• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Hunger Strike Since 14Th Nov By Bhai Gurbaksh Singh JI

Aug 28, 2012
Pune
What is AIM and Mission of Bhai Gurbaksh Singh Ji Khalsa.

Bhai Sahib is seeking release of Bhai Lakhvinder Singh Lakha, Bhai Gurmeet Singh and Bhai Shamsher Singh, who have spent 18 years in prison in the case of assassination of Ex-CM Beanta.
They were awarded life sentences and were lodged in Chandigarh’s Burail jail since their arrest in 1995.
Similarly, he is seeking the release of Bhai Lal Singh Akaalgarh from Nabha Jail in Punjab where He has been lodged from last 26 Years and Bhai Gurdeep Singh from a Karnataka Jail where He is confined from last 23 years.

ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਬਖਸ਼ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਦੇ ਸੰਘਰਸ਼ ਦਾ ਫੌਰੀ ਮਕਸਦ ਹੈ ਪੰਜ ਸਿੰਘਾਂ ਦੀ ਰਿਹਾਈ ਜੋ ਪਿਛਲੇ ਕਈ ਸਾਲਾ ਤੋਂ ਗੈਰ-ਕਾਨੂਨੀ ਢੰਗ ਨਾਲ ਹਿੰਦੁਸਤਾਨੀ ਜੇਲਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਕੈਦ ਹਨ।

ਇਹ ਸਿੰਘ ਹਨ ਭਾਈ ਲਖਵਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਲੱਖਾ , ਭਾਈ ਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੇਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਸ਼ੇਰਾ ਅਤੇ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਮੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਇੰਜੀਨਿਅਰ ਜੋ ਪਿਛਲੇ 18 ਸਾਲਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਬੇਅੰਤ ਕਤਲ ਕਾਂਡ ਵਿਚ ਚੰਡੀਗੜ੍ਹ ਦੀ ਬੁੜੈਲ ਜੈਲ ਵਿਚ ਬੰਦ ਹਨ।
ਭਾਈ ਲਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ ਅਕਾਲਗੜ ਜੋ ਪਿਛਲੇ 25 ਸਾਲਾਂ ਤੋ ਨਾਭਾ ਜੇਲ ਵਿਚ ਬੰਦ ਹਨ ਅਤੇ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦੀਪ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੋ ਕਰਨਾਟਕ ਦੀ ਜੇਲ ਵਿਚ ਪਿਛਲੇ 23 ਸਾਲਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਗੈਰ-ਕਾਨੂਨੀ ਢੰਗ ਨਾਲ ਬੰਦ ਹਨ।

ਇਹਨਾ ਸਾਰੇ ਸਿੰਘਾ ਦੀ ਜਲਦ ਤੋਂ ਜਲਦ ਰਿਹਾਈ ਦੀ ਮੰਗ ਲੈਕੇ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੇ ਸੰਘਰਸ਼ ਆਰੰਭ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ।
ਆਓ, ਆਪਣੇ ਜੇਲਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਬੰਦ ਵੀਰਾਂ ਅਤੇ ਇਹਨਾ ਦੀ ਰਿਹਾਈ ਲਈ ਸੰਘਰਸ਼ ਕਰ ਰਹੇ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਬਖਸ਼ ਸਿੰਘ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਦੀ ਚੜਦੀ ਕਲਾ ਲਈ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਕਰੀਏ।

--------I---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would Request You All & Admin Specially To Highlight The News
& Also Keep Bhai Sahib Ji's Pic At Top As Where At Present Seems Waris Ahluwalia

Support Bhai GurbakshSingh Ji's Cause

Keep This As Your Profile Picture

As Indian Media Is Not supporting,

So Plz EveryOne Keep His Pic As Profile Pictures
on facebook,Twitter, WhatsApp, BBM..etc

this may help us to pressurize GOVT

&
Also Pray For Bhai Sahib Ji's Chardikla .._/\_

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Re: Hunger Strike since 14Th Nov By Bhai GurbakshSingh JI

Please don't shoot the messenger.

I have been doing some research and I think we have a problem. All the convicted men, I believe, were awarded life sentences for murder. In India, this generally means 14-20 years, which I have always thought was the law. Evidently, that is not the case, if several articles I found are accurate.

This is what I found:

"There is a misconception that a prisoner serving a life sentence has an indefeasible right to release (after) either 14 years or 20 years' imprisonment. The prisoner has no such right. A convict undergoing life imprisonment is expected to remain in custody till the end of his life, subject to any remission granted by (the) government...," the Supreme Court had said in the 2012 order.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/life-term-means-life-in-jail-centre-advisory-to-states/1069439/

This does not mean that the shorter sentence should not be upheld, as this has always been traditional in these cases. If I am interpreting correctly, this means that in Indian law, the prisoners can be legally held as long as the system decides to hold them.

Sorry.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM