• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurmat Gian Group

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Re: Gurmat Gian Group - Gurmat Sangeet

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Jee Ke Fateh

Kindly have a look at the below mentioned links for very interesting Gurbani Videos. This is by Gurmat Gian Group. A group of young Sikh Women Musicians.

Here are the links

YouTube - manbironline's Channel

Gurmat Gian Group

Manbir Singh

It is different but very soothing, thanks Manbir Singh ji:happy:

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

pk70 ji and manbir ji

I also paid a visit to manbir singh's channel on YouTube. The gurbani there are really very high quality. There are a number of videos where Kaurs perform and this is not only unusual but also a transcendent experience. The voices are lyrical and heavenly.

Manbir ji should start a thread based just on this channel. I subscribed and hope to get notifications on a regular basis.

Sat Nam
Antonia

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Gurmat Gian Group - Gurmat Sangeet

Gurmat Gian is an exciting channel on YouTube. Check this thread on a regular basis to hear beautiful raags from Sri Guru Granth Sahib, played and performed by women. The videos are excellent productions and the raaginis are extremely well-prepared and talented.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Manbir ji

Good to get this started. :yes: Once again, you have really contributed to the depth of our gurmat sangeet collection of threads and videos.

Gurpreet Kaur is the main organizer and conductor for this Group. She manages the music and compositions and training for the other three members of Gurmat Gian Group. At present the singers are Gurpreet Kaur, Keerat Kaur Japjit Kaur and Jasleen Kaur.

Who are the Singhs?

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India

VdIHGSg6XzNurAKDOoigUw

http://gurmatgiangroup.blogspot.com/2008/12/mera-baid-guru-govinda-part-1-my.html

Singers in the "Mera Baid Guru Govinda Video" are all Kaurs. Gurpreet Kaur, Keerat Kaur, Japjit Kaur and Jasleen Kaur.

The Commentry is by Giani Sarabjit Singh Gobindpuri
Tabla: Charanjit Singh
Dilruba: Sandeep Singh
Santur: Sonu Khanna

Shabad Video had to be in Two parts because of the duration.

Manbir Singh

Last edited:

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

I loved Kaval Nain Madhur Bain too. Thanks Veer Manbir Ji.
It takes years of practice to synchronize the voices.
Great job. Good job. Excellent.

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India
Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India
Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

I wish to inform to everyone and to those who have seen “Sundri: The Brave Kaur” Animation movie on the historical novel “Sundri” by Bhai Vir Singh Ji. Gurmat Gian Group singers are the main Gurbani Singers for this movie. Its DVD has been released.

The highly acclaimed animated movie ?Sundri: The Brave Kaur?has been released on DVD | SikhNet

Gurmat Gian Group

Yes i saw that and was surprised at seeing some "live" actors in an animated movie !!
Anyway I have also visited the Gurmat Gian site..the Kirtan is exceptionally good. Keep it up.

Sep 4, 2005
Punjab, India

Yes i saw that and was surprised at seeing some "live" actors in an animated movie !!
Anyway I have also visited the Gurmat Gian site..the Kirtan is exceptionally good. Keep it up.

The Live actor you saw in Sundri is Gurpreet Kaur singing "Sur Nar Mun Jan Khojdae" in Rag Ramkali . She is the conductor of Gurmat Gian Group and she has herself sung this shabad for the film.

Mohan Ghar Aavoh Aron Jodariya
http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=8114286460081485016
Mohan Ghar Aavoh Karo Jodariya Gurmat Gian Group’s Blog

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM