• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

IAF strike into Pakistan---in my words

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
This quote sums up how we all are news channel by birth

"The greatest mistake we humans make in our relationships; We listen half, understand quarter, think zero and react double."

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
India did not shoot any pakistani plane, they were showing the missiles fired by them. they had to say that they also shot down a plane but not so. it is for face saving. mig21 is also a compatible plane to any other. it did not go down because of that. it is all propaganda to hypnotize the public

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
On defence forum of India the Indian response to Pakistani ingress into our side of the LOC is not being considered satisfactory . While the Pakistanis fired 4 to 5 beyond visual range missiles ( BVRs ) we did not fire them at all . The reason being given is that civilian airliners were flying in our territory and one of the BVRs could have hit a civilian airliner as BVR has long range . BVRs reportedly are allowed to be fired only when civilian air traffic has been shut down . In fact only one short range missile was fired , the one by Wing commander Abhinandan Vardhaman . The whole response from the Indian side is being considered unsatisfactory on defence forum of India .

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Personally I prefer your movie analysis, I quite enjoy reading that, I normally get a balanced and intelligent view of the movie.

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
Personally I prefer your movie analysis, I quite enjoy reading that, I normally get a balanced and intelligent view of the movie.

My post above yours is not my analysis . It is based on discussion on DFI ( defence forum of India ) .

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
Most of the American BVRs the Pakistani pilots fired failed to reach their targets except the one that shot wing commander Abhinandan Vardhaman . So every cloud has a silver lining .

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
The Sukhois were able to successfully jam all the American BVRs and made them ineffective . But Wing commander Abhinandan Vardhaman went across the LOC in his bid to get the Pakistani plane and beyond the range of the sukhoi's jamming range . Hence he got hit by BVR .

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
From DFI---

The Sukhois did not fire BVR missiles because while jamming the Pak missiles they were also maneuvering to not get hit by Pak missiles . So it was difficult to launch missiles while maneuvering . When the Pak planes turned away it was decided not to attack them as they were 24 against only 8 of our jets . So the odds were 3 to 1 in their favour by numbers . So the mystery as to why our BVR missiles were not launched is solved .

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
My post above yours is not my analysis . It is based on discussion on DFI ( defence forum of India ) .

Given that this is a Sikh philosophy forum, and given that Sikh philosophy is universal and untied to any particular country, then this post is pretty one sided and reads more like a propaganda statement, should you not post similar statements from the defence forum for Pakistan?

You also use the word 'we' quite a lot, I am a Sikh, but have little interest in the affairs of either India or Pakistan, why have you assumed that just because I am a Sikh, I will automatically consider the affairs of India as my own? If the two countries wish to have a playground spat and then spend the next 6 months using it for propaganda that is up to them, it has little to do with me.

But, as I said earlier, your movie reviews are great, and impartial..........

ashdoc

Movie Critic
SPNer
Jul 19, 2011
Given that this is a Sikh philosophy forum, and given that Sikh philosophy is universal and untied to any particular country, then this post is pretty one sided and reads more like a propaganda statement, should you not post similar statements from the defence forum for Pakistan?

You also use the word 'we' quite a lot, I am a Sikh, but have little interest in the affairs of either India or Pakistan, why have you assumed that just because I am a Sikh, I will automatically consider the affairs of India as my own? If the two countries wish to have a playground spat and then spend the next 6 months using it for propaganda that is up to them, it has little to do with me.

But, as I said earlier, your movie reviews are great, and impartial..........

Sikh philosophy is no doubt universal . But very few Sikhs are in Pakistani armed forces, but on the other hand many more Sikhs are in Indian armed forces . Indeed the current chief of the IAF which carried out the strike is a Sikh , air chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa . Most Sikhs living in the subcontinent live in India . So I am within my rights in thinking that Sikhs are of Indian origin even if they live in foreign countries.

Last edited:

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Indeed the current chief of the IAF which carried out the strike is a Sikh.

In worldly terms, any person, who is a citizen of any country by birth is expected to be loyal to that country. So, a Sikh, a Hindu or a Muslim born in India or Pakistan or for that matter any country is expected to be loyal to that country. Religious preferences have nothing to do with a loyality to a particular nation.

What if in future, Pakistan happens to appoint a Sikh or a Hindu as Air Chief Marshall, isn't s/he expected to be loyal to that country? There are many Sikhs and Hindus at prominent positions in a Muslim countries like Malaysia, aren't they expected to be loyal to that country?

Admin Note: As this thread serves no purpose on a philosophy forum, it is now closed for further discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM