• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hukam From Sri Darbar Sahib Back In Time

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Are the hukamnamas from past saved anywhere? I mean, is it possible to find out the hukam from Darbar Sahib from the day I was born? I am just curious what it was... I don't know if its possible to go back that far. I know some apps now send everyday and you can go backward for some time, but I am talking about mid 70's hehe. Now you all know how old I am.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
In case anyone is wondering why I was asking this... majority of you born into Sikhi have a Sikh name chosen by your parents when you were a baby... therefore you grew up with it and already had it when / if you took Amrit.

For those like me who came to it later in life I was told you can take a Sikh name several different ways... by using the Hukam the day you take Amrit... or perhaps more fittingly, if you can find the correct Hukam from the day you were born, then use that one.

I think I like the idea of using the day of my birth... as that would coincide more with how most Sikhs born into it are given their name (well the naming ceremony shortly after birth).

I was able to have someone trace back and the Hukam from that day begins with S...

btw yes I am still doing Amrit... I have decided we can both all be correct. I think SGGSJ surpasses one or the other in meaning... so that anyone at whatever level they are at will find truth in it.

I also have an S name chosen... but I don't know what do I have to do to make it 'official'?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM