• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

I AM: KPS Gill

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Next on the reading list

Other Screams of Terror (a publication of Human Rights Watch)...this article does not make bones about the toll that "terrorists" took on Punjab. However, it is also crystal clear that the job done to eradicate it was not a "job well done." All the atrocities of the era of KPS Gill are enumerated here in one place.

Other screams of terror

Other Screams of Terror | Human Rights Watch

Jan 30, 2010
It was the Punjab Sikhs Bhai Jinda and Bhai Sukha along with other Singhs of KCF who got justice for Delhi Sikhs from Lalit Maken and Dharmdaas Shastri who were also perpetrators of 1984 Delhi anti Sikh genocide .They did it as Sikhs not as Punjab Sikhs .

But many of the Sikhs outside Punjab have betrayed their martyrdom by joining hands with the enemies of Sikhs.

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
We are now judging by the hindsight. What could be the other alternative to KPS Gill? I remember no one really objecting to TADA etc. All politicians of Punjab were just waiting for terrorism to end. If Badal goes, someone else will come who may be even worse.
You know how we pray that our current boss goes away.... only to find new boss even worse!!!;)
One scenario is that corrupt politicians had never allow police to have full powers. Then terrorism would have continued at a slow pace. Do you think we had got Khalistan? No way. It is not that simple to get your own country.
Moreover, the powers were given by centre because afterall only sikhs were to be sacrificed. This may have been the real reason for success as there was clarity about final outcome and goal. As can be judged by riots and after reaction, masses in India do not want sikhs to prosper, so it was easy to formulate startegy without much opposition. Whatever sikhs were in Delhi... Buta, jail Singh Badal etc had no power to object... otherwise how is it possible that Jail singh was president and nothing favoring sikhs could be done? they were being killed on roads and no presidential orders came?
Entire india was listening to BBC except Jail Singh? Everyone was aware of backlash... even at 1200 noon on 31st october 1984 when my brother was advised to go back home from Parliament street in New Delhi, but not people who could have made the change? If Jail singh was not knowing, then what about Badal, Buta etc.
When KPS went to Chhatisgarh, CM did not act on his advice... no sikh or other religion killing was involved and matter might have involved disrupting coruption channels.
True colours of a person come to forefront only at the time of testing times. When Indiara Gandhi Died, everyone in Delhi including Rajiv, Amitabh, sajjan etc were against sikhs. Even some of my co-students were not happy with me.
KPS was following his duty... there is no denying it. If it had been that bad, why most of Punjab police was following his orders? What if there was a corrupt Police chief instead of KPS?
I am sure he had this fear of revolt by PP in his mind. Why so many Special police officers, mostly sikhs, were recruited without much opposition? ... so there was support for ending Khalistan movement... for sure.
I am not taking any side.I had only media reports about Punjab ... no other source.
Later, I found out about misuse of power by PP. Basically, that is the main issue for going against KPS.
But what else should have been the method?
KPS proved by example, that operation blue star was a mistake and not required.
If Khalistan movement is still alive, then why do not Simranjit and Daljit Bittu or some other new leader, youth federation, fight for river waters and create a mass movement. Why we have so many Hot headed Akali Dals.....and why do not they get support. You need oil to run machinery and you need leaadership to get attention of masses. I would say, Ashutosh gets more attention from masses than Simranjit.
I am sure entire Punjab will be with them for protecting there livelihood which is dependent on river water. First ensure food to my stomach and then we can think about other matters.
Let us start.
We should also look inwards.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
This is why there was support for KPS Gill -- said to have solved the "Punjab problem."
"The Sikh separatist movement in Punjab claimed thousands of lives. Unspeakable horrors were perpetrated as bombs went off in crowded bazaars and movie halls, killing and maiming civilians. There were numerous political assassinations. Hindu passengers were dragged off public buses, lined up and shot down."

But the cure only made the patient feel worse. Here is why the cure did not work.

"Instead of responding within the law, the Punjab police were given free rein to contain the militancy. Thousands of alleged militants, human rights activists, and ordinary Sikhs in Punjab were summarily executed by security forces, based on the merest suspicion or, perhaps, not even that. Most were young men, "disappeared," never to be seen again. Their bodies were then cremated to destroy the evidence.

These were extrajudicial executions,
state-sponsored terror. These acts, too, were the negation of the concept of nationhood and what is enshrined in India’s Constitution.

Instead of responding within the law, the Punjab police were given free rein to contain the militancy. Thousands of alleged militants, human rights activists, and ordinary Sikhs in Punjab were summarily executed by security forces, based on the merest suspicion or, perhaps, not even that. Most were young men, "disappeared," never to be seen again. Their bodies were then cremated to destroy the evidence.

These were extrajudicial executions, state-sponsored terror. These acts, too, were the negation of the concept of nationhood and what is enshrined in India’s Constitution."

The rape, physical and sexual torture, and psychological abuse of their women -- I have not even indexed that.

Oct 16, 2009
Sikh Royalist ji,

Guru Fateh.

Can you elaborate your above statement with the URL's from the newspapers so we can have better understanding of what you are trying to say?

What do you mean that the officer over reacted? Which officer, the victim?

Would you state the same about people over reacting if the victim were your sister, wife, daughter or mother or a close female relative?

Wasn't KPS Gill convicted for the molestation by the Court?

Tejwant Singh

all right sir trying to elaborate and expound my words
actually people who are jealous of you always try to blame you of having such vices and i think the officer lady who alleged molestation was entirely wrong and as per your question even if i:)tongue:) was to be that lady officer i must never had done what she did:yes:

Would you state the same about people over reacting if the victim were your sister, wife, daughter or mother or a close female relative?
no comments!

Oct 16, 2009
It is myth that he ended miltancy or separatist movement in Punjab.If he is such a supercop then why not ask him to end separatist movement in Kashmir
or end Naxalite movement .The Khalistan movement in Punjab died because support for the movement died
and who was he who cut this support KPS Gill
brother this is a simple law and accepted by every government against terrorism the basic thing to eliminate terrorism is to first end the local support the terrorist were looting their own sikh brothers for money correct me if i am wrong?
and kps gill killed some innocent people to take away the support right?
what was wrong they were to die as terrorist(which they were soon to become) at least gill killed them as innocent peoples :rolleyes:

Oct 16, 2009
LOL sikh royalist ji

Cynthia Mamoud became famous by investigating the results of the anti-terrorist program (code for state sponsored terrorism)... in Punjab...Because KPS Gill was doing his job....what price is a citizen in a democracy willing to pay? To what end?

Who wants to make a list? of atrocities?

First on the reading list. Reduced to Ashes.

ah sister
gurfateh

i once asked a man similar question that what was the mistake of millions who suffered and died and he replied their only mistake was that they existed............

work out for your salvation make your way out of this world:)

Jan 30, 2010
We are now judging by the hindsight. What could be the other alternative to KPS Gill? I remember no one really objecting to TADA etc. All politicians of Punjab were just waiting for terrorism to end. If Badal goes, someone else will come who may be even worse.
You know how we pray that our current boss goes away.... only to find new boss even worse!!!;)
One scenario is that corrupt politicians had never allow police to have full powers. Then terrorism would have continued at a slow pace. Do you think we had got Khalistan? No way. It is not that simple to get your own country.
Moreover, the powers were given by centre because afterall only sikhs were to be sacrificed. This may have been the real reason for success as there was clarity about final outcome and goal. As can be judged by riots and after reaction, masses in India do not want sikhs to prosper, so it was easy to formulate startegy without much opposition. Whatever sikhs were in Delhi... Buta, jail Singh Badal etc had no power to object... otherwise how is it possible that Jail singh was president and nothing favoring sikhs could be done? they were being killed on roads and no presidential orders came?
Entire india was listening to BBC except Jail Singh? Everyone was aware of backlash... even at 1200 noon on 31st october 1984 when my brother was advised to go back home from Parliament street in New Delhi, but not people who could have made the change? If Jail singh was not knowing, then what about Badal, Buta etc.
When KPS went to Chhatisgarh, CM did not act on his advice... no sikh or other religion killing was involved and matter might have involved disrupting coruption channels.
True colours of a person come to forefront only at the time of testing times. When Indiara Gandhi Died, everyone in Delhi including Rajiv, Amitabh, sajjan etc were against sikhs. Even some of my co-students were not happy with me.
KPS was following his duty... there is no denying it. If it had been that bad, why most of Punjab police was following his orders? What if there was a corrupt Police chief instead of KPS?
I am sure he had this fear of revolt by PP in his mind. Why so many Special police officers, mostly sikhs, were recruited without much opposition? ... so there was support for ending Khalistan movement... for sure.
I am not taking any side.I had only media reports about Punjab ... no other source.
Later, I found out about misuse of power by PP. Basically, that is the main issue for going against KPS.
If Khalistan movement is still alive, then why do not Simranjit and Daljit Bittu or some other new leader, youth federation, fight for river waters and create a mass movement. Why we have so many Hot headed Akali Dals.....and why do not they get support. You need oil to run machinery and you need leaadership to get attention of masses. I would say, Ashutosh gets more attention from masses than Simranjit.
I am sure entire Punjab will be with them for protecting there livelihood which is dependent on river water. First ensure food to my stomach and then we can think about other matters.
Let us start.

The simple reason why Mann and Bittu dont get more "votes" than badal is quite complicated.It is an open secret how politicians win elections in Punjab ie mass use of drugs,money,threat etc.Sometimes if these tactics dont work then goons of various political parties go to various homes particularly poor people after election for voting for a particular rival candidate and burn them down

The cunning badal dal and congress have understood how to lure ordinary people that is why they have been using various singers to lure people to their rallies.

Deravaad(Sikh and non Sikh) which has been deliberately encouraged in Punjab and succusive govts distribute heaps of money to these deras in the name of social work which in turn helps in consolidating their respective vote banks.

The bahman bania fascist clan (RSS and hindutva forces)which does not support Khalistan for their own vested interests is also encouraged by successive Punjab parties.

So the combined vote bank of the dervaadi people including the fascists is more than ordinary Sikhs as ordinary Sikhs dont vote enmass for one political party based on local considerations and affiliations also.When the Sikhs did vote enmass Mr Mann won by a record margin of over 4 lakh votes in Tarn Taran parliamentary constituency.

The RSS and it's puppies have been making all efforts to diminish that vote bank by all means.Congress,BJP,RSS all are same .So in the name of congress they wreaked havoc in Tarn Taran area by resorting to mass killing and at the same time encouraging deravaad as a result they have been able to distribute the Sikh vote bank.

This sort of exploitative political system is no longer acceptable to most Punjabis.

But the reversal process has already started which is giving sleepless nights to the BJP,Hindutva forces including Badal.Although it has been made clear time and again that Khalistan is not against any religion or community but is in fact "Haleemi Raaj" of Maharaja Ranjit Singh where no one feared anyone but the Hindutva forces are trying to prove that it is a terrorist movement but to their surprise they are failing miserably as not only Sikhs but poor and lower middle class of Hindus have also supporting Khalistan.

In one interview some one asked Mr Mann what he has gained after so many years of struggle ,Mr Mann told the interviewer badal,capt amrinder and other BJP,Congress leaders have to take the help of Z plus security to roam around in Punjab whereas he moves around freely amongst people without any security .This shows how much people in Punjab love him.

It is a fact ,just watch any rally of Badal,Amrinder,so called people's representatives, you will see people sitting at a distance from where bullet can not reach this traitors.Whereas in Mr Mann's rally it is the ordinary people who are his protectors and every one mingles freely upto the stage even.

Look at this rally held on 12 February,2010 at Fatehgarh Sahib on theme of Khalistan where Sardar Mann is standing amidst the people as a popular leader:
https://akalidalamritsar.sslpowered...2010/Febr2010/press note birth day 12 feb.htm

This a gathering of just Fatehgarh Sahib area wheareas Khalistan supporters all over Punjab are infinite which the GOI, baahmanvaadi media and the fascists fail to understand and refuse to accept.

If some fascist tries to do misadventure against Mann or Bittu ,Punjab will burn like never before.

Occupied Khalistan is already there and now the question is how and when it will be freed .The traitors of Khalistan will be sent to the gangetic belt.

Even till date a number of Sikhs still think the killings in Punjab were conducted by so called Sikh militants whereas everyone knows that each SSP in Punjab had his own vigilante group of police cats to malign the militants.

It would be foolish to think that Sikh militants would do certain acts which will go against their own movement.I myself remember seeing a press note by 5 militant outfits including AISSF of Bhai Daljit Singh Bittu saying that they had nothing to do with the killings of labourers in 2 trains near Ludhiana.

The following movie by a "non Sikh"is based on a novel by a former Kharkoo (Watch all 9 parts on youtube):
YouTube- new punjabi movie - deevay jagday rehan ge - 4/9

At that time we were not even aware that a time would come when computers,mobiles,digital cameras etc would become easily available otherwise we would kept those newspaper cuttings as proofs.

This is also the reason why we dont have many pictures and footage of Operation Bluestar and why the sole Indian tv channel Doordarshan managed to mislead people including Sikhs about the reality of the situation.

Another program which I vividly remember on doordarshan showed some people with orange patkas and face covered (police cats)claiming to have committed rapes,dacoity and killings.GOI misused the sole tv channel to the maximum to malign the Khalistan movement.

But these days everything has changed drastically,even if the so called unbiased baahmanvaadi media channels are still behaving as govt mouthpieces there are other means to instantly know the truth of any news item.

This exploitative political system and the negative role bahmanvaadi media plays in tarnishing the image of Sikhs and the continued support given to that by the bahman bania fascist clan is another reason why the demand for an independent Sikh state is increasing.

For those of you who are feeling happy that police men helped in killing Sikhs in fake encounters should go to Punjab and interview those who participated in these killings.These policemen are now repenting as Sikhs already consider them traitors but at the same time Bharat mataa and the akritghans for whom they did this have also disowned them.Not only this,instead of getting the lakhs of rupees for killing Sikh youth such policemen are now in jails or are living in poverty.

Jan 30, 2010
Let us start.

Mann and Bittu dont have support ?If some one is looking though the eyes of the indian media or through the eyes of hindutva forces then no one can help.

Rally by Mann' party (12 February,2010) :

https://akalidalamritsar.sslpowered...2010/Febr2010/press note birth day 12 feb.htm

Rally by Bittu's party (25 December,2009) :

SikhSiyasat.Com – Sikh Audios; Videos and Multimedia Blog Archive Resolutions adopted by Sikh Organizations at Fatehgarh Sahib Shaheedi Sabha

At the same time on 25 December,2009 a parallel rally was being held by Mann which had an even greater gathering .Mann rally's video can be seen on the following page :
SHIROMANI AKALI DAL (AMRITSAR)

Both parties have the same agenda-Khalistan

People who turn a blind eye to these rallys and refuse to accept the reality ,including the BJP,RSS.Hindutva forces are suffering from a disease which is incurable.

Such people will refuse to accept the reality no matter what.These are the same people who used to say that when Abdali attacks they will chant such mantras that the whole army will become blind.It was ultimately the Sikhs who fought.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ah sister
gurfateh

i once asked a man similar question that what was the mistake of millions who suffered and died and he replied their only mistake was that they existed............

work out for your salvation make your way out of this world:)

sikh royalist ji

Thank you! I will take care of my salvation. May you take care of yours!

Why do you think you have expressed sincere concern for my salvation with a response that expresses nothing but amorality and helplessness? You are {censored}-footing around your own claim, in so many words, that the ends justify the means. That the ills of terrorism justify wholesale slaughter and torture on the basis of suspicion, police corruption, and government cover-ups.

A "Sikh" is neither amoral nor helpless in the face of corruption no matter what the reputed gains may be.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset;" class="alt2"> Originally Posted by Tejwant Singh
Sikh Royalist ji,

Guru Fateh.

Can you elaborate your above statement with the URL's from the newspapers so we can have better understanding of what you are trying to say?

What do you mean that the officer over reacted? Which officer, the victim?

Wasn't KPS Gill convicted for the molestation by the Court?

Tejwant Singh

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
all right sir trying to elaborate and expound my words
actually people who are jealous of you always try to blame you of having such vices and i think the officer lady who alleged molestation was entirely wrong and as per your question even if i(
tongue.gif
) was to be that lady officer i must never had done what she did
yes3.gif

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset;" class="alt2"> Would you state the same about people over reacting if the victim were your sister, wife, daughter or mother or a close female relative? </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
no comments!

Sikh Royalist ji,

Guru Fateh.

Nice cop out as expected when you are not able to answer the direct questions. You mean Supreme Court and all other courts are wrong when he was convicted of molestation and you blame the woman. And at the same time, it is a shame that show your cowardice with your silence hence have "no comments" when your own female relative is molested by people like KPS Gill which infers that it matters naught.

For you to have the reality check read the following article posted by Narayanjot kaur ji. Ignorance is not a bliss especially with a user's name like you.

1.http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/hard-talk/29225-hero-as-molester.html

2.http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/hard-talk/29226-kps-gill-convict-strip-him-padma.html

A Sikh's duty is to seek the truth and speak against injustice, not side with the molesters.

Tejwant Singh

all_khalsa

SPNer
Feb 7, 2010
I always admired him as an Indian but after reading this article my respect for him has increased as a sikh. He is a great man and a great sikh.
and i love his personality :cool:
the way he speaks gosh!:roll:

Well i guess ur one of those indians who use to admire GENRAL MICHEAL ODYAR before 1947 for Jallianwala bagh massacre.And this was the kind of speech he was giving when Udham Singh shot him.

Jan 30, 2010
The following speeches makes bare naked the genocide carried out by KP Gill and his merceneries in Punjab :​

YouTube- Khalistan is our birth right-2

YouTube- Shaheed Jaswant Singh Khalra (Full Speech - Part 1)

YouTube- Shaheed Jaswant Singh Khalra (Full Speech - Part 2)

After returning to India Sardar Jaswant Singh Khalra was also tortured and killed at the behest of KP Gill and company.​

YouTube- Disappearance of Jaswant Singh Khalra: Abduction by Police

The Rupan Deol Bajaj molestation incident is nothing in front of the actual crimes committed by KP Gill.He will be tried and hanged like Milosovic of Serbia.

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
The cunning badal dal and congress have understood ......they have been using various singers.
There are so many singers. get some for you. Commercial success can easily beat govt. support.
Deravaad(Sikh and non Sikh) ........... helps in consolidating vote banks.
Make your own Deras. promote people to have them more. Let them open school, hospital and community centre. keep an eye on bigger picture. You have to achieve bigger things than small matters.
So the combined vote bank of the dervaadi people ....is more than ordinary Sikhs as ordinary Sikhs dont vote enmass ........ also.
Then do not complain... We need to make a common cause, develop leaders to whom masses look to. At present many people laugh at insistance to take full size talwar to parliament. It did more harm by not having his contribution in parliament. A major change of stance is needed before it is too late.
The RSS and been making all efforts to diminish that vote bank by all means.Congress.
How many shakha type groups we can show? Youth need to be engaged and can bring results. Leading them correctly is the main problem.
This sort of exploitative political system is no longer acceptable to most Punjabis.
If you take Anandpur resolution points, those were for whole punjab, not only for sikhs. It is for people to decide how they want to get mass support.No one stops to have rally for these issues. As I said elsewhere , we should work with masses to improve their life. Home economics is primary need of people. Badal gives them money and they support him.Simple.
We may not have money. Give them jobs. let our industrilaists take action. Engage them in Dera work.
But the reversal process has already started ........Khalistan is not against any religion or community but is in fact "Haleemi Raaj" of Maharaja Ranjit Singh .
If it is true, we will have support of masses. It is still missing. No solid proof.
Mr Mann told badal,capt amrinder and other BJP,Congress leaders have to take the help of Z plus security.
It is no achievement. It is sidestepping the question. How many people he helped. Bring him to stage and let them state that.

If some fascist tries to do misadventure against Mann or Bittu ,Punjab will burn like never before.
It is bordering on poor taste threat. And anyway, nothing is going to happen.

Occupied Khalistan is already there and now the question is how and when it will be freed .
You need a plan, good leadersip to implement . Youth can do it. Jay prakash Narayan did it. You need a just cause and exploit it for the benefit of all. see example below.
I myself remember seeing a press note by ........had nothing to do with the killings of labourers in 2 trains near Ludhiana.
Let him go back again to these areas and let them know. Take responsiblity to help them. lead by example. Method is there. Commitment and action id needed.
These peolpe would be your messangers.
MEDIA......
If media is free, use it NOW.I think more freedom is needed. System is not free enough.
I think these movies like AMU etc have made the difference. let all people active in those days come forward with their story and let us make more movies ... otherwise we will loose it after this generation.
Media brings worldwide attention. It is really important to make more of them.
I personally think the dera development idea is easy to implement and get good results. at least it would breakaway some people from biased dera ( or Dera BEAS!!!).

Jan 30, 2010
ballym,

Thanks for exposing yourself with your answers.Actually such exposures make us more committed than ever towards our goal of sovereignity.

What else can we expect from followers of BJP/Congress .Encouraging Sikhs to make more deras instead of following Guru Granth Sahib directly.

How the political parties function in Punjab we all know .Watch from 03.13 .So long as Sikhs are not free these Indian political parties will continue to fool them .:

YouTube- Interview About Khalistan (Bhai Daljit Singh) 3/3

Anyway Sikhs have woken up .All people who from outside try to show they have sympathy with Sikhs but dont even recognise their identity are exposed now.These forces are invalid in Punjab now.They gave an ultimatum to Sikhs that they will tear Sant Bhindranwale's posters within 24 hours,they asked for arrest of Sikhs going to Fatehgarh Sahib,they tried to put maximum hurdles in the way of Fatehgarh Sahib rally,even BJP went on national tv against this rally but still a large number of Sikhs participated despite security forces helping the akritghans.

YouTube- Khalistan Speech-12 February 2010---Part 1

YouTube- Khalistan Speech-12 February 2010---Part 2

This gathering is only of Fatehgarh Sahib and it's surrounding areas.The supporters of Khalistan all over Punjab are infinite​

The media is NOT free even these days.

The tactics of the baahmanvaadi media to mislead the youth of Punjab in the name of national integration,forwarding thinking and modern outlook is failing and will ultimately fail because the youth of today in Punjab know more clearly about the situation than even the previous generation and have woken up :

YouTube- ludhiana goli kand 5 dec 2009.wmv

YouTube- Khalistan dey nahrey punjab police de S.P,DSP they sahmney

Let us see how long badal/BJP/RSS/Congress can use Punjab police to kill Sikhs and themselves remain protected.

Jan 30, 2010
The difference between Mr Mann and KP Gill is that KP Gill chose to lick the feet of the fake rulers whereas Mr Mann refused to do so.

Had Mr Mann accepted that he would have been on some "so called " high position under the bahman bania clan but he chose to oppose them with "anakh" despite facing a number of difficulties.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
I AM: KPS Gill

I AM: KPS Gill - Mind over Matter - Spirituality - Life - The Times of India

I really don’t know if I’m spiritual, for I am not cast in a traditionally religious mould. As a Sikh I revere Guru Gobind Singh, but I don't observe “paath” or prayers as an everyday ritual.

I am rather a very action-oriented person and unless I can apply something in my life, I don’t consider myself qualified enough to talk on that subject. But yes, I do believe in God and the fact that all of us are His creation. I don’t pray very particularly or visit temples regularly, but do what I feel is right as per my conscience because I feel our soul has direct communication with God.

During the days of extremism in Punjab, where I was posted as the police chief, it would be no less than a personal bereavement for me to see people around me dying everyday. I have seen despair and disappointment from very close quarters; it was so disheartening to see men and women like you and me falling victims to bullets. But somewhere inside me, I had this conviction that God had sent me to a terror-affected place with a purpose and He will give me enough power to root it out someday.

I faced death everyday, but not once did it to scare me. In fact, there was a time when every move made by my team yielded positive results and it was then that my belief became stronger that the Supreme Being himself was guiding me at every step.

Even though we were later accused of committing excesses in the name of stamping out terrorism, it didn’t waver my faith in what I did, because it was He who made me do what He wanted me to
. I believed, therefore I did. I have read the Guru Granth Sahib, the Bhagvada Gita, Quran and the Bible and realised that the basic tenets of every religion are the same. So it's really very difficult to understand how people can fight in the name of religion.

Whatever set of beliefs I have today have been a result of my upbringing - not just my parents, but also the places and circumstances I was brought up in. My father served at Paonta Sahib, the place that is associated with Guru Gobind Singh. In fact, it was because of an inherent desire to follow the Guru that I have kept a beard. I don't wear any lucky charms. The five Ks, as mentioned in the Sikh religion, had a purpose to serve at the time they were conceptualised; today, they are just a matter of personal belief. Right now, I am trying to help people around me through small but meaningful ways.

Forwarded by SPN member Tejwant Singh Malik ji

An eye-opener! Some insight into faith and religion. His reasons for doing what he did sound TOO familiar.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Yes. It does sound familiar. Take out the word "religion" or "faith" and add "father-land" and you could almost be hearing the voice of Adolph Eichmann. "I was only doing my duty as a good ........ " (fill in your favorite cause to complete the sentence).

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: