• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How Do I Convert To Sikhism?

SPNer
Sep 14, 2007
I started learning of Sikhism about a year ago. I just recently left Islam and started learning more about Sikhsim. the more I learned the more I fell in love with it. it's a beautiful religion. I want to be Sikh now, but how do I convert? I would go to a temple but the closest one to my home is very far away, and I don't want to ask anyone to take me because I want to keep it to myself for a while.

Is there a way I can convert without having to go to a temple?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Dear guest

There is no official conversion ceremony if you want to convert in sikhism in Sehajdhari form.Mean's No 5ks.Just start following the basics Like doing paath and following other basic teachings of sikhism.

But if you want to convert it into khalsa and take Amrit andd want to keep 5ks then you have to go to Gurdwara and take Amrit.BTW at present I don't advise you to immdiately take Amrit as you have to follow strict code of conduct which may be difficuilt for you

Here is the sikh copy of code of conduct what an ideal sikh should do.

Sikh Reht Maryada, The Definition of Sikh, Sikh Conduct & Conventions, Sikh Religion Living, India

Anyway it does not mean you have to do all things but you can slowly slowly learn things about sikhism

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM