• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India How Congress Invented A 'Sant'

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I think he also thought about "Gurmatta" (Sikh consensus). But the whole kaum was with him in a way. He had a lot of support (but there were 'moderate' Sikhs who didn't side with him). Something like which happened for Bhai Rajoana, everyone came out and spoke against his hanging. Sadly that morcha has now faded out.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
I think he also thought about "Gurmatta" (Sikh consensus). But the whole kaum was with him in a way. He had a lot of support (but there were 'moderate' Sikhs who didn't side with him). Something like which happened for Bhai Rajoana, everyone came out and spoke against his hanging. Sadly that morcha has now faded out.

Before the attack happened on Amritsar, no one was with Bhidranwala. Ironically, I was one of his few supporters. After the attack, many supported Bhindranwala, but that was due to the fact the Temple was atttacked. ironically, I stopped supporting him, after I found out about the politicking that had happened with him and Sanjay Gandhi.

Consensus is about talking to people and getting common ground. The only common ground he succeeded in doing was a common hatred for the Indian Government, and Hindu bashing. Thats not good in my eyes, because the problem was Congress and Indira Gandhi. There were many Hindu's sympathetic to the plight of the Sikhs.

I don't think he had the ability of say someone like Maharaja Ranjit Singh to build consensus.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Many great Gursikhs came from the British Army.

Gursikhs like Baba Attar Singh ji and bhai Randhir Singh ji are Satkaryog. Their contribution to the Sikh Panth is priceless.

Bhai Randhir Singh ji spent 16 years of his life in jail following arrest from the British. Bhai sahib opposed the British when they knocked downed the wall of a historic Gurdwara, Rakab Ganj. Bhai Sahib met and praised bhai Kartar Singh ji Sarabha and also met Bhagat Singh ji in jail. It was desh bhagats like these that helped India achieve independence from the British.

Fake Sants will be forgotten. The real Sants are like Jarnail Singh ji Bhindranwale, Harnam Singh ji Rampur Khera wale e.t.c. were at the forefront of the struggle against the Congress govenment during the early 80s.

Remember it was bhai Jarnail Singh ji Bhindranwale who fought against the Congress. Ultimately, our older brother fought bravely against the Indian Army and gave their life for the chardi kala of the panth.

Many have tried to smear him and have failed just like this article. Just walk into any Gurdwara around the world and you will see pictures of this great Sant-Sipahi. They continue to inspire the younger generations towards Sikhi. Countless have been inspired to chakk amrit after reading about the jeevan of bhai Jarnail Singh ji Bhindranwale.

Sant Bhindranwale Sant Sipaahi!
Jina Suthee Quom Jagaayee

I really like your post.
We should be very careful how we use the word Sant. Just like people shouldnt say all 'sikh's are... and all 'muslims are ... etc etc.
Amongst the many fake sants, there are true sants that started like me and you (affected by the 5 thieves) that rose and became what SGGS Ji showed them. Living proof of the divine light in SGGS Ji.

Crossing paths with a True Sant is surely a blessing.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
History Check: How many SANT BABAS were picked by Guru Gobind Singh ji for the PANJ PYARAS in 1699 ?? NOT ONE.
How many SANT BABAS are MARTYRS in SIKH HISTORY ?? NONE...

The point of what occured in 1699 was not to pick already enlightened souls, but to show the masses (normal folk affected by the 5 thieves) that still had doubt, that if they can give their head, remove all shackles of fear and doubt, that even the guru will bow to you.

Only 5, out of the masses stood up. The masses had a perfect guru before them, yet they're love and trust wasnt deep and pure enought to stand up and give their whole being to the guru.

The whole event would have had no meaning if he selected 5 already enlightened souls.

God bless all

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
God bless all

MY point is NOT a single "enlightened" soul SANT stood up to be counted. ALL the 5 who stood up were simple everday BHAI....and from the very FIRST BHAI...BHAI MARDANA Ji who was a simple Muslim Mirasee but who was enlightened enough to GIVE HIS ALL..and FOLLOW the TRUE GURU to the Ends of the earth...to Bhais like mati dass, sati dass, dyala ji, mani singh banda singh deep singh etc etc etc etc etc etc...ALL ARE BHAI...not a single sant...or sri 108..or Brahmgyani maharaj..satguru...etc etc....

And I am 1000000000% SURE each of those BHAIS I mentioned above are TRULY ENLIGHTENED SOULS..only they never liked Titles...or people bowing at their feet, washing their feet and drinking the "amrit"..or washing their kacherras...or carrying their garrva while they went about doing their business...THEY WERE MARRIED, HOUSEHOLDERS, Labourers, farmers, carpenters, iron smiths etc etc..and all had family responsibilities, etc etc..NONE sat around in BHORAS doing "meditation" to SAVE the Burning World !!! all worked hard at earning and gave out DASWANDH on a daily basis..instead of collecting a large dhaarr of dholki-chhanneh kutting wehlarr youths and going on PARCHAAR TOURS collecting Dollars by the GUNNI.. and back home building huge marble deras...NOT in the GURUS NAME..but Parmeshar Dwaar, nanaksar THAATH etc etc...

THESE are the ones like Termites eating at our roots...destroying us form within...at the behest of agencies like rss bjp bhagwa brigade etc...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
One more final point..we must never make the mistake of placing Bhai sahib bhai randhir Singh in the same group as these "sants"...He may have had similar "experiences" (like being marked Present while actually absent attending an akhand paath is just one)....BUT he never let anyone attach any titles to his name, he never built any deras, or had chelas follow him lime slaves..all he did was Nirol kirtan and he gave a huge chink of hsi life to the Guru Khalsa Panth. (What some of his fllowers do in his anme today is of no concern to me becasue HE HIMSELF never let anything come betweeen him and the GURU SGGS - he couldnt be bought, he couldnt be forced to submit via torture..he was INVINCIBLE !! He is the First and ONLY ONE Singh to be Honored by ALL FIVE TAKHATS. as Bhai Sahib Bhai......in itself a unique one off event because the Five Takhats have NEVER agreed on anything ever...What is RIGHT is always RIGHT and I never play favourites...we have to give just dues where its due..and Bhai Sahib bhai randhir Singh sure earned his dues.( Read his jail chhitthian autobiography). Sincere apologies to anyone who doesnt agree with me on THIS ONE...I am NOT a Akhand Kirtani jatha member..BUT have several close family members who are STAUNCH AKJ...:happysingh:

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
MY point is NOT a single "enlightened" soul SANT stood up to be counted. ALL the 5 who stood up were simple everday BHAI....and from the very FIRST BHAI...BHAI MARDANA Ji who was a simple Muslim Mirasee but who was enlightened enough to GIVE HIS ALL..and FOLLOW the TRUE GURU to the Ends of the earth...to Bhais like mati dass, sati dass, dyala ji, mani singh banda singh deep singh etc etc etc etc etc etc...ALL ARE BHAI...not a single sant...or sri 108..or Brahmgyani maharaj..satguru...etc etc....

And I am 1000000000% SURE each of those BHAIS I mentioned above are TRULY ENLIGHTENED SOULS..only they never liked Titles...or people bowing at their feet, washing their feet and drinking the "amrit"..or washing their kacherras...or carrying their garrva while they went about doing their business...THEY WERE MARRIED, HOUSEHOLDERS, Labourers, farmers, carpenters, iron smiths etc etc..and all had family responsibilities, etc etc..NONE sat around in BHORAS doing "meditation" to SAVE the Burning World !!! all worked hard at earning and gave out DASWANDH on a daily basis..instead of collecting a large dhaarr of dholki-chhanneh kutting wehlarr youths and going on PARCHAAR TOURS collecting Dollars by the GUNNI.. and back home building huge marble deras...NOT in the GURUS NAME..but Parmeshar Dwaar, nanaksar THAATH etc etc...

THESE are the ones like Termites eating at our roots...destroying us form within...at the behest of agencies like rss bjp bhagwa brigade etc...

Giani Ji,

Gurbani has the most beautiful things to say about Sants/Gursikhs/Branhmgianis...whatever you want to call them. Fakesters are there in numbers in every profession. We play a dangerous game coluring the good few with the dirty stained cloth of the ones that are covered in dirt.

It's like saying "Priests are dirty perverted individuals" and gone ahead and tarnished the image of the few that are immersed in gods love. there is too much of this generlising going on in todays filthy world

Most of what you said is 100% write. You mention that the 5 that stood up had all the pure attributes...you list the attributes of the TRUE enlightened souls compared to the attributes of the FAKE ones. We need to use this to distinguish between the TRUE and the FAKE....not to tarnish ALL.

Also many posters always write "as a sikh i should accept and live by the Hukam".

God is the only doer, all the things as good or as bad as they may seem are there for our souls to experience.

to be conscious of Hot, you need to have experienced and be conscious of cold...otherwise Hot would cease to exist as an experience (we have nothing to compare it to). consciousness stops.

To experience un-conditional love, one must also experience the opposite, a supposed love filled with conditions, fears and selfishness and rules.

to experience and be conscious of the guidance of purity (maybe from a true Sant), souls may also have to experience and be conscious of being misled and betrayed. Truth cannot be experienced without the experience of falshood.

accepting Hukam is accepting all of the above.
Its all a play devised to open up our consciousness bit by bit until we realise our true divine potential and our true state of being. Gods waking us all up :)

God is pure consciousness, for consciousness to exist it needs something to be conscious of (creation).

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The Book is GHUJJEH BHEAT..Hidden secrets..by RK Dhawan...inside there you will find how Indira Gandhi was forced to Sanction the downing of sanjay gandhis plane so as to kill off an embarrassment...a mother shaking her head in a YES motion to have the plane brought down....Many many such hidden secrets by insider...

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009
The Book is GHUJJEH BHEAT..Hidden secrets..by RK Dhawan...inside there you will find how Indira Gandhi was forced to Sanction the downing of sanjay gandhis plane so as to kill off an embarrassment...a mother shaking her head in a YES motion to have the plane brought down....Many many such hidden secrets by insider...

Gyanni jee,
Never heard of this book "Gujjeh Bheat" by R K Dhawan. Is this the same R K Dhawan who was Indras P.A. I will be highly thankful to you, if you can forward me the publisher's name or some source to procure it.
Regards & Gurfateh.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
OOps..deepest apologies Jios...Its KHULLEH BHEAT...OPEN SECRETS by EX Joint Director RAW MK Dhar.
Its Published by Chatar singh jiwan singh book publishers amritsar. I have the Translated version. Original English Punjabi By Dr Gurcharan Singh Aulakh.ISBN 81-7601-746-5
SORRY FOR THE MIX UP JIOS..

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: