• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

How Did Guru Nanak Manage The Travel?

Dev singh

SPNer
Apr 22, 2016
but you must believe in god to say there is no god

if we debate like this, we will get nowhere, i could suggest you prove there is no god, it is kindergarten debate, why do you not answer the questions and then we can see where the debate goes?

Only stupid person can ask that u asked? Where there is nothing how can any one claim there is. Nothing can not be explained. Because there is nothing. In your pocket there are money that u can claim I have money if there is no money in your pocket, u can not say there is money in your pocket.

U can say there maybe god but not sure. What did your god did for you? Or the if some one killed a person who was very God fearing person. No one have seen god helping any one.

Like I said before if u don't have the prove then dot not reply. It is waist of time yours and mine
Bye

Dev singh

SPNer
Apr 22, 2016
Dev singh jee. if you remember even before and immediately after partition, money was not the requirement to travel. people kept the traveler in their homes, fed them and some instances they were fed by the organizers of sarai, temple or the mosque. there was no convenience of rides but to walk. Money only came into playing a role since the indian society has become more affluent. Baba carried some amount of money with him as well. it was not a money making expedition. Money plays a role these days for everything. The kathakars these days use their wits to impress the audience and yet know nothing about spiritualism. The audience does not seriously listen to what the preacher says but how they impress by their slogans. I heard bhai thakur singh saying in his katha that guru said to his followers to go and kill some pigeons and bring for him to eat, i heard late divine Hardev singh that je tusi tivian the gut na puto oh kabuu nahien aaondiean then immediately he would say bol wahiguru to distract the audience. I saw Maskeen sahib rolling money and filling his parka pockets and then walk away without saying sat sari akal or asking for forgiveness for any mistake he made.

My dear friend you were not there nor I was there. U can be right and I can be right. Nanak was not the only one who went out. He must have had good voice. Like singers come to Canada from Indian some preach sermon in Gurdwara. All of them take money to come to Canada and for the singing.

There is nothing wrong to say he must have taken money if he needed it.
I have not seen any Bhai ji do the reading free here in Canada.

Lets cut this topic start new thread.

deve

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Only stupid person can ask that u asked?

well stupidity is relative, if we look at some of the tainted times in our past, sati, killing of female babies etc, one could say that either people chose to be stupid, or they did not believe they were stupid. You are saying that a belief in god is stupid, on a Sikh forum, that is pretty stupid don't you think?

Where there is nothing how can any one claim there is.

No one claims otherwise, god is nothing.

Nothing can not be explained

sure it can, its just nothing.

Because there is nothing. In your pocket there are money that u can claim I have money if there is no money in your pocket, u can not say there is money in your pocket.

no one is claiming there is money there, just nothing.

U can say there maybe god but not sure. What did your god did for you?

well personally, I got a brain out of it, and some guidance on how to further my brain.

Or the if some one killed a person who was very God fearing person. No one have seen god helping any one.

being god fearing does not save you from getting killed, why would it?

Like I said before if u don't have the prove then dot not reply. It is waist of time yours and mine
Bye
Devji we are deviating from topic, so I will open a thread just for you, we can debate the rest there.

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
You are saying that a belief in god is stupid, on a Sikh forum, that is pretty stupid don't you think?
"...hurrah !" and well done !

Sir, on the one hand you're saying, its sheer stupidity to be questioning belief in God on a Sikh forum and yet on the other, you're saying, "is there a God?". That too, on a Sikh forum ? What's the catch ?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
"...hurrah !" and well done !

Sir, on the one hand you're saying, its sheer stupidity to be questioning belief in God on a Sikh forum and yet on the other, you're saying, "is there a God?". That too, on a Sikh forum ? What's the catch ?
Devji we are deviating from topic, so I will open a thread just for you, we can debate the rest there.

If you read my post carefully you will see that the post you are referring to was opened so that this thread is not diluted and remains on topic, it is not my question, it is Devji's question, I am attempting to discourage long tangents on threads by creating new threads instead. I hope that is ok, if you have any better suggestions I will always be happy to implement them provided they are within TOS. Also the word stupidity needs to be taken in the context it was used.

I am always happy to take any feedback or assistance, after all, I am here to serve you.

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
If you read my post carefully you will see that the post you are referring to was opened so that this thread is not diluted and remains on topic, it is not my question, it is Devji's question, I am attempting to discourage long tangents on threads by creating new threads instead. I hope that is ok, if you have any better suggestions I will always be happy to implement them provided they are within TOS. Also the word stupidity needs to be taken in the context it was used.

I am always happy to take any feedback or assistance, after all, I am here to serve you.
...sometimes I'm lost for words, especially when sum1 like you who has the nuance to flabbergast. This is that time and I'm deeply touched !

If you continue in like manner and be the supreme officer of SPN, I'm sure you'll send home a message that Sikh and God are like Fish n Water, inseparable as it were, and relegate the likes of me into early exile.

Thank you Sir !

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: