• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Controversial In Jab Against Quebec Values Charter, Jason Kenney Dons Sikh Head Scarf

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
In apparent jab against Quebec values charter, Jason Kenney dons Sikh head scarf in Twitter picture

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...with-picture-of-himself-with-sikh-head-scarf/

OTTAWA — Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney has updated his Twitter profile picture with one showing him wearing a Sikh head scarf.

This comes just days after he said the federal government is ready to go to court over Quebec’s proposed charter of values.

The photo was apparently taken when Kenney visited the Golden Shrine temple in Amritsar, India in January.

On the same Twitter page, Kenney also applauds Montreal MP Maria Mourani, who was kicked out of the Bloc Quebecois caucus on Thursday for opposing the charter.

Kenney says he respects Mourani, even though they hold different political views.

The minister told reporters earlier this week that the federal government is prepared to mount a legal challenge against Quebec’s plan to prevent public-sector workers in the province from wearing overt religious clothing or symbols.

Attachments

• kenny.jpg
    kenny.jpg
    31.3 KB · Reads: 260

namritanevaeh

Writer
SPNer
Oct 14, 2012
Surrey, Canada
Good for him!!! I put a photo of myself up today on my FB page of me wearing something that closely ressembles a muslim head veil. I am neither Muslim nor Sikh nor Baptist nor Buddhist nor Jewish. However I have friends in all faiths and I am fully supportive. Currently, my one friend who is most negatively affected by the Charter of "values" (-sic) in Québec is Muslim herself. So...just in solidarity with her... :)

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
In apparent jab against Quebec values charter, Jason Kenney dons Sikh head scarf in Twitter picture

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...with-picture-of-himself-with-sikh-head-scarf/

OTTAWA — Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney has updated his Twitter profile picture with one showing him wearing a Sikh head scarf.

This comes just days after he said the federal government is ready to go to court over Quebec’s proposed charter of values.

The photo was apparently taken when Kenney visited the Golden Shrine temple in Amritsar, India in January.

On the same Twitter page, Kenney also applauds Montreal MP Maria Mourani, who was kicked out of the Bloc Quebecois caucus on Thursday for opposing the charter.

Kenney says he respects Mourani, even though they hold different political views.

The minister told reporters earlier this week that the federal government is prepared to mount a legal challenge against Quebec’s plan to prevent public-sector workers in the province from wearing overt religious clothing or symbols.

I am wondering if the Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney has donned the same by visiting the Muslim and Jewish communities! While visiting any Gurdwara, he has to wear the head covering. If he does the same for all the religions affected on a weekly basis and going to the Parliament in them, then he may succeed in swaying some votes to his cause, and also then it becomes a meaningful and an honest fight against injustice.

If not, then it is mere a political pandering/prostitution.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM