• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru Granth Sahib English Translation By Dr. Darshan Singh

jaspinder789

SPNer
Jun 7, 2010
An excellent steek of Guru Granth Sahib by Dr. Darshan Singh is now available . The steek is an excellent effort on the part of Dr. Darshan Singh who has given his everything to bring out this masterpiece for the Sikhs around the world .This steek is an excellent Translation of complete Guru Granth Sahib ji alongwith the English transliteration of each and every line , with the bani in Punjabi accompanied by its meaning or translation in English language .

This effectively means that Sikhs around the world who are not so well versed in Gurmukhi but know English can benefit immensely from this innovation . The best part is that each and every line of Gurbani is accompanied by its English translation which explains the meanings of the verse and the transliteration which gives the correct pronunciation of the bani to the english reader as it would be spoken in Punjabi in its original form . This means the reader can now both recite Bani of Guru Granth Sahib Ji accurately as well as understand it thoroughly . This helps a great deal if one is to live his life according to the instructions of the living Guru – Guru Granth Sahib ji which are contained in His Divine Word which is the Bani of Guru Granth Sahib ji .

This English translation is therefore great news for the Sikh Community around the world .who can now understand Gurbani more easily than ever before. http://www.jsks.co.in/Sri Guru Granth Sahib_darshan_singh.htm

swarn

SPNer
Dec 23, 2013
I was looking at the comments on Dr darshan singh's translation of sggs. It is a good news and it should be a good work. i admire his work although i have not read it but the person has put up lot of effort and that is commendable

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM