• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurus Coming To The Rescue In Ardaas?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Sat Sri Akal!

I present for your reference the second paragraph of standard SGPC Ardaas:

[SIZE=-1] Having first thought of the Almighty's prowess, let us think of Guru Nanak. Then of Guru Angad, Amardas and Ramdas - may they be our rescuers! Remember, then, Arjan, Hargobind and Har Rai. Meditate then on revered Har Krishan on seeing whom all suffering vanishes. Think then of Teg Bahadar, remembrance of whom brings all nine treasures. He comes to rescue every where. Then of the tenth Lord, revered Guru Gobind Singh, who comes to rescue every where. The embodiment of the light of all ten sovereign lordships, the Guru Granth - think of the view and reading of it and say, "Waheguru (Wondrous Destroyer of Darkness)".

[/SIZE]
'... Then of Guru Angad, Amardas and Ramdas - may they be our rescuers!'

'... Think then of Teg Cahadar, remembrance of whom brings all nine treasures. He comes to rescue everywhere. Then of the tenth Lord, revered Guru Gobind Singh, who comes to rescue everywhere.'

What is meant by 'come to rescue everywhere'? I was wondering this today. Are we supposed to regard the Gurus almost as saints whom we can call upon to 'come to our rescue'?

Is it acceptable to address an ardaas to a specific Guru?

Also, I have seen this list on the Internet and wondered where it comes from and what truth there is in it?

Each one of the ten Gurus represents a divine attribute:

Thanks for your thoughts.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
That is why the ARDASS as given by Guru Arjun Ji Sahib in SGGS..TUM THAKUR..tum peh ardass..is so PERFECT that no one can raise the slightest doubts ( of the kind rasied by Ishna Ji )...unlike that First Paurree from DG that has seeds of doubt in the very first word..BHAGAUTI whose meaning is NOT what Bhagauti means in SGGS....it fails on the touchstone of Gurbani of SGGS.

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
What is meant by 'come to rescue everywhere'? I was wondering this today. Are we supposed to regard the Gurus almost as saints whom we can call upon to 'come to our rescue'?

Yes they 'come' to our rescue when we recite their Baani. But for that it is important ki asi Baani Kanth kariye (we remember it by heart).

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Sis,

my interpretation would be that they come to rescue by the information contained in the divine voices in our heads, the Gurus in my view live in our heads as guides to Waheguru and controllers of the thieves

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: