• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru Granth Sahib - The Only Sikh Canon

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
This article by Jasbir Singh Mann is an in-depth rejoinder/refutation to the article jointly prepared by sridasamgranth.com and patshahi10.org (compilied by unknown authors?).

Article One: The link to that articles is here.

Article Two: The critical analysis and further exposition of the article can been found here.

Both of these PDF files are also attached for the benefit of readers.

It would prudent to read the article Two after going through the article One as quoted above. Thank You.

Gurfateh

Attachments

• Sri_Dasam_Granth_Q_and_A.pdf
    1.2 MB · Reads: 467
  • Rejoinder to Sri Dasam Granth SahibThe Second Canon of the Sikhs Jasbir Singh Mann.pdf
    2.9 MB · Reads: 382
  • guru_gobind_singh.jpg
    guru_gobind_singh.jpg
    9.6 KB · Reads: 350
Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I removed my thanks. Did not pick up criticism of Dr. Jasbir Singh Mann. Dr. Mann has written many many excellent works of sound scholarship. -- but I don't actually think Sarangi was criticizing in more than a general way. Benefit of the doubt. Sarangi why not tell us what your thinking was when you posted :sarcasm:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Both articles are well written but I have to wonder.....why complicate things? Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji contains everything we could possibly need!

Seekr9 ji

Dr. Jasbir Singh Mann has written many articles with an eye to the lack of evidence for the argument that Dasam Granth is Gurbani, and/or should have equal parkash with Sri Guru Granth Sahib. He has written these articles without commenting further. I am almost positive he would agree with you.

Aug 6, 2006
SSA,
There is no doubt in everyone mind that guru granth sahib ji is the only holy scripture of sikhism.There are a little people saying otherwise but as I said only a little, as compared to the ones who belive in SGGS ji. The Discussions in the internet forum are surely going to help but I think awareness compaign has be at grassroot level, in the villages, among the masses. Its the masses who the ant-sikh elements gather on occasions and try to project them as their strength. Thats the real area where lot of work is needed
roopsidhu

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM