• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Halal Meat On The Rise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Bhai Mardana told First Master the sorrow he had after seeing fisher man killing the fish

As regards to being non-halal i.e. where an animal is not slowly and painfully bled to death thus not prolonging the agony, suffering and trauma.

What about fish? How do we know that the fish sold in the market or supermarkets have not been through a slow and painful death.?

Bhai Mardana told First Master the sorrow he had after seeing fisher man killing the fish

This bani Akal sent of First Master.

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ਘਰੁ ਦੂਜਾ
सिरीरागु महला १ घरु दूजा २ ॥
sireeraag mehlaa 1 ghar doojaa 2.
Siree Raag, First Mehl, Second House:

ਆਪੇ ਰਸੀਆ ਆਪਿ ਰਸੁ ਆਪੇ ਰਾਵਣਹਾਰੁ
आपे रसीआ आपि रसु आपे रावणहारु ॥
aapay rasee-aa aap ras aapay ravanhaar.
He Himself is the Enjoyer, and He Himself is the Enjoyment. He Himself is the Ravisher of all.

ਆਪੇ ਹੋਵੈ ਚੋਲੜਾ ਆਪੇ ਸੇਜ ਭਤਾਰੁ ॥੧॥
आपे होवै चोलड़ा आपे सेज भतारु ॥१॥
aapay hovai cholrhaa aapay sayj bhataar. ||1||
He Himself is the Bride in her dress, He Himself is the Bridegroom on the bed. ||1||

ਰੰਗਿ ਰਤਾ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਰਵਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਭਰਪੂਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
रंगि रता मेरा साहिबु रवि रहिआ भरपूरि ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
rang rataa mayraa saahib rav rahi-aa bharpoor. ||1|| rahaa-o.
My Lord and Master is imbued with love; He is totally permeating and pervading all. ||1||Pause||

ਆਪੇ ਮਾਛੀ ਮਛੁਲੀ ਆਪੇ ਪਾਣੀ ਜਾਲੁ
आपे माछी मछुली आपे पाणी जालु ॥
aapay maachhee machhulee aapay paanee jaal.
He Himself is the fisherman and the fish; He Himself is the water and the net.

ਆਪੇ ਜਾਲ ਮਣਕੜਾ ਆਪੇ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਲਾਲੁ ॥੨॥
आपे जाल मणकड़ा आपे अंदरि लालु ॥२॥
aapay jaal mankarhaa aapay andar laal. ||2||
He Himself is the sinker, and He Himself is the bait. ||2||

ਆਪੇ ਬਹੁ ਬਿਧਿ ਰੰਗੁਲਾ ਸਖੀਏ ਮੇਰਾ ਲਾਲੁ
आपे बहु बिधि रंगुला सखीए मेरा लालु ॥
aapay baho biDh rangulaa sakhee-ay mayraa laal.
He Himself loves in so many ways. O sister soul-brides, He is my Beloved.

ਨਿਤ ਰਵੈ ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਦੇਖੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਹਾਲੁ ॥੩॥
नित रवै सोहागणी देखु हमारा हालु ॥३॥
nit ravai sohaaganee daykh hamaaraa haal. ||3||
He continually ravishes and enjoys the happy soul-brides; just look at the plight I am in without Him! ||3||

ਪ੍ਰਣਵੈ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਤੂ ਸਰਵਰੁ ਤੂ ਹੰਸੁ
प्रणवै नानकु बेनती तू सरवरु तू हंसु ॥
paranvai naanak bayntee too sarvar too hans.
Prays Nanak, please hear my prayer: You are the pool, and You are the soul-swan.

ਕਉਲੁ ਤੂ ਹੈ ਕਵੀਆ ਤੂ ਹੈ ਆਪੇ ਵੇਖਿ ਵਿਗਸੁ ॥੪॥੨੫॥
कउलु तू है कवीआ तू है आपे वेखि विगसु ॥४॥२५॥
ka-ul too hai kavee-aa too hai aapay vaykh vigas. ||4||25||
You are the lotus flower of the day and You are the water-lily of the night. You Yourself behold them, and blossom forth in bliss. ||4||25||

Last edited by a moderator:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
thanks for informative post gyani ji.but now sikhism is severly divided over meat eating.the worst thing is that vegetarian sikhs from taksal and akj regularly humilate other sikhs who eat meat that they are not sikhs.recently a person started topic on sikhsangat about meat eating. he clearly wrote
that this topic is only for jhatka eating sikhs.but 4-5 persons started humilating him that he should go to muslim forum as sikhs don't eat meat.
if some sikhs have this type of attituide then i think chances of unity in panth are weak.

my grandfather was amritdhari sikh.he settled in delhi after partition .he lived
a very honest and simple gursikh life .but he too ate meat not as an addict but once or twice in a month. thats why when i started visiting forums i was quite shocked to see humilation of meat eating sikhs.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
thanks for informative post gyani ji.but now sikhism is severly divided over meat eating.the worst thing is that vegetarian sikhs from taksal and akj regularly humilate other sikhs who eat meat that they are not sikhs.recently a person started topic on sikhsangat about meat eating. he clearly wrote
that this topic is only for jhatka eating sikhs.but 4-5 persons started humilating him that he should go to muslim forum as sikhs don't eat meat.
if some sikhs have this type of attituide then i think chances of unity in panth are weak.

my grandfather was amritdhari sikh.he settled in delhi after partition .he lived
a very honest and simple gursikh life .but he too ate meat not as an addict but once or twice in a month. thats why when i started visiting forums i was quite shocked to see humilation of meat eating sikhs.

Dear KDS Ji,
Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji KI fateh.

As long as we are aware of what Guru Ji really says and we know our Rehat Maryada..IGNORE all such people. After ALL..its GURU NANAK JI who declared..FOOLS argue. This means that Guru Ji also faced this same "problem"...and Guru Angad ji said MOORKHAN naal na LUJHIYEAH..Dont bother about FOOLS..ignore them.

About UNITY..this very Problem about MEAT, Raagmala, and BNG offered as Dsam Granth..was Purposely PLANTED by vested interests to BRING about DISUNITY..and they succeeded. Prior to 1930s before the fast spread of RADHA SOAMI BEAS...and related Nanaksar, Namdharis etc..NO body ahd heard of daal eaters in Punjab Villages..Goats were slaughtered in public..Nihungs do it even now.( on DG, etc Nihungs and taksalis akj etc are Ghee Kchirree solidly UNITED !! BUT on MEAT eating and DRUGS they differ..Marriage of Conveneince !!) So as long as we have these "vestyed interests" pushing thier BUTTONS..there will be NO UNITY..it takes two hands to clap...

My advise is..stick to your GUNS..we know it is RIGHT.

Gyani jarnail Singh

Tejpal

SPNer
Oct 9, 2006
roll up roll up get your foul stinky satanic burgers freshly slaughtered hear ye hear ye :}--}:

Jul 10, 2006
This made me laugh!.:}{}{}: The Times Newspaper has a slightly longer version on this - pg 13 headed "School in retreat on 'halal-only' Christmas.

The Times November 18, 2006
News in Brief

Halal Christmas plan abandoned A comprehensive school has changed its mind over its plan to offer a Christmas menu featuring only chicken slaughtered in the halal tradition after some parents complained.

NI_MPU('middle');
Oakwood School in Rotherham, South Yorkshire, will now offer a traditional turkey alternative, said Jan Charters, its headteacher. “Having listened to the concerns . . . we have agreed to provide turkey along with the halal chicken and the vegetarian option, so that we can cater for everyone,” she added. It is believed that a few parents complained to the school at which 20 per cent of the 1,070 pupils are Muslim

Dec 27, 2004
Hertfordshire England
This made me laugh!.:}{}{}: The Times Newspaper has a slightly longer version on this - pg 13 headed "School in retreat on 'halal-only' Christmas.

The Times November 18, 2006
News in Brief

Halal Christmas plan abandoned A comprehensive school has changed its mind over its plan to offer a Christmas menu featuring only chicken slaughtered in the halal tradition after some parents complained.

NI_MPU('middle');
Oakwood School in Rotherham, South Yorkshire, will now offer a traditional turkey alternative, said Jan Charters, its headteacher. “Having listened to the concerns . . . we have agreed to provide turkey along with the halal chicken and the vegetarian option, so that we can cater for everyone,” she added. It is believed that a few parents complained to the school at which 20 per cent of the 1,070 pupils are Muslim

There is a madness gripping England that is hell bent on destroying us as a nation and placing Isalm as the state religion, the low life scum we have ruling our country do everything they can to suport and encourage assistance to the Muslim comunity in their islamification of Britain.
I hate everything about these leftwing dogooders.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
dear coopes

the muslim appeasement madness is not only spreading in england but also in india because of their large votebank.nobody cares about other minorities

one thing i don't understand is why white's attack hindu's and sikhs which are quite peaceful minorities.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Bhai KDSingh JI,

If you also want to an Amritdhair and without Brahmanical restrictions and with allowing to eat meat.And if you live in Delhi.Contact das with PM.We have two Sikh institution still with old fashion of Amrit Sanskar without any wrong interpetaions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM