• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Investment in Punjab not safe, observed Canadian MP Ruby Dhalla

Punjab Newsline Network
Tuesday, 18 January 2011
By Jagmohan Singh

AMRITSAR: Canadian Member Parliament for Brampton-Springdale Dr. Ruby Dhalla
Tuesday embarrassed the ruling SAD-BJP government while during interaction with intellectuals at Guru Nanak Dev University here she said that investment in Punjab for NRIs was not safe since there is no security of their assets.

In the presence of battery of media at GNDU, Ruby was irked over a question that why NRIs expect VVIP treatment during their visit to India whereas they have very poor stake in investment sector which is less then ten percent in Punjab.

Dhalla is declared state guest by Punjab Government and being projected as admirer of ruling SAD during NRI sammelans being organised in various cities. Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal hosted her at his residence.

Jittery Ruby Dhalla said, "There is no sense of security in Punjab and NRIs are scared to invest here, even ratio of fraudulent case were much enough to keep the NRIs away from Investment. I even talked on this issue to Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal who assured me to look into matter and to extend all possible help to NRIs who are keen to invest in the State of Punjab".

"I held thorough meeting recently with Sukhbir Badal about the safety of NRIs and their property in Punjab during the annual Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Conference in New Delhi", she added.

Sukhbir Badal is seen with Canada MP Ruby Dhalla and other NRIsSpitting her anger about investment in Punjab, Dhalla said, "My mother several decades back, when left Punjab for Canada she had worked in factory as labour and with the hard efforts of my mother who brought up me with good education and facilitated me to reach on some caliber was not the job of overnight it took several years.

Now I am here in Punjab to explore the opportunities to invest safely. Don’t expect old generation which left the India several years back would invest all off sudden their hard earned money but their children are coming to Punjab to invest here but they need safe atmosphere".

"In Canada, there is no servant and chauffer culture as one has to drive his or her own car, so life is not simple as people think here", she quipped.

Talking about the fraudulent marriages with Punjabi brides by NRIs she said, "People in Punjab after disposing huge chunk of land to marry off lovely daughters with NRIs with the expectation of greener posture but things turned worst when NRIs s spending few days with Indian bride never come back. It happens as most of the NRIs are already married there".

"I would raise the matter in Canadian Parliament about the people who deceive innocent Punjabi girls to do the needful to prevent such practices. But at the same time I do suggest innocent Punjabi parents as they should take time and go for thorough investigation when NRI grooms come forward with proposal of marriage with Punjabi girls. Such decisions should not be taken in haste", Dhalla added.

Talking about politics, Dhalla said, " For me even for every Canadian who joins politics only with the mission of SEWA (to serve the society) and not to rule . Politicians should always become the voice of voiceless people".

Asking the young generation of India to join politics, Dhalla said, "It is not the politics of Dr. Manmohan Singh or Rahul Gandhi as it is the politics of every youth of India. Since, out of total population in India 65 percent population belongs to youth who should join politics to become the voice of poor and needy people, as India has the need of young people in politics".

Dhalla, also visited the BBK DAV College for Women, along with her mother Tavinder Dhalla and brother Dr. Neel Dhalla.

Dhalla interacted with the young students of the college and motivated them to have a dream and the powers lies within them to fulfill and accomplish that dream.

Dhalla also visited the sanctum sanctorum of the Harmandhar Sahib popularly known as Golden Temple to pay obeisance.

source: http://www.punjabnewsline.com/content/investment-punjab-not-safe-observed-canadian-mp-ruby-dhalla/27735

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: