• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

I Wish I Were Miserable

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Misery is like pain, it is there for a reason, those that feel no pain, although it sounds fantastic, live in great jeopardy, they cannot feel pain, so they do not know if they are hurt, they do not know if they need medical help, there is no barrier to warn them they are pushing too hard, or damaging themselves, so it is not so fantastic at all,

Misery is the mental equivalent of physical pain, misery forces you to address your mental state and do something about it, from being miserable that you are getting wet in rain and reaching for an umbrella, to being miserable that you are in a bad relationship and getting out, but what if you had left misery behind years ago, what if nothing made you miserable anymore, what if you woke up in the morning with a huge mountain to climb, and just got on and climbed in every morning, without question and with minimal fuss, and then did it all again the next day, and the next day, and so on, at what point would you question or try and do things differently, without misery, without love, without fear, and without being told what to do, I guess you would climb that mountain every day for eternity.

Maya is everything, everywhere, we live for validation, one way or another, to be loved, to be liked, to be part of a society, to huddle in numbers, we create elaborate personalities that bear little resemblance to our true selves, we seek pleasure, happiness, through the one thing that can give it to us, maya.....

Maybe misery is the feeling of being let down by maya, take maya out of the equation, and it turns into something else,

what that is, I am not so sure.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Misery is like pain, it is there for a reason, those that feel no pain, although it sounds fantastic, live in great jeopardy, they cannot feel pain, so they do not know if they are hurt, they do not know if they need medical help, there is no barrier to warn them they are pushing too hard, or damaging themselves, so it is not so fantastic at all,

Misery is the mental equivalent of physical pain, misery forces you to address your mental state and do something about it, from being miserable that you are getting wet in rain and reaching for an umbrella, to being miserable that you are in a bad relationship and getting out, but what if you had left misery behind years ago, what if nothing made you miserable anymore, what if you woke up in the morning with a huge mountain to climb, and just got on and climbed in every morning, without question and with minimal fuss, and then did it all again the next day, and the next day, and so on, at what point would you question or try and do things differently, without misery, without love, without fear, and without being told what to do, I guess you would climb that mountain every day for eternity.

Maya is everything, everywhere, we live for validation, one way or another, to be loved, to be liked, to be part of a society, to huddle in numbers, we create elaborate personalities that bear little resemblance to our true selves, we seek pleasure, happiness, through the one thing that can give it to us, maya.....

Maybe misery is the feeling of being let down by maya, take maya out of the equation, and it turns into something else,

It's people who choose to live in service of the energy field around us. No one forces us to, but it's what we've been taught.

Hence the reason there are more {censored}s in the world than humanitarians.

We become slaves to it, the illusion, instead of serving the truth.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
It's people who choose to live in service of the energy field around us. No one forces us to, but it's what we've been taught.

We become slaves to it, the illusion, instead of serving the truth.

your post raises many questions, questions that I have tried to answer myself, but there is no way of really knowing, and it now it is burning inside of me,

What could that word be, we will never know, maybe {censored}, or {censored}wits, or turtle{censored}s, or even donkey{censored}s,

no, we will never know...

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018

Try to stop overthinking dude XD...

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
lol, im sorry if you got offended dude XD
no, this is something different, its spontaneous, its called wit.

I am also sorry for any offence caused by your thinking I was offended....dude

apologies, I am quite old, what the {censored} is xd?

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
your post raises many questions, questions that I have tried to answer myself, but there is no way of really knowing, and it now it is burning inside of me,

What could that word be, we will never know, maybe {censored}, or {censored}wits, or turtle{censored}s, or even donkey{censored}s,

no, we will never know...

Haha!

Yes due to censorship I guess we'll never know. Just know that it was an unpleasant word referring to a large number of people who inhabit the earth today.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Haha!

Yes due to censorship I guess we'll never know. Just know that it was an unpleasant word referring to a large number of people who inhabit the earth today.
hmmmm

{censored}s?
{censored}ing {censored}ity {censored}ers?
{censored}? {censored}? {censored}? {censored}?

ok give me a clue

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM