Introducing Myself | Page 162 | SIKH PHILOSOPHY NETWORK
  • Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Introducing Myself

Avie

SPNer
Nov 8, 2020
Hi, hello, Sat Sri Akaal everyone. My name is Avie and I am from India. I am new to Sikhi, I am passionate about learning and exploring more. 🌻

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
I Dr Dalvinder Singh Grewal, am a Sikh from the core of my heart since I have lived this life for 77 long years and found it to be so clear and human that it applies to the entire society. It starts with the simple IkOngkar and Karta Purukh meaning that 'There is One God who is the Creator of the entire universe. It implies that each being is created by Him hence has a common brotherhood. This also negates the differences of caste, creed, colour, community or religion and equality among all. Hence it sans all enmity, egotism, greed, evil will and the like. Its base is in Truth, where God is Truth (Sat(i)naam) and True is His Creation and demands us to be truthful and clean both in mind and body. Guru Nanak clarified this through the practice through 'Kirat Karo, Wand Chhako, Naam Japo' which means that we must earn our living with truthful labour; share with others especially the needy and remember the Lord who is the Giver of everything. This has been followed by Sikhs whom you will find very hard working and then distributing their earning especially food to the needy from their earning all over the globe and will find them remembering God not only in Gurdwaras but also at their home and also while travelling. There is so much to learn especially from their religious scripture Sri Guru Granth Sahib which has writings of the chief saints from all religions then existing in India. They believe that religions did not exist when God created the world; these are all created by men much later on; hence Sikhism is not by force as some religions are but are by choice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Shabad Vichaar by SPN'ers

Sat Sri Akaal,

Gurmukhs

GURU or Guide or Connect is realising WORD of GurusBani

In fifth step of Jap To Seek or Realise.

Today is Gurus Purnima, old ritual to regard human GURU,

For Gurmukhs...

SPN on Facebook