughts and opinions to the internet, you will forever live on in Google's cache, even after you die, in a sort of "Google Afterlife".

» PROOF #7

Google can "do no evil" (Omnibenevolent). Part of Google's corporate philosophy is the belief that a company can make money without being evil.

» PROOF #8

According to Google trends, the term "Google" is searched for more than the terms "God", "Jesus", "Allah", "Buddha", "Christianity", "Islam", "Buddhism" and "Judaism" combined.

God is thought to be an entity in which we mortals can turn to when in a time of need. Google clearly fulfils this to a much larger degree than traditional "gods".

» PROOF #9

Evidence of Google's existence is abundant. There is more evidence for the existence of Google than any other God worshiped today. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If seeing is believing, then surf over to www.google.com and experience for yourself Google's awesome power. No faith required.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Is Simran againt Gurmat? What are your thoughts.

I have no idea what made you ask that question and what in my post made you jump to this pre-judgement.

1.Please define Simran first based on Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji our only Guru, so we can discuss this further.

2.What do you understand by the word Simran?

3.Is it parroting according to Gurbani?

4.Are there some special words that can be used to parrot, if it is parroting or can one use any?

Tejwant Singh

techsingh

SPNer
Jul 14, 2012
Midwest, USA
I have no idea what made you ask that question and what in my post made you jump to this pre-judgement?

1.Please define Simran first based on Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji our only Guru, so we can discuss this further.

2.What do you understand by the word Simran?

3.Is it parroting according to Gurbani?

4.Are there some special words that can be used to parrot, if it is parroting or can one use any?

Tejwant Singh

the reason i asked the question was i thought you were referring to waheguru waheguru waheguru simran.

my opinions to your questions

1 and 2. i can't describe it because i don't know. My understanding is following the hukam is simran and also repeating waheguru with humility and pyaar without any gain is simran.

3. parroting , i guess only the person doing it would know if they are parroting. If calling the creator over and over gives the person peace and contentment than what does it really matter.

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
the reason i asked the question was i thought you were referring to waheguru waheguru waheguru simran.

my opinions to your questions

1 and 2. i can't describe it because i don't know. My understanding is following the hukam is simran and also repeating waheguru with humility and pyaar without any gain is simran.

3. parroting , i guess only the person doing it would know if they are parroting. If calling the creator over and over gives the person peace and contentment than what does it really matter.

1 and 2. i can't describe it because i don't know.

It is interesting to notice that you asked me a question of a word that you have no idea of. Why this pre-judgement then in your first post?

My understanding is following the hukam is simran

Please elaborate it with the help of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, our only Guru.

and also repeating waheguru with humility and pyaar without any gain is simran.

How many times is the word Waheguru used in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, our only Guru and under what context?

Secondly, in my opinion, Humility is the most arrogant word in the English language.

I am still waiting for the answer to number 4 in my post.

Tejwant Singh.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Simran means "remembering" "remembrance." Now what is the best way to remember something.... anything? By repeating it, rehearsing it, over and over again, until you know it automatically.

The simran practices, promotional projects for world-wide simran, simran sewas, smagams, sadhanas, etc. that make use of constant repetition, and in a very loud voice, are following the basic rule. It's elementary! Say it over and over... what ever it is you are supposed to say. You will become a sadhoo (or that is what is promised).

There was a time when I knew "simran" was important, but I did not know what it meant. Most of the time I was told it was about meditating on God's name and saying it over and over at certain times during the day... in a loud voice. I do understand better how simran can become anti-gurmat.

Simran may be "remembering" in one meaning of that word. As in repeat so that you never forget. There are other meanings. Is remembering always "remembrance?" In simran can we have darshan of Waheguru?

techsingh

SPNer
Jul 14, 2012
Midwest, USA
It is interesting to notice that you asked me a question of a word that you have no idea of. Why this pre-judgement then in your first post?

isn't that the reason why students ask question because they dont know. no did not pre judge. from you saying google x3 i thought your were referring to naam jab of waheguru. that is why i asked you is simran against gurmat.

Please elaborate it with the help of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, our only Guru.

How many times is the word Waheguru used in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, our only Guru and under what context?

everything is referred to waheguru on every ang

Secondly, in my opinion, Humility is the most arrogant word in the English language.

I dont understand. Please explain.

maybe am not understanding the question. i tried to answer it in 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

isn't that the reason why students ask question because they dont know. no did not pre judge. from you saying google x3 i thought your were referring to naam jab of waheguru. that is why i asked you is simran against gurmat.

But I never used the word Simran nor Gurmat. Hence my question remains the same.

everything is referred to waheguru on every ang

That was not my original question. Please do not evade it.

I dont understand. Please explain.

It is what I said above. It is self explanatory.

maybe am not understanding the question. i tried to answer it in 3.

No you did not. Please read it again.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I have changed replies in red to replies in blue because this thread was meant to be a bit of a breather, something humorous and dry. The finger-pointing if there is any is at "atheism" and possibly also at Google. The inspiration to upload it came from the fact that this omnipotent being - Google - has an email system that crashes a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know -- Simran can be against gurmat if it is parroting. It doesn't seem that Techsingh ji is arguing about that. And the suggestion to do simran with humility and pyaar was not about anyone in particular.

But... Tejwant Singh ji is asking for clarifications. His persistent questioning has over the years and more than once led to some very important realizations by readers, who may not even be actively posting, but just thinking about his questions. I am one witness to that, when I say "remembering" is not quite the same thing as "remembrance." If Tejwant Singh ji had not asked the meaning of simran, I would have just looked away. Instead I thought a little harder.

The thread was meant to be enjoyed.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Spnadmin ji,

You are right. Let's enjoy God Google!!!!

I am sorry I took it that seriously. But on a serious note, it is something to think about. Google Heaven to Google Earth to Google Search to Google ads- the Google money running all the way to the bank.

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Tejwant ji

I understand. Where was I when Google God in Google Heaven was giving out great Google ideas that I could take to the Google Bank and make enough money to run wild and be fired from my Google bliss-job and sent to the Google Hell. Some people have all the luck! Other people like me give up on the Chrome browser.

What is this Google God all about? Did He forget something? Maybe He went unconscious? Who has the answers?

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Nice try, Church of Google. Google is as close to God as anything we humans have created, but isn't quiite perfect enough yet.

Google has been known to crash and God never, ever crashes.

So Google still has a ways to go, but keep trying, you might make it yet and, if not, you'll still have an improved product.

And for those of you who can't see that this is all humourous, lighten up, guys. Life is too short and sweet to thus sour it.

:faujasingh:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Google has been known to crash and God never, ever crashes.

And for those of you who can't see that this is all humourous, lighten up, guys. Life is too short and sweet to thus sour it.

:faujasingh:

Except that it could be deadly serious.... would not "witnessing" God in crash mode depend on what religion you belong to? Wotan crashed, so did Greek and Roman gods who made humans pay for it big time out the w..oo! I don't know enough about the doctrines, canons and scriptures of the Church of Google. Maybe a god-crash is written into the "script?" As in the "script," you know the "script." And then after a mysterious crash comes the greater mystery of the "recovery" ... like they have that "recovery" thing with databases.

For all any of us know, the Google god might even have Internet reach to a universe of fermenting yeast (not an original idea. Scarlet Pimpernel thought of it.) If that is the case, Google God, not Scarlet Pimpernel, forgive me, pervading all of his creation there, might even have temporary episodes of semi-consciousness, and it would all be OK. Totally OK doctrinally speaking. Totally OK to be semi-conscious, or even to make mistakes.. like 404's and stuff like that.

Thanks for bringing us back to topic, Inderjit Kaur ji

Last edited:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Imagine telling a little kid that there is someone called God.
This God can't be seen or heard but he knows everything about everyone.
When we need something and don't know where to look, we can always ask him.
He usually guides us in the right direction and always tells the truth about everyone and everything even if we don't like what we are told !!

I can only imagine the little kid asking further ''God's like google then, isn't he ??'':winkingmunda:

I wonder if you could track him down with Google maps or find where this heaven exactly is ???

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM