• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru And God No Difference

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
1. Guru is God and God is Guru. There is no difference.

2. All is God, All is Guru.( Sabh Gobind Hai)

Our first very step is recognizing Guru as God, Only then the truth about- all is He Himself can be recognized(this what I moorakh believe). For those who cant see Guru as Waheguru Himself(I am not against what they think or believe- as they say what they can understand Guru as(kathna kathee na aavay toth), BUT this is what Guru Ji says):
A true sikh believes in Shabad, not in anything else.

Guru Ji tells:

English Translation(SikhiToTheMax):

Gauree Poorbee, Fourth Mehl:
You are Merciful, the Destroyer of all pain. Please give me Your Ear and listen to my prayer.
Please unite me with the True Guru, my breath of life; through Him, O my Lord and Master, You are known. ||1||
O Lord, I acknowledge the True Guru as the Supreme Lord God.
I am foolish and ignorant, and my intellect is impure. Through the Teachings of the Guru, the True Guru, O Lord, I come to know You. ||1||Pause||
All the pleasures and enjoyments which I have seen - I have found them all to be bland and insipid.
I have tasted the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, by meeting the True Guru. It is sweet, like the juice of the sugarcane. ||2||
Those who have not met the Guru, the True Guru, are foolish and insane - they are faithless cynics.
Those who were pre-ordained to have no good karma at all - gazing into the lamp of emotional attachment, they are burnt, like moths in a flame. ||3||
Those whom You, in Your Mercy, have met, Lord, are committed to Your Service.
Servant Nanak chants the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, Har. He is famous, and through the Guru's Teachings, He merges in the Name. ||4||4||18||56||
source: SikhiToTheMax

Punjabi Translation(source:GuruGranthDarpan):

(hy BweI!) mYN siqgurU ƒ (Awqmk jIvn ivc) rwm pwrbRhm dy brwbr dw mMinAw hY [ mYN mUrK sW, mhW mUrK sW, mYlI miq vwlw sW, gurU siqgurU dy aupdyS (dI brkiq) nwl mYN prmwqmw nwl jwx-pCwx pw leI hY [1[rhwau[
hy (jIvW dy) swry duK nws krn vwly suAwmI! qUM dieAw dw Gr hYN, myrI iek ArzoeI iDAwn nwl sux [ mYƒ auh siqgurU imlw jo myrI ijMd (dw shwrw) hY, ijs dI ikrpw qoN qyry nwl fUMGI sWJ pYNdI hY [1[
jgq dy ijqny BI hor hor (iksm dy) rs hn, mYN vyK ley hn, auh swry hI iP`ky hn iP`ky hn [ gurU ƒ iml ky mYN Awqmk jIvn dyx vwlw prmwqmw dw nwm-rs c`iKAw hY, auh rs im`Tw hY ijvyN gMny dw rs im`Tw huMdw hY [2[
ijnHW mnu`KW ƒ gurU nhIN imldw, auh mUrK prmwqmw nwloN tu`ty rihMdy hn, auh mwieAw dy ip`Cy J`ly hoey iPrdy hn [ (pr auhnW dy BI kIh v`s?) DuroN (prmwqmw ny) auhnW dy BwgW ivc (ieh) nIvyN kMm hI pw id`qy hn, auh mwieAw dy moh ivc ieauN sVdy rihMdy hn ijvyN dIvy ƒ vyK ky (pqMgy) [3[
hy pRBU! ijnHW mnu`KW ƒ qUM imhr kr ky (gurU-crnW ivc) imlWdw hYN, auh, hy hrI! qyrI syvw-BgqI ivc lgy rihMdy hn [ hy dws nwnk! auh prmwqmw dw nwm jp jm ky cmk pYNdy hn, gurU dI miq auqy qur ky auh pRBU dy nwm ivc lIn rihMdy hn [4[4[18[56[
source: PAGE 169 - Punjabi Translation of Siri Guru Granth Sahib (Sri Guru Granth Darpan).

Guru Shabad:
gauVI pUrbI mhlw 4 ]
qum dieAwl srb duK BMjn iek ibnau sunhu dy kwny ]
ijs qy qum hir jwny suAwmI so siqguru myil myrw pRwny ]1]
rwm hm siqgur pwrbRhm kir mwny ]
hm mUV mugD AsuD miq hoqy gur siqgur kY bcin hir hm jwny ]1] rhwau ]
ijqny rs An rs hm dyKy sB iqqny PIk PIkwny ]
hir kw nwmu AMimRq rsu cwiKAw imil siqgur mIT rs gwny ]2]
ijn kau guru siqguru nhI ByitAw qy swkq mUV idvwny ]
iqn ky krmhIn Duir pwey dyiK dIpku moih pcwny ]3]
ijn kau qum dieAw kir mylhu qy hir hir syv lgwny ]
jn nwnk hir hir hir jip pRgty miq gurmiq nwim smwny ]4]4]18]56]

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
I agree!
What I dont get is AmbarDhara posts all these quotes from SGGS, and from the quotes it becomes quite clear that a guru is not God, although we are all part of him/her, we ARE NOT him/her. We cannot be because we are finite, and God is infinite. Still AmbarDhara, insists... I guess, us finite human beings cannot do anything. God created him to think that way, and it is up to him/her to decided what to do with Ambardhara.
Peace out

Bhagat Singh ji

In response read my new thread under Do Not Disrespect Satguru Nanak

It should help you from getting into confusion.

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Gurbani signifies the fact that there is no distinction between God and Guru.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was considered a Guru by the public when they found Creator qualities in Him.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji passed on Guru Gaddi to Guru Angad Dev Ji. So Guru Angad became Nanak and so on untill Gurgaddi is passed on to Guru Granth Sahib Ji- Now Gurbani is Nanak. So is every realized Soul.

Nanak is the Creator Himself, present everywhere.

Waheguru

Tuhada Das
Yograj

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was considered a Guru by the public when they found Creator qualities in Him.

The creator is not a person, Guru Nanak Dev JI is. The qualities of Guru Nanak are person qualities not creator qualities. Again saying Nanak is present everywhere? Was he present in both mecca and india when he was spreading his message? Hmm, maybe that's his secret, he didn't travel at all, he was present everywhere! Spread his message in a day and chilled the rest of his life doing meditation. :shifty: Hmm... Makes me wonder...

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Bhagat Singh ji

In response read my new thread under Do Not Disrespect Satguru Nanak

It should help you from getting into confusion.

Please provide link. I really don't have time to look for it. Sorry ofr any inconvinience.

Never mind i found it.

Last edited:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Bhagat ji

You may want to go back and reconsider what Ambardhara is suggesting. It is very unlikely that Guru and Guruji are meant to be understood as human, finite, incarnations of God, or sidhu's collecting money from the desperate. Unless of course I am mistaken, "Guru" ad "Guruji" refer to the Satgur, to God, whose voice is heard in the shabad, in the form of the Guru given us by Sri Guru Gobind Singh as the last Guru.

That's all!
Ok Aad ji, I agree and that is my view exactly. I speak out to those people that bow in front of pictures, thinking that they are bowing to God. OR people that think Guru Nanak as in the person Guru Nanak, was/is God. I don't know why people say he was God when we know we are all part of God, and to Sikhs that should be REALLY obvious (because the Oneness of the human race concept if partially based on that, that were all part of the same God). So saying Guru Nanak was God is like saying you( Aad Ji) are God. We can say Guru Nanak had quite an intellect (perhaps he was more smarter than us), I totally agree. :)
hmm maybe, someone should make a thread on that... now that would be interesting. :wink:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Baghat ji

We do not quite agree. Nanaak was Guru, Nanaak has not gone away. After 10 Nanaak's, 10 Gurus, the 11th, Guruji, is also the Sat Guru. Guru is God.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Baghat ji

We do not quite agree. Nanaak was Guru, Nanaak has not gone away. After 10 Nanaak's, 10 Gurus, the 11th, Guruji, is also the Sat Guru. Guru is God.
Thanks for spelling my name incorrectly.
Thanks for spelling Guru Nanak's name incorrectly as well.
No just kidding.

We do agree. I agree with what you just said. By Sat Guru if you mean a true guru then, yep, we agree.
But Guru is not God. Although, God is Guru. Why guru is not God because Guru is a person. But God is Guru why? because He/She teaches us many things, etc.

You might disagree with that and say, Guru is God, God is Guru, there is no difference, it works both ways.
No it doesn't, why? Because if I say it is raining, the roads MUST be wet. This is like saying saying God is Guru.

But, if I say the roads ARE wet, so it MUST be raining. This of course is not true, because of many reasons. This is like saying Guru is God.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Baghat ji

I noticed you are also referring to the passage, waho waho bani Nirankar hai. this is a metaphor, saying hey people look this Bani is so good, it's like God.

Hmm, Guru is God could definetly be a metaphor. But is not literally true.

Peace out. :D

Apr 4, 2007
So saying Guru Nanak was God is like saying you( Aad Ji) are God. We can say Guru Nanak had quite an intellect (perhaps he was more smarter than us), I totally agree. :)
hmm maybe, someone should make a thread on that... now that would be interesting. :wink:

the difference between God in us mortals and God in Guru is that when Guru spoke, it was God's words that came out of his mouth/pen.

Jaisī mai āvai kẖasam kī baṇī ṯaisṛā karī gi*ān vė lālo.
As the Word of the Forgiving Lord comes to me, so do I express it, O Lalo.

or
Naḏar ṯuḏẖ arḏās mėrī jinn āp upā*i*ā.
It is Yours to bestow Your Grace, and it is mine to speak this prayer; You created Yourself.

Ŧā mai kahi*ā kahaṇ jā ṯujẖai kahā*i*ā. ||2||
When I have spoken, I spoke as You made me speak. ||2||

there are many more verses which show that the words Guru spoke were the word of God himself. until God starts speaking through you, i'd say Guru Sahib's greatness is more than simple intellect. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
1. Guru is God and God is Guru. There is no difference.

2. All is God, All is Guru.( Sabh Gobind Hai)

Our first very step is recognizing Guru as God, Only then the truth about- all is He Himself can be recognized(this what I moorakh believe). For those who cant see Guru as Waheguru Himself(I am not against what they think or believe- as they say what they can understand Guru as(kathna kathee na aavay toth), BUT this is what Guru Ji says):
A true sikh believes in Shabad, not in anything else.

Guru Ji tells:

English Translation(SikhiToTheMax):

Gauree Poorbee, Fourth Mehl:
You are Merciful, the Destroyer of all pain. Please give me Your Ear and listen to my prayer.
Please unite me with the True Guru, my breath of life; through Him, O my Lord and Master, You are known. ||1||
O Lord, I acknowledge the True Guru as the Supreme Lord God.
I am foolish and ignorant, and my intellect is impure. Through the Teachings of the Guru, the True Guru, O Lord, I come to know You. ||1||Pause||
All the pleasures and enjoyments which I have seen - I have found them all to be bland and insipid.
I have tasted the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, by meeting the True Guru. It is sweet, like the juice of the sugarcane. ||2||
Those who have not met the Guru, the True Guru, are foolish and insane - they are faithless cynics.
Those who were pre-ordained to have no good karma at all - gazing into the lamp of emotional attachment, they are burnt, like moths in a flame. ||3||
Those whom You, in Your Mercy, have met, Lord, are committed to Your Service.
Servant Nanak chants the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, Har. He is famous, and through the Guru's Teachings, He merges in the Name. ||4||4||18||56||

(hy BweI!) mYN siqgurU ƒ (Awqmk jIvn ivc) rwm pwrbRhm dy brwbr dw mMinAw hY [ mYN mUrK sW, mhW mUrK sW, mYlI miq vwlw sW, gurU siqgurU dy aupdyS (dI brkiq) nwl mYN prmwqmw nwl jwx-pCwx pw leI hY [1[rhwau[
hy (jIvW dy) swry duK nws krn vwly suAwmI! qUM dieAw dw Gr hYN, myrI iek ArzoeI iDAwn nwl sux [ mYƒ auh siqgurU imlw jo myrI ijMd (dw shwrw) hY, ijs dI ikrpw qoN qyry nwl fUMGI sWJ pYNdI hY [1[
jgq dy ijqny BI hor hor (iksm dy) rs hn, mYN vyK ley hn, auh swry hI iP`ky hn iP`ky hn [ gurU ƒ iml ky mYN Awqmk jIvn dyx vwlw prmwqmw dw nwm-rs c`iKAw hY, auh rs im`Tw hY ijvyN gMny dw rs im`Tw huMdw hY [2[
ijnHW mnu`KW ƒ gurU nhIN imldw, auh mUrK prmwqmw nwloN tu`ty rihMdy hn, auh mwieAw dy ip`Cy J`ly hoey iPrdy hn [ (pr auhnW dy BI kIh v`s?) DuroN (prmwqmw ny) auhnW dy BwgW ivc (ieh) nIvyN kMm hI pw id`qy hn, auh mwieAw dy moh ivc ieauN sVdy rihMdy hn ijvyN dIvy ƒ vyK ky (pqMgy) [3[
hy pRBU! ijnHW mnu`KW ƒ qUM imhr kr ky (gurU-crnW ivc) imlWdw hYN, auh, hy hrI! qyrI syvw-BgqI ivc lgy rihMdy hn [ hy dws nwnk! auh prmwqmw dw nwm jp jm ky cmk pYNdy hn, gurU dI miq auqy qur ky auh pRBU dy nwm ivc lIn rihMdy hn [4[4[18[56[
source: PAGE 169 - Punjabi Translation of Siri Guru Granth Sahib (Sri Guru Granth Darpan).

Guru Shabad:
gauVI pUrbI mhlw 4 ]
qum dieAwl srb duK BMjn iek ibnau sunhu dy kwny ]
ijs qy qum hir jwny suAwmI so siqguru myil myrw pRwny ]1]
rwm hm siqgur pwrbRhm kir mwny ]
hm mUV mugD AsuD miq hoqy gur siqgur kY bcin hir hm jwny ]1] rhwau ]
ijqny rs An rs hm dyKy sB iqqny PIk PIkwny ]
hir kw nwmu AMimRq rsu cwiKAw imil siqgur mIT rs gwny ]2]
ijn kau guru siqguru nhI ByitAw qy swkq mUV idvwny ]
iqn ky krmhIn Duir pwey dyiK dIpku moih pcwny ]3]
ijn kau qum dieAw kir mylhu qy hir hir syv lgwny ]
jn nwnk hir hir hir jip pRgty miq gurmiq nwim smwny ]4]4]18]56]

Sardara123,

We are at peace only when we come under Guru's Sharan. Otherwise it is all he says/she says, never ending chatter :).

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008

Guru Nanak Dev Ji passed on Guru Gaddi to Guru Angad Dev Ji. So Guru Angad became Nanak and so on untill Gurgaddi is passed on to Guru Granth Sahib Ji- Now Gurbani is Nanak. So is every realized Soul.

Waheguru

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Exactly.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Pyramid said:

Gurbani tells this truth in very simple to understand words. Gurbani is written for all, not just for a few with some hidden agenda behind it. Only those are opposed of talking Guru Shabad, who have their own selfish purposes. But Pyramid Ji, these kind of people are also needed- As it is said- nindak nairey raakheeay. They wash our dirty laundry. Thanks to them.
Just dont get attached to them, learn from the experience. It makes the faith even stronger.

Whenever I read anything under Gurmat Section that seems not in Line with Gurbani- I ask Guru Ji for answer. And I get it. Guru Ji explains it in many different ways over and over again.

Guru The Ocean filled with Pearls.

Thanks for the wonderful explanation you gave about Guru Ji. I was trying to put this into words, you did it for me- let us say:Waheguru did it.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Guru Ji tells us again and again that everytime one talks about God-Truth, there will be opposition. A servant of Guru Ji doesn't get adversly effected by anything, only gains his her faith.

English Translation:
Raamkalee, Fourth Mehl:
Meeting with the humble servants of the Lord, I am in ecstasy; they preach the sublime sermon of the Lord.
The filth of evil-mindedness is totally washed away; joining the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, one is blessed with understanding. ||1||
O humble servant of the Lord, follow the Guru's Teachings, and chant the Name of the Lord.
Whoever hears and speaks it is liberated; chanting the Lord's Name, one is embellished with beauty. ||1||Pause||
If someone has supremely high destiny written on his forehead, the Lord leads him to meet the humble servants of the Lord.
Be merciful, and grant me the Blessed Vision of the Saints' Darshan, which shall rid me of all poverty and pain. ||2||
The Lord's people are good and sublime; the unfortunate ones do not like them at all.
The more the Lord's exalted servants speak of Him, the more the slanderers attack and sting them. ||3||
Cursed, cursed are the slanderers who do not like the humble, the friends and companions of the Lord.
Those who do not like the honor and glory of the Guru are faithless, black-faced thieves, who have turned their backs on the Lord. ||4||
Have mercy, have mercy, please save me, Dear Lord. I am meek and humble - I seek Your protection.
I am Your child, and You are my father, God. Please forgive servant Nanak and merge him with Yourself. ||5||2||

ਅਰਥ: ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਭਗਤ-ਜਨੋ! (ਮੈਨੂੰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਿਖਿਆ ਦੇ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਸਿਮਰਨ ਲਈ ਮਦਦ ਕਰੋ। ਜੇਹੜਾ ਜੇਹੜਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਸੁਣਦਾ ਹੈ (ਜਾਂ) ਉਚਾਰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਹ (ਦੁਰਮਤਿ ਤੋਂ) ਸੁਤੰਤਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਜਪ ਜਪ ਕੇ ਉਹ ਸੋਹਣੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਬਣ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।
ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਸੇਵਕਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਮਿਲ ਕੇ (ਮਨ ਵਿਚ) ਆਨੰਦ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ। (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਾ ਸੇਵਕ) ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੀ ਸੋਹਣੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਸੁਣਾ ਕੇ (ਸੁਣਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਦੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਆਨੰਦ ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰ ਦੇਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਸਾਧ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਵਿਚ ਮਿਲ ਕੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ (ਸ੍ਰੇਸ਼ਟ) ਅਕਲ ਸਿੱਖ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ, (ਉਸ ਦੇ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ) ਭੈੜੀ ਮਤਿ ਵਾਲੀ ਸਾਰੀ ਮੈਲ ਦੂਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ।੧।
ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਜੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੇ ਮੱਥੇ ਉਤੇ ਚੰਗੇ ਭਾਗ ਜਾਗ ਪੈਣ, ਤਾਂ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਸੰਤ ਜਨਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਮਿਲਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ! ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰ ਕੇ (ਮੈਨੂੰ) ਸੰਤ ਜਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਬਖ਼ਸ਼, (ਸੰਤ ਜਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਕਰ ਕੇ) ਸਾਰਾ ਦਰਿੱਦਰ ਦੁੱਖ ਦੂਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ।੨।
ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੀ ਭਗਤੀ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਬੰਦੇ ਸੋਹਣੇ (ਜੀਵਨ ਵਾਲੇ) ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਪਰ ਮੰਦ-ਭਾਗੀ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ (ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ) ਚੰਗਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਲੱਗਦਾ। ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਸੰਤ ਜਨ ਜਿਉਂ ਜਿਉਂ ਹਰਿ-ਨਾਮ ਸਿਮਰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਤਿਉਂ ਤਿਉਂ ਉੱਚੇ ਜੀਵਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਬਣਦੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ, ਪਰ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਜੀਵਨ ਇਉਂ ਲੱਗਦਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਵੇਂ ਡੰਗ ਵੱਜ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ।੩।
ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਨਿੰਦਕ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਫਿਟਕਾਰ-ਜੋਗ (ਜੀਵਨ ਵਾਲੇ) ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ, ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਜੁੜੇ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਸੰਤ ਜਨ ਚੰਗੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਲੱਗਦੇ। ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਮਨੁੱਖਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਇੱਜ਼ਤ (ਹੁੰਦੀ) ਪਸੰਦ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਉਂਦੀ, ਉਹ ਗੁਰੂ ਵਲੋਂ ਮੂੰਹ ਮੋੜੀ ਰੱਖਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਹ ਰੱਬ ਦੇ ਭੀ ਚੋਰ ਬਣ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੂੰ ਭੀ ਮੂੰਹ ਦੇਣ-ਜੋਗੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ, ਵਿਕਾਰਾਂ ਦੇ ਕਾਰਨ) ਉਹ ਭ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੇ ਹੋਏ ਮੂੰਹ ਵਾਲੇ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ।੪।
ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ! ਅਸੀ ਗਰੀਬ (ਜੀਵ) ਤੇਰੀ ਸਰਨ ਆਏ ਹਾਂ, ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰ ਕੇ (ਸਾਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੀ) ਸਰਨ ਵਿਚ ਰੱਖੀ ਰੱਖੋ। ਹੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ! ਤੂੰ ਸਾਡਾ ਪਿਤਾ ਹੈਂ, ਅਸੀ ਤੇਰੇ ਬੱਚੇ ਹਾਂ। ਦਾਸ ਨਾਨਕ ਉਤੇ ਬਖ਼ਸ਼ਸ਼ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਟਿਕਾਈ ਰੱਖ।੫।੨।
source: PAGE 881 - Punjabi Translation of Siri Guru Granth Sahib (Sri Guru Granth Darpan).

Guru Shabad:
rwmklI mhlw 4 ]
rwm jnw imil BieAw Anµdw hir nIkI kQw sunwie ]
durmiq mYlu geI sB nIkil sqsMgiq imil buiD pwie ]1]
rwm jn gurmiq rwmu bolwie ]
jo jo suxY khY so mukqw rwm jpq sohwie ]1] rhwau ]
jy vf Bwg hovih muiK msqik hir rwm jnw Bytwie ]
drsnu sMq dyhu kir ikrpw sBu dwldu duKu lih jwie ]2]
hir ky log rwm jn nIky BwghIx n suKwie ]
ijau ijau rwm khih jn aUcy nr inMdk fMsu lgwie ]3]
iDRgu iDRgu nr inMdk ijn jn nhI Bwey hir ky sKw sKwie ]
sy hir ky cor vymuK muK kwly ijn gur kI pYj n Bwie ]4]
dieAw dieAw kir rwKhu hir jIau hm dIn qyrI srxwie ]
hm bwirk qum ipqw pRB myry jn nwnk bKis imlwie ]5]2]

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
the difference between God in us mortals and God in Guru is that when Guru spoke, it was God's words that came out of his mouth/pen.

Jaisī mai āvai kẖasam kī baṇī ṯaisṛā karī gi*ān vė lālo.
As the Word of the Forgiving Lord comes to me, so do I express it, O Lalo.

or
Naḏar ṯuḏẖ arḏās mėrī jinn āp upā*i*ā.
It is Yours to bestow Your Grace, and it is mine to speak this prayer; You created Yourself.

Ŧā mai kahi*ā kahaṇ jā ṯujẖai kahā*i*ā. ||2||
When I have spoken, I spoke as You made me speak. ||2||

there are many more verses which show that the words Guru spoke were the word of God himself. until God starts speaking through you, i'd say Guru Sahib's greatness is more than simple intellect. :)
Aren't we ALL dummies with God being the ventriloquist? So, God does speak through me, but I do not consider myself to be greater than any other organism. I think passage has to with getting rid of that haumai.
I think in that passage this is what Guru sahib is referring to. Guru sahib is praising God and saying I do nothing, it's all you. He is not saying, that God speaks only through me, and only people with something more than intellect.
This could also be part of that concept of oneness of humanity, where "God speaks through all of us, so tell me who is good and who is bad? Who is white and who is black?"
Peace out.

Last edited by a moderator:

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Gurbani tells this truth in very simple to understand words. Gurbani is written for all, not just for a few with some hidden agenda behind it. Only those are opposed of talking Guru Shabad, who have their own selfish purposes. But Pyramid Ji, these kind of people are also needed- As it is said- nindak nairey raakheeay. They wash our dirty laundry. Thanks to them.
Yes it is God who is speaking through them, they do nothing. :) It is God who is doing the dirty laundry.
You should not make those people do your dirty laundry, learn to do your own laundry. :D

Apr 4, 2007
Aren't we ALL dummies with God being the ventriloquist? So, God does speak through me, but I do not consider myself to be greater than any other organism. I think passage has to with getting rid of that haumai.
I think in that passage this is what Guru sahib is referring to. Guru sahib is praising God and saying I do nothing, it's all you. He is not saying, that God speaks only through me, and only people with something more than intellect.
This could also be part of that concept of oneness of humanity, where "God speaks through all of us, so tell me who is good and who is bad? Who is white and who is black?"
Peace out.

forgive me, but are you putting yourself at the same level as Guru? or am i misunderstanding you here?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM