• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

I Want To Be Gurusikh

Aug 1, 2008
I am a software engineer working for a web developement company in india, i heared a lot gynai sant singh jee maskeen, his sayings really trumbled my soul, i belong to the gurusikh family.my dad and mon wake up early morning and go through all rituals, i want to be like my mom and dad but can't finding myself strong enough, please suggest the right way.

Jaspreet08

SPNer
Feb 1, 2008
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki Fateh,

As there is nothing in our hands, I suggest you ask and pray to the Merciful Lord to give the strength to wake up at amrit vela, do nitnem, or whatever next level you like to go to. Keep asking and praying, you will receive it. ("Akheh mangheh deh deh dat kare dataar"). Only the Great Giver can lift you up.

-Jaspreet

KulwantK

SPNer
Oct 31, 2007
Sat Nam, Ji!
Go to Gurdwara, even when there is not a service in session, and sit and be with the Guru for a while, as much as you can. Pray for your strength; Guru will give it to you. You can get up at the same time as your Mom and Dad, and at first, just be there with them while they do their early morning time with Guru.
You will achieve this goal; guru always takes great care of us!
Wahe Guru,
KulwantK

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
ਮਃ
मः ४ ॥
Mėhlā 4.
Fourth Mehl:

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ
गुर सतिगुर का जो सिखु अखाए सु भलके उठि हरि नामु धिआवै ॥
Gur saṯgur kā jo sikẖ akẖā▫e so bẖalke uṯẖ har nām ḏẖi▫āvai.
One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

ਉਦਮੁ ਕਰੇ ਭਲਕੇ ਪਰਭਾਤੀ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਸਰਿ ਨਾਵੈ
उदमु करे भलके परभाती इसनानु करे अम्रित सरि नावै ॥
Uḏam kare bẖalke parbẖāṯī isnān kare amriṯ sar nāvai.
Upon arising early in the morning, he is to bathe, and cleanse himself in the pool of nectar.

ਉਪਦੇਸਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪੁ ਜਾਪੈ ਸਭਿ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਪਾਪ ਦੋਖ ਲਹਿ ਜਾਵੈ
उपदेसि गुरू हरि हरि जपु जापै सभि किलविख पाप दोख लहि जावै ॥
Upḏes gurū har har jap jāpai sabẖ kilvikẖ pāp ḏokẖ lėh jāvai.
Following the Instructions of the Guru, he is to chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. All sins, misdeeds and negativity shall be erased.

ਫਿਰਿ ਚੜੈ ਦਿਵਸੁ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਗਾਵੈ ਬਹਦਿਆ ਉਠਦਿਆ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ
फिरि चड़ै दिवसु गुरबाणी गावै बहदिआ उठदिआ हरि नामु धिआवै ॥
Fir cẖaṛai ḏivas gurbāṇī gāvai bahḏi▫ā uṯẖ▫ḏi▫ā har nām ḏẖi▫āvai.
Then, at the rising of the sun, he is to sing Gurbani; whether sitting down or standing up, he is to meditate on the Lord's Name.

ਜੋ ਸਾਸਿ ਗਿਰਾਸਿ ਧਿਆਏ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸੋ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ
जो सासि गिरासि धिआए मेरा हरि हरि सो गुरसिखु गुरू मनि भावै ॥
Jo sās girās ḏẖi▫ā▫e merā har har so gursikẖ gurū man bẖāvai.
One who meditates on my Lord, Har, Har, with every breath and every morsel of food - that GurSikh becomes pleasing to the Guru's Mind.

ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਦਇਆਲੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਸੁਣਾਵੈ
जिस नो दइआलु होवै मेरा सुआमी तिसु गुरसिख गुरू उपदेसु सुणावै ॥
Jis no ḏa▫i▫āl hovai merā su▫āmī ṯis gursikẖ gurū upḏes suṇāvai.
That person, unto whom my Lord and Master is kind and compassionate - upon that GurSikh, the Guru's Teachings are bestowed.

ਜਨੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਧੂੜਿ ਮੰਗੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਕੀ ਜੋ ਆਪਿ ਜਪੈ ਅਵਰਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ॥੨॥
जनु नानकु धूड़ि मंगै तिसु गुरसिख की जो आपि जपै अवरह नामु जपावै ॥२॥
Jan Nānak ḏẖūṛ mangai ṯis gursikẖ kī jo āp japai avrah nām japāvai. ||2||
Servant Nanak begs for the dust of the feet of that GurSikh, who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it. ||2||

Last edited by a moderator:
May 28, 2009
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh....

I agree with Jaspreet Ji...Kulwant Ji...and NaamJap Ji....

First and foremost step stone is making a mind that you want to be Gursikh...and that you did...Just prey to Guru Ji...as suggested by Jaspreet Ji and Kulwant Ji... this is circle...you can not recite a Naam unless there is Guru's Blessing...go to Gurdwara..Sit and Talk to Guru....prey for giving strength to become Gursikh...greet other people with love...

Take support of Baani...whenever you find a time...recite Baani...gradually Guru will bless you and make you strong...

"Charan Sharan Gur Ek Painda Jaye Chal...Satgur Kot Painda Aagey Hoye...Laiet Hai "

you take one step towards Guru...Guru will take crore steps to take you in his arms....

Chardi Kala........

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Stay away from RITUALS....
The Creator Loves GENUINE LOVE..PREM...not rituals...
IF you are doing soemthing for the sake of doing it...better not waste your time..HE IS NOT FOOLED by such !!
GET up at Amrtivela..because you LOVE HIM...
CONTINUE SLEEPING BECAUSE YOU LOVE HIM !!!!

Do paath..because you LOVE HIM...PLAY a GAME.../JOG because you LOVE HIM...
Go to Gurdawra to MEET HIM..and LOVE HIM...GO to GYM and work out..Because YOU LOVE HIM..and YOUR Beautiful BODY..(its HIS HOME)

SINCERITY is what HE WANTS..not EMPTY RITUALS !!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM