• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India How Has Manmohan Singh Treated Sikhs?

OneD10s

SPNer
Nov 27, 2011
My questions is not to cause spark! He himself has said during the Punjab elections that Punjab has declined in many areas. Surely he as the Prime minister of India can do something about that?

How has he helped Sikhs?

Attachments

• manmohan-singh.jpg
    manmohan-singh.jpg
    36.2 KB · Reads: 268
Last edited by a moderator:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
We need to recognize that a politician is a politician whether they are Sikh, Hindu or Muslim. So he is doing what is fundamental in politics as,

Politics is the art of getting in power and staying in power.
So for this objective he is a member of the Congress Party and his Sikhi at best is his personal space. We cannot but have to respect if that is how he wants to live. Is it possible that he could do more for Sikhs? Of course it is always possible. Some people have that outlook or personality and others don't or not as strongly.

There is no question that he has raised the visibility and stature of Sikhism on world stage.

Sat Sri Akal.

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
As a Sikh, Manmohan Singh has not made ANY special contribution to the Sikh community, not even Punjab. The real ideology which is working is that of the Congress, Manmohan Singh is a mere puppet, a seat-occupying exercise until the Gandhi scion is made the Prime Minister.

passingby

SPNer
Nov 20, 2010
Ki kahaan? kamzor hai. Usnu khud hi samajhna chahida ai.
I am, personally, quite weak too. So I, as far as possible, accept that before others start pointing it out. Its the best way to save face. But Manmohan Singh ji seems to think otherwise.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Politicians, Leaders, even Professionals like doctors, lawyers, etc actually have NO RELIGION....they are sikh muslim hindu just in name only..their main aim is what they DO...politics..profession etc. I once attended a New Year eve gathering of professionals doctors leaders and politicians...and the 14 year old son of the host approached his daddy while he was talking to me...he whispered..Daddy..that Man in the Blue Suit asked me for a whisky...but I know hes muslim..so what shall i do..the daddy laughed and said..son..no one here is a muslim/sikh/hindu/christian..we are all just men and women..having a good time...serve him whisky...ha ah..so manmohan is just a Name..he is neither Man..nor Mohan..nor Singh...and hes just doing his job....only fools will expect more than that from him..or from badal..or from makkarr..or from Dhumma..or anyone else....all are Role playing..dramatic actors....Bachittar Natakis...

jasi

SPNer
Apr 28, 2005
canada
Sardar Mohan Singh Ji like other politicians but his existence as a sikh have brought plenty of recognitions of Sikh community around the world.

He did contribute to open air port at Hazoor Sahib Ji called Guru Gobindh Singh air port and contributed many many others in Hindu dominated India.

We are all very proud to have him as a Prime mMnister of India which is one of the largest democracy in the world.

Jaspi

My questions is not to cause spark! He himself has said during the Punjab elections that Punjab has declined in many areas. Surely he as the Prime minister of India can do something about that?

How has he helped Sikhs?

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
WJKKWJKF

Personally This Sikh will have far more time for manmohan singh when he starts asking his brahim/bjp/rss/hindu paymasters all the difficult and uncormfortable questions about 1984/bluestar, Sikh genocides, disappearances, extra-judicial killings {we irish know about those as the brits used them post 1969 in the north}, activities of kps gill and co, etc etc etc Untill then manmohan singh who seems to have forgotten what he is or where he came from and who is gonna judge him eventually is just another lying self serving poodle of a politician of which there are far to many on this planet

:angryyoungsingh:

BlazinSikh

SPNer
May 6, 2011
Croydon, London, England
Manmohan Singh is nothing but just a puppet, my personal view on Manmohan is that i think he is in power just so the indian goverment can show that they have no hatred against the sikhs or sikh community. Eventually when he last day's come he probably be the last and only "sikh" to be in power. Everyone on goverment in this mordern society can never be trusted, no matter whether they are muslims/sikhs/hindu/christian or what ever, never trust the goverment.

Aug 28, 2010
For Punjab Dr Manmohan Singh is a Prime Minister belonging to opposition Party so his statements are true what he is supposed to state .He is maintaining the tradition of
what a stateman of opposition party should do.This is the political culture of India.
Prakash.S.Bagga

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM