• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Guru Granth Saheb Invited To Attend A Wedding!

Jun 1, 2004
According to an article in today's Indian Express a devout Sikh from Amritsar- Balkar Singh, who happens to be a government servant, has invited the Guru Granth Saheb to attend his daughter's wedding. He says that the Guru Granth Saheb is the living Guru so he has sent the invitation which has been accepted by the Head Granthi of the Golden Temple! Meanwhile, the SGPC officials said that it was not for the first time that the Guru Granth Saheb has been invited!

With Regards

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

Guru Granth ji is ALWAYS present at a Sikh Anand Karaj...not as a "guest" the MASTER. The Laavaan da paath is read and Guru ji's HUKMNAMA is acceptance. Ardass is also performed towards this same objective.

What is the objective of calling "guru Ji' a "guest"...it seems to be an attempt to make everyy other guest EQUAL to GURU JI.....and more importanltly what would GURU JI be "doing" AFTER the Lavaan/Ardass/Hukmnama and Diwan hgas ended..will Guur Ji sroop be taken to the Langgar hall for LUNCH ??..and go along everywhere the wedding party goes ?? It looks like a publicity stunt to me.
The Jurist Living Person directive applies to Properties and thse can be held in GURU Ji's "name" that is belong to the SANGAT...example GURDWARAS and their Properties can be willed to Guru Ji's name. Rai Bhullar of Sabo Kee Talwandi willed HALF his vast acerage of 1800 acres to GURU NANAK. This is now held in Nankana Sahib Gurdwara sahib's name. Recently the descendants of rai Bhullar in pakistan went to the Pak Suptreme Court to get this will anuulled but failed.

Jarnail Singh

Amerikaur

SPNer
Feb 19, 2005
America
How very disappointing.

I realize that there are many old Hindu practices that have not quite fallen away from the Panabi Sikh diaspora. I can forgive a mortal for perhaps an unintentional insult to the eteranal SGGS...but personally I am very sick that the SGPC has played in to such a trapping by accepting the invitiation.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: