• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Controversial Inter-Religion Marriage Not Valid Under HMA: HC

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Arent ALL Indian SIKH marriages under the HINDU MARRIAGE ACT ??...and so NOW they are all ILLEGAL because SIKHS are NOT HINDUS !! ????? Each and EVERY Sikh Marriage after 1947 is ILLEGAL. PERIOD....and so their offspring are ????

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Thanks Gyani ji

That was the part I was completely fuddle faddled by -- just what you said -- just as I thought I had understood -- I did not. This is about inter-religion though. So I think what they are saying is that a Sikh and a non-Sikh need to convert. If it is 2 Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains OK you are covered.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Arent ALL Indian SIKH marriages under the HINDU MARRIAGE ACT ??...and so NOW they are all ILLEGAL because SIKHS are NOT HINDUS !! ????? Each and EVERY Sikh Marriage after 1947 is ILLEGAL. PERIOD....and so their offspring are ????
Gyani Jarnail Singh ji I believe Sikhs are considered and bunched with Hindus in "Hindu Marriage Act". Be it there may be Hidu Jains, Vishnu followers, Kali Mata followers, Ganesh followers, or Just plain Hindu Sikhs winkingmunda. End is not too far for Sikhs in India at least in the sense of Sikhism that our Gurus meant it to be which was highly distinctive of Hiduism and Islam!

If someone cares to read Sikh Rehat Maryada it is worth noting that it does not recognize any other religions other than Sikhism and just treats these as faiths. This will include Hiduism, Islam and Christianity amongst many others.

Sat Sri Akal.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Just to note: Under the Hindu Marriage Acts, Christians and Muslims are specifically excluded. Any "dharmic" religion is considered "Hindu" and thus is included in its provisions: i.e., Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists and Jains. P{censored}es are not included.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
spnadmin ji I note some comments on the following in your post,

Just to note: Under the Hindu Marriage Acts, Christians and Muslims are specifically excluded.

There is no question that the people who drafted such were of the mind set that anything that came out of Hinduism needs to be included as the long term goal was and is to get such back into the Hinduism fold. The driving core force in Hinduism is the Brahmin. The Brahmins were the chief and at the top pedestal. They have not forgotten how Sikhism and Buddhism toppled their empire, prestige and livelihood.

They had no choice as far as Islam or Christianity was concerned.

The people were conniving but not stupid. They did not want to attract the riots from Muslims. They also did not want arguments against so called secularism from the logical and well written/spoken Christians who they wanted to keep on side..
We can sugar coat it under dharmic and other fodder.

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width=""> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset;" class="alt2"> We can sugar coat it under dharmic and other fodder. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Who is "we?"

spnadmin ji we in my mind is all those Sikhs who believe in the Hindu Marriage act and its defence as the following being the basis of HMA,

Any "dharmic" religion is considered "Hindu" and thus is included in its provisions: i.e., Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists and Jains.

This is just a make believe like other ways people have found to make Sikhism appear like part of Hinduism and its rites and rituals.

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM