• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

If What We Earn Is What We Have Sown, Where Is God's Mercy And Gifts In The Equation ?

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
If its about karma , we get what we sowed , then how is it a god's gift if we get it, then it should be my own gift I gave to myself , right ??
and also lets assume god blessed someone with something that he /she didn't earn as a karmic balance, then isn't god breaking karmic law by giving that person that gift even if that person didn't earn it karmically ?

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
just concentrate on doing Sat Karams as much as you can....and yearn for his support and love and to experience Him...
the two will put you in the right frame of mind to experience Him

He has laid down the rule of the Game...it is up to you to play the game within those rule or sit around complaining all day.
if you do good and good comes back to you...it is His gift because its His rule and Law...but yes it is something you have deserved.

IF you are going through some Bad times...you should also say in your ardaas "i accept that where i am now, is due to my own doing"...i have reaped what i sowed...there is great courage in accepting that and asking for His support to turn your life around.

and how are you to ever now if God blessed someone that was not due to their Karmic balance? how can you ever know? what if they have done something so great many lifetimes ago (if you believe in reincarnation) that their time has come for the blessing?

I believe wholeheartedly that if you yearn for Him...and focus on Sat Karama...i.e. living truthfully, earn truthfully and sharing a little of that with others around you...and do your Simran with Love...God has no choice but to take notice...start doing it...:)

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
just concentrate on doing Sat Karams as much as you can....and yearn for his support and love and to experience Him...
the two will put you in the right frame of mind to experience Him

He has laid down the rule of the Game...it is up to you to play the game within those rule or sit around complaining all day.
if you do good and good comes back to you...it is His gift because its His rule and Law...but yes it is something you have deserved.

IF you are going through some Bad times...you should also say in your ardaas "i accept that where i am now, is due to my own doing"...i have reaped what i sowed...there is great courage in accepting that and asking for His support to turn your life around.

and how are you to ever now if God blessed someone that was not due to their Karmic balance? how can you ever know? what if they have done something so great many lifetimes ago (if you believe in reincarnation) that their time has come for the blessing?

I believe wholeheartedly that if you yearn for Him...and focus on Sat Karama...i.e. living truthfully, earn truthfully and sharing a little of that with others around you...and do your Simran with Love...God has no choice but to take notice...start doing it...:)

thanks bro :) I want to help people out, but at times I feel I don't have enuf money. I feel like if I take 10% out of my salary and help some needy or accumulate that money for several months and help someone. bring a smile on an orphan's face, or help some needy , clothe the naked children on streets.
but my biggest hurdle is to help them, I would have to reach out to them, go to them in their environment, environments that bring gloom and sadness. For this reason, I was unable to help people.
There's one mad man at the bus stop. He is so dirty and he's mad. I feel like helping him. How do I help ? he's been on that bus stop for several years now !!
should I do ardas for his sake ? should I take up some sewa for him ? because I don't know how to take him to a mental doctor as that might cost too much and I don't have so much money but still every morning I see him suffer , I feel pity for him and consider myself lucky . Even though he's not related to me, I wish to help him , but how can I ?

Last edited:

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
thanks bro :) I want to help people out, but at times I feel I don't have enuf money. I feel like if I take 10% out of my salary and help some needy or accumulate that money for several months and help someone. bring a smile on an orphan's face, or help some needy , clothe the naked children on streets.
but my biggest hurdle is to help them, I would have to reach out to them, go to them in their environment, environments that bring gloom and sadness. For this reason, I was unable to help people.
There's one mad man at the bus stop. He is so dirty and he's mad. I feel like helping him. How do I help ? he's been on that bus stop for several years now !!
should I do ardas for his sake ? should I take up some sewa for him ? because I don't know how to take him to a mental doctor as that might cost too much and I don't have so much money but still every morning I see him suffer , I feel pity for him and consider myself lucky . Even though he's not related to me, I wish to help him , but how can I ?

Find out how much it will cost, and set up a donation site...i'm sure many of us will donate.
one person i came across in India...he selected 2 slum villages near to where he lived and started to collect funds to pay for their education needs and facilities...

even if its not money, even your time and effort to do some seva...any kind of seva for someone...it just helps with your mindset, rather than focussing on your own negative thoughts all the time...take up hobbies..a martial art...an interest that is not just money related...

keep your head up seeker2013 :)

Shaheen

SPNer
Sep 22, 2015
If its about karma , we get what we sowed , then how is it a god's gift if we get it, then it should be my own gift I gave to myself , right ??
and also lets assume god blessed someone with something that he /she didn't earn as a karmic balance, then isn't god breaking karmic law by giving that person that gift even if that person didn't earn it karmically ?

God gives us the existance and ability to do things. He also grants/tests us with success and failures. Those who remain firm upon the belief in God regardless of what they get, are the real believers. Karma or deeds are useless without belief as far as salvation is concerned. God can also give without any visible contribution - a gift can come in the way from somebody.

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
God gives us the existance and ability to do things. He also grants/tests us with success and failures. Those who remain firm upon the belief in God regardless of what they get, are the real believers. Karma or deeds are useless without belief as far as salvation is concerned. God can also give without any visible contribution - a gift can come in the way from somebody.

Very well said Shaheen ji

I will go one further...to then use the foundation of the belief to actually come to know Him during our lifetime...

God bless

ActsOfGod

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012

This is your opportunity. Don't waste it.

Guru Sahib will do kirpa. Don't waste your opportunity.

Do something and help that old man.

Go buy some clean clothes and give it them to him. Buy some food and give to him. Give him a new pair of shoes. You see him every day, this is not difficult. At least give him a cup of garam cha and some food.

Start taking 10% out of your small salary and contribute to Pingalwara, or some other donation center that is helping the needy.

You can even just give the money yourself to someone you see who is struggling.

Or donate to students who are coming from impoverished families.

You can make a personal commitment to feed the old man every morning for 30 days.

Don't be like everyone else who just talks, talks, talks, and does nothing to help anyone.

Please take some action and show yourself worthy of the great gifts that you have been blessed with in your life.

This is your golden opportunity. Don't waste it.

[AoG]

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
true ji. but right now I got the bad news my dad is having his drinking bouts again :/
he has it like once every 3 months. My mom has bore his nuisance for her lifetime, just for me and for sake of honor of her parents, and i myself have spent my childhood seeing the satan arose in him from time to time.
I am so sick of it. He will do this binge drinking once every 4 months or so !
I have sweared at him at times, once even slapped him. But I am now doing ardas for him and his business.
He has been the vessel through which vaheguru has blessed me in life .
I wish that vessel good health and prosperity.
Came to knew that idiot was about to fall to trip our truck from the bridge but god saved us ! coz he was inebriated.

Sometimes I hate this man to my guts, because I feel it might have perhaps been his drinking that sent my innocent, simpleton mother in a sense of depression while she was carrying me in the womb and screwed up the hormonal balance that ultimately led to my homosexuality (there was a research that stressed mother were likely to give birth to gay sons) . I hate this man so much sometimes I never felt a father connection with him. Fathers are usually the source of masculinity for their sons, but he subtly rejected me for my effeminacy .
I so hate him sometimes :mad: but constraint myself by reminding that he's my father

and yes I will definitely keep 10% of my salary apart :) I really feel good whenever I help someone needy.
hey and anyways 10% is not much TBH ! :p
Now I don't wanna boast it, but some weeks back, I saw this man on sidewalk with a small girl . he was screaming out in tears for some food. Soon I felt like waheguru asking me to help him, brought some rice and dal from hotel but when I reached at his spot, I noticed he was already sleep, tried waking him up but he didn't, so just kept food next to him , hoping he will eat it when he wakes up. Other pack of food I gave it to homeless , street family.
I plan on donating clothes to beggar kids roaming naked

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: