• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

I Am The Dust Of Your Feet

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Sherab Ji,

I think Ambar Dhara is a "chuppa rustum" - punjabi phrase for wise person. Doesn't talk much but is full of wisdom.

I remember reading one of the SGGS verses yesterday which mentions that empty vessels make the most noise and the filled ones don't.

Can somebody help me trace the gurbani tuk on this ?

Namjap-ji, here is the shabad: Sri Granth: Shabad/Paurhi/Salok SGGS Page 870

Here is the tuk -

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਛੂਛਾ ਘਟੁ ਬੋਲੈ
कहु कबीर छूछा घटु बोलै ॥
Kaho Kabīr cẖẖūcẖẖā gẖat bolai.
Says Kabeer, the empty pitcher makes noise,
ਭਰਿਆ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਕਬਹੁ ਡੋਲੈ ॥੪॥੧॥
भरिआ होइ सु कबहु न डोलै ॥४॥१॥
Bẖari*ā ho*ė so kabahu na dolai. ||4||1||
but that which is full makes no sound. ||4||1||

Last edited by a moderator:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Guru Ji used many methods to spread the WORD(bani) all around to share gurbani with the whole humanity.

Pray Truth and Say SatSriAkaal
Ambar Dhara Ji and Sherab Ji,

Can we discuss the methods Guru used to spread the WORD ?

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
AmbarDhara said:
namjap How do you know I or let us say all of us who post gurbani dont understand gurbani?

namjap you never commented on this, I am amazed! Are you Antar Yami, Maha Gyani? Or simply scared of the Truth(Gurbani)?

Nanak Bani Nirankaar Paarbrahm Parmesar

SGGS JI
ANG 366

SATGURU PRASAAD

aasaa mehlaa 4.
Aasaa, Fourth Mehl:hirdai sun sun man amrit bhaa-i-aa.
Constantly listening to the Ambrosial Gurbani in the heart, it becomes pleasing to the mind.

gurbaanee har alakh lakhaa-i-aa. ||1||
Through Gurbani, the Incomprehensible Lord is comprehended. ||1||

gurmukh naam sunhu mayree bhainaa.
As Gurmukh, listen to the Naam, the Name of the Lord, O my sisters.

ayko rav rahi-aa ghat antar mukh bolhu gur amrit bainaa. ||1|| rahaa-o.
The One Lord is pervading and permeating deep within the heart; with your mouth, recite the Ambrosial Hymns of the Guru. ||1||Pause||

mai man tan paraym mahaa bairaag.
My mind and body are filled with divine love, and great sadness.

satgur purakh paa-i-aa vadbhaag. ||2||
By great good fortune, I have obtained the True Guru, the Primal Being. ||2||

doojai bhaa-ay bhaveh bikh maa-i-aa.
In the love of duality, the mortals wander through poisonous Maya.

bhaagheen nahee satgur paa-i-aa. ||3||
The unfortunate ones do not meet the True Guru. ||3||

amrit har ras har aap pee-aa-i-aa.
The Lord Himself inspires us to drink in the Lord's Ambrosial Elixir.

gur poorai naanak har paa-i-aa. ||4||3||55||
Through the Perfect Guru, O Nanak, the Lord is obtained. ||4||3||55||

charan kamal parabh kay nit Dhi-aava-o

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
All I will say is, I am not qualified to put a worded translation of Guru Sahibaan's bani - there are many things which are inexpressible by mortals. Just understood and experienced according to our own level of awareness.

Talking about attaining True Guru is for one in a million or even more than a million. Most of us just bring down the level of worded expression of Gurbani into something which one can purchase and own with money.

Dissappointed ?

All I can do is find beautiful words from other sites and fuse them like a garland of flowers for guru sahibaan, dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji' charan (feet).

"A poet sees what we cannot see - the highest Beauty's golden crown, the deepest Beauty's golden throne.​
A poet feels what we cannot feel - oneness with the sorrows of Eternity, oneness with the joys of Infinity."​

The soul of the poet creates. The heart of the poet originates. The eyes of the poet initiate. Inside each human being there is a poet. This poet can bring down the loftiest heights of truth and, at the same time, can powerfully eclipse the darkest falsehood if and when necessity demands."​

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
naamjap said:
Most of us just bring down the level of worded expression of Gurbani into something which one can purchase and owned with money.

Disappointed ?

Gurbani is for everyone. How one takes it, grasp it, or try to value it- is upto them. Guru Ji passed on Gurgaddi to Gurbani so that no mediator can fool them anymore.

Gurbani is "
Nanak Bani Nirankaar Paarbrahm Parmesar

SGGS JI
ANG 366

SATGURU PRASAAD

gurbaanee har alakh lakhaa-i-aa. ||1||
Through Gurbani, the Incomprehensible Lord is comprehended. ||1||"

One cannot stop sharing Guru's Word with a scare of what some nagative people think of it. If one channel is stopped, there are several others opened by the Almighty. People have tried before, always failed.

Regarding English translation: misunderstanding is in the minds of the people not in the language.

Money: Not all sell Gurbani or its meaning. There are several who share it for free with everybody. You yourself say: 'one in a million or even more than million' can get the real essence, so why we worry about the negative people, doesnt matter how many are they.

Se Simrai jin aap simraaei.

naamjap said:
A poet sees what we cannot see - the highest Beauty's golden crown, the deepest Beauty's golden throne.
A poet feels what we cannot feel - oneness with the sorrows of Eternity, oneness with the joys of Infinity."​
The soul of the poet creates. The heart of the poet originates. The eyes of the poet initiate. Inside each human being there is a poet. This poet can bring down the loftiest heights of truth and, at the same time, can powerfully eclipse the darkest falsehood if and when necessity demands."​

This is beautiful
Gurbani is Dhur Ki Bani: The most beatiful, The Truth Itself.

charan kamal parabh kay nit Dhi-aava-o

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Namjap-ji, i am willing to discuss.

Please share your insight. :up:

I think Ambar Ji should initiate the discussion as this comment came from him first.

Originally Posted by AmbarDhara
Guru Ji used many methods to spread the WORD(bani) all around to share gurbani with the whole humanity.

Ambar ji,

can you share with us the ways guru ji used to spread the WORD ?

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Talking about attaining True Guru is for one in a million or even more than a million.

Sardara ji,

One in a million means the real gurmukh. The rest (me included) are manmukhs. If you want to know who is real gurmukh here's the link:

YouTube - Siddh Gosst - Sikh Prayer

Those who have not yet attained Gurmukh state of consciousness and are in different rungs of the spiritual ladder, can choose to have a positive outlook towards learning. Many preachers and gianis in gurdwaras who are making a living offering their services must and can be considered as an added opportunity for a spiritual aspirant. Go to the gurdwara with the goal in mind.

Many Manmukhs prefer to see the negative points of preachers and blame them for their own unproductive spiritual development.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Amazing Gurbani:

English Translation(source:SikhiToTheMax):
Shalok:
Do not be angry with anyone else; look within your own self instead.
Be humble in this world, O Nanak, and by His Grace you shall be carried across. ||1||

Pauree:
RARRA: Be the dust under the feet of all.
Give up your egotistical pride, and the balance of your account shall be written off.
Then, you shall win the battle in the Court of the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny.
As Gurmukh, lovingly attune yourself to the Lord's Name.
Your evil ways shall be slowly and steadily blotted out, by the Shabad, the Incomparable Word of the Perfect Guru.
You shall be imbued with the Lord's Love, and intoxicated with the Nectar of the Naam.
O Nanak, the Lord, the Guru, has given this gift. ||44||
source: SikhiToTheMax

Punjabi Translation(GuruGranthDarpan):
ArQ:- (hy BweI!) iksy hor nwl gu`sw nwh kro, (ies dy QW) Awpxy Awp ƒ ivcwro (soDy, ik iksy nwl JgVn ivc Awpxw kIh kIh dos hY) [ hy nwnk! jy qUM jgq ivc DIry suBwv vwlw bx ky rhyN, qW pRBU dI imhr dI nzr nwl ies sMswr-smuMdr ivcoN pwr lµG jwieNgw (ijs ivc kRoD dIAW byAMq lihrW pY rhIAW hn) [1[
pauVI:- swrI lokweI ijs gurU dI crn-DUV huMdI hY, qUM BI aus dy A`gy Awpxy mn dw AhMkwr dUr kr, qyry AMdroN kRoD dy sMskwrW dw lyKw mu`k jwey [ hy BweI! ies jgq-rx-BUmI ivc qy pRBU dI hzUrI ivc qdoN hI kwmXwb hovyNgw, jdoN gurU dI srn pY ky pRBU dy nwm ivc suriq joVyNgw [ pUry gurU dy Sbd ivc juiVAW byAMq ivkwr shjy shjy dUr ho jWdy hn [
hy nwnk! ijnHW bMidAW ƒ gurU ny hrI-nwm dI dwiq id`qI hY, auh pRBU dy nwm dy ipAwr ivc r`qy rihMdy hn, auh hrI-nwm dy suAwd ivc msq rihMdy hn (qy auh dUijAW nwl ros krn dI QW Awpxy Awp dI soD krdy hn) [44[
source: http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/darpan2/0259.html

Guru Shabad:
sloku ]
rosu n kwhU sMg krhu Awpn Awpu bIcwir ]
hoie inmwnw jig rhhu nwnk ndrI pwir ]1]

pauVI ]
rwrw ryn hoq sB jw kI ]
qij AiBmwnu CutY qyrI bwkI ]
rix drgih qau sIJih BweI ]
jau gurmuiK rwm nwm ilv lweI ]
rhq rhq rih jwih ibkwrw ] gur pUry kY sbid Apwrw ]
rwqy rMg nwm rs mwqy ]
nwnk hir gur kInI dwqy ]44]

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: