• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Indian Mythology In Gurbani Series

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Found this blog recently and it's quite interesting. As a non-Indian without the assumed knowledge of cultural religion of Hinduism, a lot of the Hindu/Indian mythological references in Gurbani go right over my head. I hope the author continues this project as I imagine it will become a very valuable resource.

The Easy Learner: Indian Mythology in Gurbani Series: Table of Contents
Sat Sri Akaal,.
It is obvious before action is initiated there is inner feeling of right or wrong, if the thoughts are not concluded, again a gate of right or wrong will appear, before one proceeds for action.
Neurological signals die or carry forward depending on self stored perception which dominates during conclusion.

But one who understands mind and this process through GURUsBANI, leads a concluded non deviating thought process, rejecting yam or jam philosphy.

For eg Mind have external influence
I will have alcohal not keep hair is approved concious and unconscious thought.
But by education one develop concious not to have alcohal keep hair so there is inner conflict between concious and unconscious mind which thought to proceed for action
If everyone daughter wife have alcohal my mind don't mind and react. If my husband son trim hair mind don't react.

How to make mind understand and conclude.

If what my mind say is right to do is right and everyone do it mind will not react.

But true process comes if 99.9% do not follow and GURUs BANI say it is right act mind will follow latter not former.

In this state of concluded mind jam yamraj never appears and philosphy of jam was a result of dualities we hold there is no jam jamraj for GURMUKHs

Hukam
marna hukam Hai Death is truth of nature
Jo Upjyo so Binas Hai Paryo kaal ke..
These are truth of life and is universal phenomenon

Who accepts it why doot messenger has to send message that it is right or wrong. It will happen on time in time no need for external and internal intervention, a clear message for mind.

There is no doubt or. contradiction in GURUs BANI.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited:

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Found this blog recently and it's quite interesting. As a non-Indian without the assumed knowledge of cultural religion of Hinduism, a lot of the Hindu/Indian mythological references in Gurbani go right over my head. I hope the author continues this project as I imagine it will become a very valuable resource.

The Easy Learner: Indian Mythology in Gurbani Series: Table of Contents

Ishna Ji

Thank you for the link: The Easy Learner. Definitely the right recipe for fireworks exploding at SPN.

However, on a positive note, I commend you for your openness and willingness to explore and learn more about Sikhism. Critical literature of this kind empowers our deeper understanding of the subject matter and helps interpretation of Gurbani correctly.

Sunny Singh [proponent] has researched reasonably well and presented a credible narrative. I've not read the entire text, but from a brief scan here n there I'm impressed with the author's view n verdict and concur with much of what is written. From a historical perspective it adds value to Gurbani because it helps explain how and what the emotional, mental and spiritual constitution of the Banikar was at the time of composition. Social, cultural, environmental and religious artefacts relatively constitutes the reconstruction of the human past without which Sikhism cannot be truly known.

Well done Sunny Singh and credit to you Ishna Ji for importing it over to SPN. One question I have for the proponent is: "which of the two, Hinduism or Sikhism do you practice ?".

Many thanks

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,
Shiv represents brain composition as
savla which relates to grey matter
jatadhari which relates to hair growth snakes holder of inner chemistry the deadly poisnous chemistry of body originates from it,
Opened third eye evoked imaginative sense in humans which leads to visualisation of word as guru.
moon sided the cool mindedness all are stated as metaphor.
Known as Mahadev it control all dev and Devi's hypothalamus Naina Devi eyes Ganesha Stomach etc
But supreme is wonderous wahe nature guru
which is Brahma originator of mind
Vishnu operator and
Mahesh destroyer of signals coming through nature within mind.
The originator of mind is not human but is ultimate wonder of true nature say Waheguru praise nature and is no way noun.
The operator of mind ie thoughts operating ie signal perception within mind belongs to true wonderous nature say Waheguru
The resultant signal as a cause of action belongs to true wonderous nature say Waheguru.

Waheguru is praise of true nature but humans cannot accept and compromise on true nature and love others mind of being.

but will make another shiv and rename it as waheguru, to love own mind and having love for own intellect, is shiv pooja.
buut de poojari sey book de poojari,
that is genetic,

which needs transformation through learning accepting and followance.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki Fateh.

Last edited:

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Devi's are dominant female mind routines
Vocal intellact Saraswati
financial intellect Lakshmi etc.

Devi puja is related to evoking female mind in man's routine which is not dominant due to which one is a male form and vice versa.

Energy is the main source for male and female soul. Inspite of focussing on female form.

Guru'sbani believe in Nature and energy source from which both male and female are born. Rather than believing in prayer for form.

Instead males praying for female form and start behaving as female and vice. Versa

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki fateh

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Devi's are dominant female mind routines
Vocal intellact Saraswati
financial intellect Lakshmi etc.

Devi puja is related to evoking female mind in man's routine which is not dominant due to which one is a male form and vice versa.

Energy is the main source for male and female soul. Inspite of focussing on female form.

Guru'sbani believe in Nature and energy source from which both male and female are born. Rather than believing in prayer for form.

Instead males praying for female form and start behaving as female and vice. Versa

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki fateh

Sat Sri Akaal,

Still the Hindus of present times are not understanding if the minds who have not gone above this philosphy can not think of even above the trap of beauty of female. One cannot think beyond and the kings of those times have philosphy trap on generals of those times to bring a defeat .

As the mind could have a philosphical defeat as one cannot think beyond, if GURUs have not trained mind of people to think beyond formed mind of masters to act as a learned.
Bringing the system to same trash thinking will ruin so learner's must be cautious to understand there own faith system. Rather than accepting anything of ignorant reasoning.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: