Introducing Myself

Discussion in 'New SPN'ers' started by Aman Singh, Jun 30, 2004.

1. dalvindersingh grewal

dalvindersingh grewal Writer Historian SPNer

My name is Dalvinder Singh. I am from Ludhiana Punjab. I was brought up in a Sikhi environment. I developed my knowledge about Sikhism gradually and studied various scripture including supreme Sikh scripture Sri Guru Granth Sahib To understand better I translated Japuji Sahib in English and cleared my concepts. Now I meditate regularly especially early in the morning daily. I have studied Guru Nanak the most. I traveled to almost all the places in the world where Guru Nanak had gone and published books. Now I am writing an encyclopedia on Guru Nanak. It has given me great peace. I treat all equal and do service to the society as much as I can. I have not harmed anyone; if it had happened unknowingly I cannot say. I have 2 sons and 2 grandsons and 2 granddaughters. All are living happily. early I used to pray to God if I needed something; which was generally fulfilled. Now I and my wife have stopped requesting God for any worldly things except His Name, I have been working for the poor especially the Sikligars, Wanjara, and Satnamis (about 10 crores) for last 40 years. I had been able to make people aware of their pitiable condition globally through my writing. I have working to ensure that they get five things in each area of their concentration. These include a school for children, training for men and women since their present profession is not able to earn them the bread, a dispensary and a place of worship as per their requirement. God and God's men have now come up in large numbers and working individually and collectively. I have been lucky to bless in doing a bit for them. I have complete faith in one God and my Gurus and the writings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib. God has been very kind to keep me off from all worries and I live a very satisfied life. I pray for happiness of all.

• Loved It! Loved It! x 1
  2. dalvindersingh grewal

dalvindersingh grewal Writer Historian SPNer

ਸੰਤ ਦੀ ਨੂਰ ਅਵਸਥਾ
    ਡਾ: ਦਲਵਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਗ੍ਰੇਵਾਲ
    ਨਾ ਮੈਂ ਹੁਣ ਮਜ਼ਲੂਮ ਰਿਹਾ ਹਾਂ, ਨਾਂ ਮੈਂ ਹੁਣ ਮਜਬੂਰ ਹਾਂ।
    ਜਦ ਤੇਰੇ ਨਾਲ ਪੈ ਗਿਆ ਬੰਧਨ, ਹਰ ਬੰਧਨ ਤੋਂ ਦੂਰ ਹਾਂ।
    ਭੁਲ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ ਅਪਣਾ ਆਪਾ, ਯਾਦ ਤੇਰੀ ਹੀ ਰਹਿੰਦੀ ਹੈ,
    ਤੇਰੀ ਇਸ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਦਾ ਸਦਕਾ, ਮੈਂ ਤੇਰਾ ਮਸ਼ਕੂਰ ਹਾਂ।
    ਲਗਦਾ ਹਰ ਕੋਈ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ ਤੇਰਾ, ਬੁਰਾ ਨਾ ਲਗਦਾ ਕੋਈ ਏ,
    ਵਿਸਰ ਗਈ ਦੁਨੀਆਂ ਦੀ ਮਾਇਆ, ਭੁਲਾ ਜਗ ਦਸਤੂਰ ਹਾਂ;
    ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਨਾਲ ਧੋਤਾ ਅੰਦਰ, ਅੰਦਰ ਹੀ ਹੁਣ ਮੰਦਰ ਹੈ,
    ਹਰ ਥਾਂ ਤੇ ਬਸ ਤੂੰ ਹੀ ਦਿਸਦਾ, ਖੁਦ ਵੀ ਮੈਂ ਭਰਪੂਰ ਹਾਂ।
    ਖੋਕੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਵਿਚ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਆਨੰਦ ਨਾ ਕਹਿ ਸਕਦਾਂ,
    ਲਗਦੈ ਨੂਰ ‘ਚ ਮਿਲਕੇ ਹੋਇਆ ਮੈਂ ਵੀ ਨੂਰੋ ਨੂਰ ਹਾਂ।

3. ArranPatmusSmith

ArranPatmusSmith SPNer

This is intoduction of myself as a new member. My name is Arran Smith. I am a spiritual seeker, and I'd like to think, a searcher for truth as well. I am from St. Louis, Missouri, raised in a God-fearing home. My belief is to love God. I was attracted to this site when I did a Google search for the word Samadhi. I had for a while been enchanted with the concept of Samyama as defined by Patanjali. When I saw the definition of Samadhi as given by a Sikh mad of God it reached heart and intellect so that I believe receiving true knowledge from this source is part of my path and of my true will. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Logical Sikh

Logical Sikh Writer SPNer

Hi, I am Logical Sikh.
    umm..... I guess the "name" defines it all XD
    btw real name is Amitpal Singh.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aman Singh

Aman Singh Admin SPNer

Welcome Arran! We hope to learn from your life's experiences and wish you enjoy your stay over here.

Thank you

6. Bailey Williams

Bailey Williams SPNer

My name is Bailey Williams and I'm trying to learn more about to Sikh faith so I can practice it for myself at the temple closest to me and I'd like to know all I can about the faith before I go to the temple

• Like Like x 2
  7. Harshpreet Singh

Harshpreet Singh SPNer

Waheguru ji Ka khalsa.. waheguru ji ki fateh.. my name is harshpreet Singh.. n I m from Ludhiana... Punjab.. Nd this is my introduction as a new member.. Nd I would to be as part of this family... Nd I am here to learn more new things abt sikhi... As we all know that sikhi means sikhna... So bhave Jo v koi kinna vadda kyu n ho jave.. sikhi nu oo poori chngi trah ni Jaan skda.. ess lyi.. sannu hmesha sikhde rhna chahida. Nd oos guru sahib ji de bhane nu Mann na chahida...
    Waheguru ji ka khalsa... Waheguru ji fateh

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aman Singh

Aman Singh Admin SPNer

Welcome to SPN Harshpreet Ji! :)